Gaming Any recommend DS titles to play on the N2DSXL in 2018?

alonzondavis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i didnt have the chance to play through the ds library since I grew up with a psp. Only DS games I actually played then was Super Mario 64 DS and Mario Kart DS.

Seeing as the N2DSXl obiviusly play ds games as well, ether by flashcard or that new dsi or something method to load from the sd card, which games do you recommend I should have to play?

I dont what genre it is, though i do know some games got updates for the 3DS and id probably played those.

Anyway which games I missed out on that you enjoyed and or can still be enjoyed in 2018? This also includes any homebrew games if there where any made for the ds.

zeroultima6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recommend playing The World Ends With You or Final Fantasy IV DS (the former is under the radar IMO and the latter is well... you'll find out).

sansnumen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger DS
LoZ Phantom Hourglass
LoZ Spirit Tracks
GTA Chinatown Wars
Super Scribblenauts
Professor Layton Series
Okamiden
Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
Mega Man ZX Advent
Metroid Prime: Hunters

etc...

Enjoy!

Reactions: mike a

Steel-Winged_Pegasus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for sure, and Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver, but Pokémon Platinum's pretty solid, too. The battle systems are a bit slow, though, apparently, so if you want zippy fast battles, Pokémon Black and White might be up your alley. Never played Black and White too much, though.

A more hit or miss title is Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon. It's a pretty mediocre remake for an experienced fan of the series like me, but I still enjoy it, personally. I'm a little biased, it was my first Fire Emblem game, so I think it's pretty decent, but it could have been so much better.

I'd honestly recommend its sequel, Fire Emblem: New Mystery, more, as it seems to have fixed most of the issues players had with Shadow Dragon. Be warned, though, there is no official localization, only a fan translation you have to patch to the base game. And New Mystery runs a little slow via TWLoader from personal experience, but that might be how I formatted my SD card. Not a bother to me, personally, it smoothens out after a while of playing, so that's something to keep in mind if playing via TWLoader.

miss_nakano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My absolute favorite is castlevania order of ecclesia! I also like chrono trigger, ffxii revenant wings(a unique game!), FFTA2 Ace attorney series+miles series and ghostrick.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I second Chrono Trigger because it's the best version of it so far.

Other recommendations are:
Dragon Quest IX (Especially if you can gather one or more friends.)
Both Zelda games (there's a dpad hack if you don't like touch screen)
New Super Mario Bros.
Dragon Quest IV
Pac Pix
Metroid Prime Hunters
Hotel Dusk and Last Window
Sonic Rush
Picross DS
Nanostray
Elite Beat Agents

That should cover most genres...

Last edited by Zense,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lpoolm

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm doing the same on my 2ds xl, I currently playing through the professor layton games and advance Wars games.

ElderC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
My absolute favorite is castlevania order of ecclesia! I also like chrono trigger, ffxii revenant wings(a unique game!), FFTA2 Ace attorney series+miles series and ghostrick.
For Ace attorney is recommended playing the trilogy natively on the 3ds, imo

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: No way, Switch pro will be next