Methods to install SplitXCI files from the SD in Atmosphere? Awoo Installer not working

protivakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made the move to atmosphere. From SX OS I have a large library of XCI files that I ripped. I already tried putting all of the .xc0 .xc1, etc files in a single folder per game, naming the folder game.xci, and setting the folder to Archive.

When using Awoo Installer, any time I navigate to this folder it just kicks me back to the main menu. On their GitHub page others are also experiencing issues when trying to install split xci's.

Is there a tool that allows the installation of split XCI files from the SD Card?

GitHub issue that dev closed despite multiple people saying it is still not fixed: https://github.com/Huntereb/Awoo-Installer/issues/69

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installers that can do the splits:

Tinwoo — Installs NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ files and split NSP/XCI files from your SD card
Awoo — Installs NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ files and split NSP/XCI files from your SD card

NS-USBLoader — Concatenate or Split game files and serve them to an installer of your choice (like Tin/A woo)

e: if you concatenate your split files you can install them over USB with just about any modern installer, even on FAT32, because they are 4gb aware.

Reactions: protivakid

protivakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk, try DBI https://github.com/rashevskyv/dbi
I don't actually know if it supports split files.
Other option is joining the files back together I guess.

Just tried, it sees the folder but shows it as 0bytes and does nothing when I click install.

Installers that can do the splits:

Tinwoo — Installs NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ files and split NSP/XCI files from your SD card
Awoo — Installs NSP/NSZ/XCI/XCZ files and split NSP/XCI files from your SD card

NS-USBLoader — Concatenate or Split game files and serve them to an installer of your choice (like Tin/A woo)

e: if you concatenate your split files you can install them over USB with just about any modern installer, even on FAT32, because they are 4gb aware.
Awoo as mentioned in the OP does not work properly. I just tried Tinwoo which looks very similar to Awoo and it too performed the same. Each time I tried to browse to the folder with the .xci folder in it, it kicks me back to the main menu.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried, it sees the folder but shows it as 0bytes and does nothing when I click install.

Awoo as mentioned in the OP does not work properly. I just tried Tinwoo which looks very similar to Awoo and it too performed the same. Each time I tried to browse to the folder with the .xci folder in it, it kicks me back to the main menu.

Will try on my setup here in a bit. What does your .xci folder look like? (screen shot?)

protivakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will try on my setup here in a bit. What does your .xci folder look like? (screen shot?)

Here is my folder setup. I believe it's right.

Attachments

• FolderSetup.png
    FolderSetup.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 239

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

spkatsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I had the same problem and couldn't find any solution to directly install from xc0, xc1, etc. I started joining back those but was painfully slow. So... I went with the easy solution and "re-dumb" the majority of what I needed.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While of the below (if any) is the correct naming for the files within the folder?
A. game.xc0, game.xc1, etc.
B. 00.xc0, 01.xc1, etc.
C. 00.xci, 01.xci, etc.
D. 00, 01, etc.

Pretty sure it’s D but I‘m splitting a file right now to find out.

Mine are coming across as option D

1650674486634.png

Will serve it up with NS-USBloader and install the split file with Tinwoo.

Back in a sec after it installs....

e: of note when I wanted to select the split directory I had to select this option in NS-USBLoader in order for it to recognize the entire archive enabled folder.

1650675465169.png

Didn't have enough battery the first round. Anyway, charged up and installed...
1650679427890.png

No issues via Tinwoo

1650679699255.png

Last edited by binkinator,

protivakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure it’s D but I‘m splitting a file right now to find out.

Mine are coming across as option D

View attachment 307233

Will serve it up with NS-USBloader and install the split file with Tinwoo.

Back in a sec after it installs....

e: of note when I wanted to select the split directory I had to select this option in NS-USBLoader in order for it to recognize the entire archive enabled folder.

View attachment 307236

Didn't have enough battery the first round. Anyway, charged up and installed...
View attachment 307240

No issues via Tinwoo

View attachment 307241

Thanks for the file format comparison. My particular scenario was copying the XCI folder to the SD Card and then installing it from the SD without a PC. That's where I am running into the issues with the apps that support this for non-split XCI files. If you end up trying that please let me know how it goes. Thanks either way for the effort!!

protivakid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, I ripped a fresh 4+GB game as XCI on this switch using nxdumptool to the SD Card and Tinfoil is now letting me install the split game. Perhaps the dumps of the other games had issues. I'll report back if I find anything but that may have been the issue.

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update, I ripped a fresh 4+GB game as XCI on this switch using nxdumptool to the SD Card and Tinfoil is now letting me install the split game. Perhaps the dumps of the other games had issues. I'll report back if I find anything but that may have been the issue.

Yeah, I just redeployed Kirby via Tinfoil by placing the same split directory above directly on my sd card. No problemo amigo.

e: Tinwoo installEd my Kirby split files too. Again no issues. gonna call this myth busted, man. 😀

Last edited by binkinator,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1