any way to earn money via money farming?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Zalda, Mar 2, 2012.

Mar 2, 2012
  1. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    so i'm willing to play a game to earn some real money. got any tips where i should start? which games are the most profitable?

2. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    That depends on how many concurrent games you can run with your computer and whether enjoying playing is even a factor.
    You won't make much money in the most popular and high-turn-around-rate MMORPGs without a massive initial time investment. You will have to have an initial monetary investment for a game such as World of Warcraft (You'll need more than one subscribed account to avoid getting banned when making transactions).

There are some tiered or free-to-play MMORPGs where you can make money but it won't sell as quickly.

You may make more money just looking to employ yourself as a "power level" expert (level people's characters for them).

I know that it's not allowed to actually sell virtual currency or arrange for it on this forum, but I suggest you google "player auctions" and look at the actual market. There is also a Wikipedia page about it: http://en.wikipedia..../Playerauctions

ALSO.
    If you have games, especially competitive games like COD, you should look into streaming as a way to make money. If you're a good player and you consistently run a channel on a site like TwitchTV, you can make money either by selling subscriptions to your stream or by arranging a special advertising deal on your channel.
    I almost decided to do this but I won't have the resources to continue doing it for an income after I move later this month, so I just scrapped it.

3. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    TF2 Hat trading is actually a great way to earn some money but I find it a fun to play and trade

4. jarejare3

Member jarejare3 PROFILE CHANGE!

Malaysia
    I heard you gets lots of money Power Leveling some characters, Like 1k USD for 40 Levels, But do remind you that leveling is hard in Online games.

You can make guides about online games( how to level fast, How to get this, How to do this) and post them in their respective forums and hope they become famous, post a vid with those guides. You can get some subscribers and get some money.

There is some sort of Character selling too to get money, You know sell you Character for said money.

If you intend to get money from free to play games, You can get money from Making In game Guilds and Sell Offer them some deal, Like 100 In game gold for them to promote your items forum, or something ETC,.

Most profitable games Right now would be, Starcraft 2, World of warcraft, Runescape, and the ones with high demand.

Non profitable but easy money, Online games with a lot of brnach, Like dragon nest for example, Has a SEA, NA and JP server.

5. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You can level a character on world of warcraft to 85 within 2 days and make some decent money from it, even if it his crappy gear. The problem is it's illegal to sell it.

6. Magsor

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    Whatever game you play; you are gonna end up spending a lot of time playing it to make some cash. That being said you can pretty much do this on any MMO there always gonna be someone that will be willing to reward you with your time invested.
    My guess is you should get into Diablo 3(beta is going on) early on and be very very active. There will be a in game legal auction house because they knew it was going on in Diablo 2 a little too much.

7. exangel

United States
    You have to either dual box (play two clients simultaneously, whether on the same computer or multiple computers doesn't matter)
    or play with a friend to do that, honestly. (To get to level 85 from level 1, in two days, you need to use Refer-a-Friend experience bonuses which requires a leveling companion.) A Cataclysm account from scratch, is a lot of money if he doesn't have one to start with, too...

And decent money from ONE level 85 is a lie unless you go hardcore (again, time investment) and sell high end items.

It's a violation of the terms of service/license agreement, but that is the case for nearly all virtual currency/service for money trade.. it's illegal in that sense, but it's not a violation of law. Even as a breach of contract, they will only ban you. They won't seek damages unless they feel it's worth taking you to court in whatever country they can apply the legal action to..

8. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Nope! I have personally done it many times myself.... Sad I know. I actually just done it recently with a mage. I did use hierlooms though but it's still doable without them. The made leveling so quick it's pathetic now. You are in outland within one day easy from level 1 without hierlooms.

The things you say make me think you actually haven't even tried to level in cata. What you said is true in tbc terms. Also accounts with 1 85 do sell well, go look into it more. You can make a nice profit from it from people who can't be bothered to level. More than you get for a days normal work.

Yeah you need high level items to make a shit load of money but you are thinking way more money on the terms the original poster wants afaik.

I have 10 level 85s, 1 level 55. Trust me I know how long it takes to level as I rush it.

I took my blue pvp geared druid into raid finder as boomkin and got 6 piece of raid finder gear in the 1 run including 3 bits of tier, You can get raid finder gear in a day aswell if your lucky which puts the price of the account up even more. I was tanking ds normal the next night.

9. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    pretty much this.
    a while ago someone offered my friend $100 for a hat.

10. exangel

United States
    is it even more pathetic that i have so much to say in response?

11. thiefb0ss

Member thiefb0ss GBAtemp Regular

Russia
    You could,but it reuires working 16+ hours a day with no breaks.

12. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    oh this is interesting :O how do I get hats? i already have some (vintage) hats, but can you only find them?

13. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    I just want to say, the ONLY game that is actually legal to do this in is Second Life, but unlike gold farming, you have to actually be skilled to do anything profitable.

Just throwing it out there.

14. jarejare3

Member jarejare3 PROFILE CHANGE!

Malaysia
    Taking the easy way out huh?

15. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Well most of the big bucks in TF2 is bad from selling and buying unusual hats. I assume you know what these are, if not, I'll give a brief explanation:

Unusual Hats can ONLY be obtained through uncrating a crate through the use of a key. These hats are like normal hats except for the fact that they have an effect such as fire shooting out of the top of it. These hats can fetch anywhere from $100+ onwards and I know because I recently sold one for around $200 for about a week of work. The main currency in this unusual currency is Bills hats (which are worth 8 keys at time of writing) and Buds which are worth about 2 bills hats and about 4 keys atm.

16. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Interesting, so that's why I keep getting random steam invites from people only looking to trade for my hats. Now I know.