Hardware Any way to figure out if a PS5 is launch version?

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
My brother just received a PS5. He's offering it to me if I want it, as he knows I'm a collector, and I like to keep things sealed.

I'm only interested if it's a launch version, or to be more specific, has the launch software version (1.00 I assume?)

So my question is, any way to check this while keeping it sealed? Serial number check of some sort maybe?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The PS5 launched with 3 different potential firmwares, depending on when it was manufactured, and there are no serial number lists or anything that can tell you which is which.

The PS5's launch FWs were:

If he bought it recently, it's most likely to be on either 01.02, or possibly 02.00+.

Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
The PS5 launched with 3 different potential firmwares, depending on when it was manufactured, and there are no serial number lists or anything that can tell you which is which.

The PS5's launch FWs were:

If he bought it recently, it's most likely to be on either 01.02, or possibly 02.00+.
Thanks for the info. He had it preordered but just received it today, which is part of the shipment that's being distributed worldwide.

So it's more likely to be an updated version yeah?

alexh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It depends which region you are in. For example the UK launch PS5's came with 20.01-xx

I didn't write down but after playing Demon Souls (which installed an update) it was 20.01-14

Last edited by alexh,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun