• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Anyone else nervous about what trump could do to Canada?

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have some anxiety problems so I may just be blowing this out of proportion but I've been concerned about what trump has on his (flawed) mind... Annexing Canada? Nuking them? Hell he could just tarrif us to bankruptcy!

I know we are allies but trump doesn't seem to like us that much. So what do you guys think...?

D

Deleted User

dunno if him claiming us to be the enemy can really qualify us as being allies

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some anxiety problems so I may just be blowing this out of proportion but I've been concerned about what trump has on his (flawed) mind... Annexing Canada? Nuking them? Hell he could just tarrif us to bankruptcy!

I know we are allies but trump doesn't seem to like us that much. So what do you guys think...?

Not to worry, he’s on his way out. Tune in tomorrow! ;)

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Canada yet have 2 choices to avoid catastrophe:

1. make alliance with Rassia and China
2. Invade USA
3. become his beach (let's be civil, we have kids here)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

With a madman (or at best the toxic kind of car salesman) in charge of your neighbor country, it's very understandable to feel that way. But indeed: you're blowing things out of proportion. Insulting everyone who says something that bothers him (like Trudeau, a couple days ago) is just how he is. By this time, he has probably already forgotten about it. Or more likely: he has found that he has no way to even start with anything that could really do this sort of damage.

The economical situation is different. Honestly: I feel ashamed for our leaders that they haven't fully backed Trudeau on that statement. It's perfectly fair that if the USA comes up with steel regulations from out of nowhere*, Canada may reply with similar measurements. We should simply all do the same until the USA realises that sort of shit isn't what allies do to each other.

*any fucker dares to defend that "it's for our national safety" argument as even having a shred of credibility? :angry:

Reactions: Old and Xzi

Old

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He won't do anything other than pointless tariffs he's already enacted. Trump is almost all bark, no bite.

80% bark, 10% uncut coke, 10% flop sweat.

He won't do anything other than pointless tariffs he's already enacted. Trump is almost all bark, no bite.

Say, have you heard? Moments ago Judge Jackson just sent Comrade Paulie to jail! :rofl: It BEGINS!

The dotard is about to reach CRITICAL meltdown status, hang on to your seat! :rofl2:

Reactions: Xzi

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to worry, he’s on his way out. Tune in tomorrow! ;)
lmao what do you have to say about FBI members and and ex-mueller gang moron texting reporters "We're gonna stop it" to some retard asking "he's not going to win, right? right?"? how the fUCk is that not corruption of the highest order

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes. Trump is about to start WW3 for the 50th time. Nothing is going to happen, you're overreacting. Though, if you thought the CAD was doing bad, it's about to get a lot worse. It's already taking a beating.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Trump is about to start WW3 for the 50th time. Nothing is going to happen, you're overreacting. Though, if you thought the CAD was doing bad, it's about to get a lot worse. It's already taking a beating.
He is getting ready to crash the US economy with more tariffs flying back and forth between the US and China today. Poor Canadians just get shoved in the back seat for Mr. Cheeto's wild ride.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.