Hacking Question Any XCI trimmer for UNIX?

ekosfer147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello I have found XCI trimmer tool for Windows.
As far as I know XCI files use lots of unneeded space. SX announced that they will support trimmed, compressed multi part XCI games.
Also how can I split XCI game file to multiple part to run in SX (since I use fat32 and do not want to update for exFat support or do the hack thing without getting license from Nintendo's servers)

For those who want to use it github url= Destiny1984/XCI-Cutter

I need Unix implementation of this one. Does anyone know if we have?

Reactions: jakibaki

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

works like a charm thanks. It won t damage the file right? I mean we can restore it with script too but does it stop if it finds necessary parts like the one I posted .exe github link
Yes, I implemented the check. I also just ran into an issue with Batman Telltale Series where the padding was too large for my script to hold in memory and verify to which I just posted an update to fix. I haven't seen any games with more than 6GB of padding though, so I may require more tweaks to support those.

ekosfer147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Yes, I implemented the check. I also just ran into an issue with Batman Telltale Series where the padding was too large for my script to hold in memory and verify to which I just posted an update to fix. I haven't seen any games with more than 6GB of padding though, so I may require more tweaks to support those.
Okey I will wait for updated release I will use your script after the release of SX so there is 2 weeks or more

ekosfer147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Thanks, I found Bayonetta had a 6GB padding and the script is already updated for those. Shouldn't be an issue anymore.

Hey lastly, can you add function for spliting xcı files higher than 4gb size after trimming? Or can you suggest method for this since I will be using fat32

don_luca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks @AnalogMan , I've made a macOS app for those who are scared by the black terminal window using your python script, hopefully you won't mind.

The usage is pretty simple:

Unpack/copy the application to your Applications folder (this is important as I've not bothered doing things properly and used absolute paths)

Drag and drop your XCI file to the App icon

- OR -

launch the app and drag and drop the XCI files in the window which will open.

You don't have to relaunch the app for each XCI file, after one is done, you can drag n drop another one.
Just make sure to do one file at time and not multiples.

You must have Python3 installed (not sure if it's installed by default on Mac)

IF it gives you an error about not finding python3, you have to install it.

There are several ways to install it, my favorite is through brew. Here's a nice how to: http://docs.python-guide.org/en/latest/starting/install3/osx/

P.S.: maybe I should make a new thread for this?

Attachments

• XCI_Trimmer.zip
    60.5 KB · Views: 173

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2