Homebrew Any possible way to create a second Wii U Homebrew Channel?

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love if there was a way to create a second Wii U Homebrew channel that reads Wii U homebrew apps from a different place in your SD card. I want this so that I could have one channel just for homebrew utilities and settings kind of apps, and then a separate channel of just the Homebrew games. Obviously this is totally unneccesary, but I like to make my Wii U as user friendly as possible, and having the homebrew loader with a mix of various things, some that should be of no interest to anyone but me, like ftpiiu or wup installer gx, and I'd just prefer to keep people as far away from those kinds of apps as possible, even though they very likely wouldn't cause any damage by entering those apps alone.

Peninsula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Creating more than 1 homebrew launcher Wii U channel wouldn't be difficult. Assuming you're running CBHC, you could install Haxchi over any DS VC titles whether they're legit or not, and make them autoboot the homebrew launcher. Getting the homebrew launcher to look at 2 different directories isn't as easy. I think you'd have to recompile the source and change the directory it looks in.

Reactions: Stealphie

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Creating more than 1 homebrew launcher Wii U channel wouldn't be difficult. Assuming you're running CBHC, you could install Haxchi over any DS VC titles whether they're legit or not, and make them autoboot the homebrew launcher. Getting the homebrew launcher to look at 2 different directories isn't as easy. I think you'd have to recompile the source and change the directory it looks in.

Yeah, I should be more specific I do know how I would go about create a second channel, that alone wouldn't be the issue. It would be having the new channel look elsewhere to load homebrew apps that I'm truly interested in seeing happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4