any new exploits in the pipeline?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nutta_nic, Jan 19, 2011.

Jan 19, 2011
  1. nutta_nic
    OP

Member nutta_nic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    just wondering is there any news on any new exploits being worked on, other than the pal smash stack?

oh and just out of interest is it true the pal smash stack isnt possible because the Vulnerability is simply just not there or is that just bollocks?

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland

3. FGOD

Member FGOD Wii gaming bitch

Netherlands
    it is possible to do the smash stacks pal version but it takes way more effort to make it... i talked to pune about it and like he said: the port from ntsc to pal is much more complicated then the port from ntsc to jap... so guys have faith that it will get released... although i want it to be released too though...

4. bdr9

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, even though I'm from the USA I can see how annoying that must be. If I were making that exploit, I wouldn't release it until I had all 3 versions consistently working.

5. nutta_nic
    OP

United Kingdom
    it just pisses me off how much these dicks want for the current 4.3e exploitable games ,£150 on average, a smash stack pal would f**k them up, and this is from a bloke who is still on 4.1e lol

6. FGOD

Netherlands
    yeah i know and i might need to buy one of these as i need to softmod my boss his new wii which most likely is a 4.3e

7. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Just wait a few more days or weeks [​IMG]

8. nutta_nic
    OP

United Kingdom

or months or years lol

9. Liberty

Member Liberty GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Can't your just rent the game you need?

10. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Even if there were another exploit, it'd be a very stupid move to release it now. There are already two easily patchable exploits, and one not so easily patched (most unlikely unpatchable, but that is not related to this topic). If there were another released, Nintendo would just patch it too with the next update. Would make far more sense to keep it until the next update which will inevitably block Indiana Pwns and the Yu-Gi-Oh exploit (both can be patched in the same way as Twilight Hack, so they just need to add a couple of title IDs to a list).

11. nutta_nic
    OP

United Kingdom
    i dont need any games, i'm already modded it's the poor sods that got one for crimbo or updated by accident that'll be getting ripped off, and renting wise your local blockbuster video wont rent out yu-gi-ho cuz it sucks ass and lego indiana jones has been re-released and the exploit patched, so i'm guessing thats the one they will have and sold the older ones for £10 ex-rental!! now some little numpty is selling it for 10 times that!!!!!

12. WiiUBricker

Argentina
    Both games are not produced anymore and not availabe in many places. There are a few resellers, but they want 100 - 200 Euros for one of the games, really.

By the way, there is a rumor of a new version of Yu-Gi-Oh Wheelie Breakers with a fixed exploit around, which was produced in 2010.

13. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Still, it is better to wait until they are patched. There is no point releasing a new exploit just to have it patched in a month, whereas if you waited, it may last 5 or 6 months.

14. nutta_nic
    OP

United Kingdom
    this new update is takeing forever to come out, the others (twilight-bannerbomb v1 then 2) got patched quite quickly, i wonder if ninty are tring to patch smash stack and thats why its taking so long

15. WiiUBricker

Argentina
    No it's not. If you cant get one of the "exploit games", there's no point in not making another exploits for other games. Nintendo is a bit stupid concerning security of its systems.

16. FGOD

Netherlands
    did i read that right? there is a version of wheelie breaker that has the exploit patched? damn, i just wanted to buy one cause of this exploit(as i softmod a lot of wii's) and i have no idea if anybody is working actively on smash stacks pal...

17. WiiUBricker

Argentina
    At least I read something like that on another forums. Users were reporting that the Yu-Gi-Oh exploit did not work with their retail copy of the game.

18. FGOD

Netherlands
    that sucks,i hope i can find a good version then...

19. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Just buy legally online. No problem just long waiting. But at normal prize here in Holland ,30 euros.

20. WalkerOfTheDay

Member WalkerOfTheDay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    Could you tell me where ?? I'm from Holland too. Marktplaats only consist of people willing to hire it to you for € 20,--
    Or you can buy for € 100,-- Klootzakken !