OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
I have a problem ...
Im using AMS and Lakka, my SD Card is on FAT32, now .. one File over 4GB is impossible to copy on my SD Card, i could format into exFAT, but then wouldnt Lakka work, but one File can be over 4 GB.
Other option would be nsp to xci, cause of high compression.

What would you recommend, dear Reader?

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What kind of file are you trying to copy that is so big? If it's a nsp file, why not installing through USB? Nobody (I hope) copies their nsp files to the SD card nowadays. Keep your SD card formatted as FAT32. That's the way it should be.

Reactions: RaynorBlackwood

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
What kind of file are you trying to copy that is so big? If it's a nsp file, why not installing through USB? Nobody (I hope) copies their nsp files to the SD card nowadays. Keep your SD card formatted as FAT32. That's the way it should be.
Yes ita NSP, i cant install it with atmoxl through usb, it doesnt work.
Would DBI better through USB?

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can split the file.
You can install over the network
You can install over usb.

I've been using Tinfoil for Network/usb installs.

Also Tinfoil has a great MTP mode. Enable it in the options. Then plug switch in to the PC. Drag and drop files in to the install folder to install over USB. You can access the NAND,SD rip games and OS files.

DBI might. I use tinfoil

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
You can split the file.
You can install over the network
You can install over usb.

I've been using Tinfoil for Network/usb installs.

Also Tinfoil has a great MTP mode. Enable it in the options. Then plug switch in to the PC. Drag and drop files in to the install folder to install over USB. You can access the NAND,SD rip games and OS files.

DBI might. I use tinfoil
Nuuhhh Tinfoil is a no go for me ... Cant trust it.. but thanks instead.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any particular reason you don't trust tinfoil?
no.

There are other MTP options.

In DBI
  • Open DBI then press X to enter MTP-Mode.

On your PC drag'n'drop your NSP/XCI to your MTP-Device (Labeled as SWITCH).

You can choose if you want to install your Game to your Nand or SD Card
Tinfoil gets a bad rap but is not dangerous. Blawar's politics aside. And this isn't about politics.

Deleted member 585564

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TinWoo Installer is also worth checking out.
Mate, fuck tinwoo. Only has like 5% of the functionality DBI offers, with absolutely no advantages over it.

Stop messing around and just use dbi. Life-changer. And stop recommending tinwoo every time. I know you think you have a biological need to pointlessly pad your postcount, but trust me you dont actually need to.

The installer fragmentation in switch scene makes absolutely no sense... we have one app that does everything extremely well, and yet people insist on having and using 50 different apps that do less and do it worse. Tinfoil makes sense because it has functionality no other installers have, but for everything else there is no reason why anything other than dbi should even exist.

Speaking of tinfoil though, @RaynorBlackwood I'm pretty sure recently Tinfoil started offering a standalone .nro that you can run directly from hbl, if that was the only thing stopping you. There is also Lithium but I don't know if Lithium has mtp.

Last edited by Deleted member 585564,

RaynorBlackwood

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
Germany
Mate, fuck tinwoo. Only has like 5% of the functionality DBI offers, with absolutely no advantages over it.

Stop messing around and just use dbi. Life-changer. And stop recommending tinwoo every time. I know you think you have a biological need to pointlessly pad your postcount, but trust me you dont actually need to.

The installer fragmentation in switch scene makes absolutely no sense... we have one app that does everything extremely well, and yet people insist on having and using 50 different apps that do less and do it worse. Tinfoil makes sense because it has functionality no other installers have, but for everything else there is no reason why anything other than dbi should even exist.

Speaking of tinfoil though, @RaynorBlackwood I'm pretty sure recently Tinfoil started offering a standalone .nro that you can run directly from hbl, if that was the only thing stopping you. There is also Lithium but I don't know if Lithium has mtp.
I dont care any more MTP- , USB- Installation, it works damn bad and isnt a good solution for me, im splitting the .NSP's into parts and then transfer those files over FTP or just Drag and Drop with putting the SD into PC.
DBI will be my one and only installer.
All others are just colourfull and full of bugs, no thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs