Gaming Misc Recommend gaming laptop

PikachuPrincess23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, I need advice regarding a portable gaming PC, I have one from before but it was bought used and it doesn't work very well, but it works but gets hot very quickly, so it doesn't seem like NitroSense works much, even if CoolBoost is on, then considering buying a brand new gaming laptop with warranty. Since I got so much in tax money. But I'm not sure which one to buy, the one I have is an Acer gaming laptop with Nividia RTX 3050 and Inter core i5. Do I need to buy the same PC? Will play games like Dragon Quest XI S, Perona 3 Reload and other good RPG games, but not World of Warcraft and that type of game. Preferably not too expensive.

eternal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if youve got the answer from somewhere else already, but what I've done in the past and now either starting from scratch, or starting with an already similarly built system, is to look at a template.

You should look at the game's requirements in the list of ones you mentioned and see what the maximum(minimum) requirements are and look for a popular laptop(asus,dell,hp,lenovo,etc.) make that has that graphics card and cpu at a minimum to play the games listed.

Another technique is to look at desktop builds: https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/ , and see what the laptop build equivalent is, so you know where to spend your money.
So you'd essentially be using something like the pcpartpicker website and maybe slickdeals.net to keep track of the prices till you can buy it.

Other than those small tips it'd be hard for someone else to recommend something to you since laptops are so dang expensive :D (unless you tell us your budget...lol :evil: )

Last edited by eternal,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I recently bought a Asus TUF A15 507XI (RTX4070). Pretty good and amazing battery but the screen isn't the best. It's the 144hz version. But some playing with saturation and I'm satisfied with it. Got it on a sale for 16500 SEK/1 561,33 USD

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a Asus TUF A15 507XI (RTX4070). Pretty good and amazing battery but the screen isn't the best. It's the 144hz version. But some playing with saturation and I'm satisfied with it. Got it on a sale for 16500 SEK/1 561,33 USD

Asus is a good brand, I also have an Asus.

Hi, I need advice regarding a portable gaming PC, I have one from before but it was bought used and it doesn't work very well, but it works but gets hot very quickly, so it doesn't seem like NitroSense works much, even if CoolBoost is on, then considering buying a brand new gaming laptop with warranty. Since I got so much in tax money. But I'm not sure which one to buy, the one I have is an Acer gaming laptop with Nividia RTX 3050 and Inter core i5. Do I need to buy the same PC? Will play games like Dragon Quest XI S, Perona 3 Reload and other good RPG games, but not World of Warcraft and that type of game. Preferably not too expensive.

It come down to your budget, usually I would recommend waiting when there is a sale to get a computer, Acer is probably one of the worser brand for computer, I would recommend something like Asus like what @linuxares have above. CPU wise you want to get as many cores as possible, and try to get the higher clock speed available but also depend on your budget.

Your computer heating problem can be partially fixed with a laptop cooler, and replace the thermal paste when it is dry out.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: eternal

pojes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if youve got the answer from somewhere else already, but what I've done in the past and now either starting from scratch, or starting with an already similarly built system, is to look at a template.

You should look at the game's requirements in the list of ones you mentioned and see what the maximum(minimum) requirements are and look for a popular laptop(asus,dell,hp,lenovo,etc.) make that has that graphics card and cpu at a minimum to play the games listed.

Another technique is to look at desktop builds: , and see what the laptop build equivalent is, so you know where to spend your money.
So you'd essentially be using something like the pcpartpicker website and maybe slickdeals.net to keep track of the prices till you can buy it.

Other than those small tips it'd be hard for someone else to recommend something to you since laptops are so dang expensive :D (unless you tell us your budget...lol :evil: ) if you want digital marketing services click here Dublin Marketing Agency
I'm in the market to buy a gaming laptop i dont wanna overspend on the thing roughly around 1000 to 1200 euros the games im playing are hunt showdown/warhammer RTS series and would like to play 3rd when its out I'm not looking for anything crazy just that I could run games on high settings over 60fps on 1080p preferably and some upgradability would be nice in terms of RAM and and ssd i was looking at the lenovo legion 5 and the asus zephyrus g15 i donno if there good choices or not i have no clue for what I'm looking for or are there any more suggestions that can be given

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto