Any idea if I can get Guitar Hero/Rock Band working on WiiU-VWii though USB Loader GX?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by EternallyAries, Mar 22, 2015.

1. EternallyAries
    OP

EternallyAries Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2015
    United States
    Hello everyone I am EternallyAries and new to GBATEMP and I have a question. I recently burnt my Guitar Hero 3, 5 and Warriors Of Rock along with Rock Band 1, 2, 3 and beetles disks on a 500GB Hard Drive. Everything boots up and runs flawlessly. Only problem is my instruments do not want to work. I read quite a few guides on how to get the instruments to work. But I'm afraid if I install a CIOS that is not made for the VWii that it will brick my VWii.

From my understandings all I need to do is select IOS 249, then install CIOS 222 and merge it with IOS 38 with IOS 37. Then everything will install and be done.

But I'm worried that these CIOS/IOS might brick my VWii. Anyone here can tell me if these will be fine to install on the VWii, so I won't need to worry? I would be very thankful since I can't find any valid information anywhere else on the internet.

Edit: I should also mention I've followed this guide with the download link covering everything I need to install the CIOS required to run the instruments.

http://r3dux.org/2010/01/how-to-play-band-heroguitar-hero-5rock-band-2-on-a-soft-modded-wii/

Just in case if you need any information on what guide I am following.

2. Lucifer666

Lucifer666 all the world needs is me

Apr 22, 2011
    The Fourth Dimension
    This is a pretty stupid suggestion but if it turns out that no one out here is able to help you out, maybe installing BootMii, dumping your NAND, try installing the CIOS/IOS that the guide shows, and on the off-chance that it bricks your Wii, restore your NAND dump using BootMii?

Can someone else back me up on this?

3. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States

Considering BootMii can't be installed on vWii it's a bad idea.

249 uses base 56 - however I don't think I've gotten to see it working on vWii - could also try different ports.

4. EternallyAries
    OP

EternallyAries Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2015
    United States

After doing some searches around for any other possible options. I found that d2x CIOS allows instruments. There is a version available for VWii here

https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/detail?name=d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.zip&can=2&q=

and reading the log, it seems that it supports guitar hero/rock band guitars USB's pretty much other instruments.

Here the log link as well.

https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/source/browse/branches/d2x-alt/data/Changelog.txt?spec=svn53&r=53

I might give this a go. But I would like to know if others have tried this CIOS and can let me know if this works on VWiis.

Edit: Sorry about this but it turns out that the CIOS I am currently using is indeed D2x and I just did not set it up right. My Guitar now works. But I'll report back if any issues rises from other instruments. Thank you everyone for helping out though. I appreciate it.:)

Subtle Demise and TotalInsanity4 like this.
  5. navega

navega Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2014
    Brazil
    Im having the same problem , how do you got it working?

6. Steve_Doido

Steve_Doido GBAtemp Regular

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    How did you set it up?

7. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Holy necrobump batman over a year since this thread died lol then you have asked @EternallyAries how he set this up when EternallyAries has not used the site since may 2015 double fail. As a general rule it's kind of frowned apon to post in a thread as old of this in future you should open a new one. And if you are going to ask anyone a question click on their name first as it will tell you when they where last on the site.

Steve_Doido likes this.
  8. Steve_Doido

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    Sorry, wasn't that aware about the community and board part of this forum (ironic, I know).

Marko76 likes this.
  9. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Hey no problem and i just read my post and it may have come across as I was being a dick that was not the intention I was just trying to keep you right for the future. Anyway good luck I hope you get an answer and sorry I can't help you.

10. Steve_Doido

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    Absolutely not. I guess I just apologize needlessly. Should of have been a thanks.

Marko76 likes this.
  11. Irastris

Irastris Just another fag with a suggestive avatar

May 3, 2015
    United States
    You install it using the d2x CIOS installer. This is all described in the stickies if anyone would ever read the god damn things anymore.

12. Steve_Doido

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    I have it installed but it still doesn't recognize instruments in game.

13. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    I think USB instruments require IOS250 (base 57)
    You can change the Game IOS setting per-game.

Steve_Doido likes this.
  14. Steve_Doido

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    Will try

15. Steve_Doido

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    Nope, did not work.
    For the record, the guitar looks for players up until I start USBLoaderGX, or any other channel for that matter

16. GeovannyJoestar

GeovannyJoestar Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    Mexico
    So, you found a way to play? I have the same problem

17. Steve_Doido

Sep 3, 2016
    Brazil
    Nope.

18. GeovannyJoestar

GeovannyJoestar Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 14, 2017
    Mexico
    i solved the problem

19. 7senza

7senza Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2017
    Chile
    How do you solved? I just can't fix this, plz tell me!!

20. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    1. do NOT use d2x v10-alt (you know, the one MOST users are installing because following the WRONG hacking tutorial)

2. use d2x v10 base57
    should be enough to fix all your problem.