Hacking Any idea if I can get Guitar Hero/Rock Band working on WiiU-VWii though USB Loader GX?

EternallyAries

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I am EternallyAries and new to GBATEMP and I have a question. I recently burnt my Guitar Hero 3, 5 and Warriors Of Rock along with Rock Band 1, 2, 3 and beetles disks on a 500GB Hard Drive. Everything boots up and runs flawlessly. Only problem is my instruments do not want to work. I read quite a few guides on how to get the instruments to work. But I'm afraid if I install a CIOS that is not made for the VWii that it will brick my VWii.

From my understandings all I need to do is select IOS 249, then install CIOS 222 and merge it with IOS 38 with IOS 37. Then everything will install and be done.

But I'm worried that these CIOS/IOS might brick my VWii. Anyone here can tell me if these will be fine to install on the VWii, so I won't need to worry? I would be very thankful since I can't find any valid information anywhere else on the internet.

Edit: I should also mention I've followed this guide with the download link covering everything I need to install the CIOS required to run the instruments.

http://r3dux.org/2010/01/how-to-play-band-heroguitar-hero-5rock-band-2-on-a-soft-modded-wii/

Just in case if you need any information on what guide I am following.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is a pretty stupid suggestion but if it turns out that no one out here is able to help you out, maybe installing BootMii, dumping your NAND, try installing the CIOS/IOS that the guide shows, and on the off-chance that it bricks your Wii, restore your NAND dump using BootMii?

Can someone else back me up on this?

D

Deleted User

This is a pretty stupid suggestion but if it turns out that no one out here is able to help you out, maybe installing BootMii, dumping your NAND, try installing the CIOS/IOS that the guide shows, and on the off-chance that it bricks your Wii, restore your NAND dump using BootMii?

Can someone else back me up on this?

Considering BootMii can't be installed on vWii it's a bad idea.

249 uses base 56 - however I don't think I've gotten to see it working on vWii - could also try different ports.

EternallyAries

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering BootMii can't be installed on vWii it's a bad idea.

249 uses base 56 - however I don't think I've gotten to see it working on vWii - could also try different ports.

After doing some searches around for any other possible options. I found that d2x CIOS allows instruments. There is a version available for VWii here

https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/detail?name=d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.zip&can=2&q=

and reading the log, it seems that it supports guitar hero/rock band guitars USB's pretty much other instruments.

Here the log link as well.

https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/source/browse/branches/d2x-alt/data/Changelog.txt?spec=svn53&r=53

I might give this a go. But I would like to know if others have tried this CIOS and can let me know if this works on VWiis.

Edit: Sorry about this but it turns out that the CIOS I am currently using is indeed D2x and I just did not set it up right. My Guitar now works. But I'll report back if any issues rises from other instruments. Thank you everyone for helping out though. I appreciate it.:)

navega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After doing some searches around for any other possible options. I found that d2x CIOS allows instruments. There is a version available for VWii here

https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/downloads/detail?name=d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.zip&can=2&q=

and reading the log, it seems that it supports guitar hero/rock band guitars USB's pretty much other instruments.

https://code.google.com/p/d2x-cios/source/browse/branches/d2x-alt/data/Changelog.txt?spec=svn53&r=53

I might give this a go. But I would like to know if others have tried this CIOS and can let me know if this works on VWiis.

Edit: Sorry about this but it turns out that the CIOS I am currently using is indeed D2x and I just did not set it up right. My Guitar now works. But I'll report back if any issues rises from other instruments. Thank you everyone for helping out though. I appreciate it.:)

Im having the same problem , how do you got it working?

Steve_Doido

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

How did you set it up?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How did you set it up?
Holy necrobump batman over a year since this thread died lol then you have asked @EternallyAries how he set this up when EternallyAries has not used the site since may 2015 double fail. As a general rule it's kind of frowned apon to post in a thread as old of this in future you should open a new one. And if you are going to ask anyone a question click on their name first as it will tell you when they where last on the site.

Reactions: Steve_Doido

Steve_Doido

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Holy necrobump batman over a year since this thread died lol then you have asked @EternallyAries how he set this up when EternallyAries has not used the site since may 2015 double fail. As a general rule it's kind of frowned apon to post in a thread as old of this in future you should open a new one. And if you are going to ask anyone a question click on their name first as it will tell you when they where last on the site.
Sorry, wasn't that aware about the community and board part of this forum (ironic, I know).

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry, wasn't that aware about the community and board part of this forum (ironic, I know).
Hey no problem and i just read my post and it may have come across as I was being a dick that was not the intention I was just trying to keep you right for the future. Anyway good luck I hope you get an answer and sorry I can't help you.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You install it using the d2x CIOS installer. This is all described in the stickies if anyone would ever read the god damn things anymore.

Steve_Doido

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nope, did not work.
For the record, the guitar looks for players up until I start USBLoaderGX, or any other channel for that matter

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. do NOT use d2x v10-alt (you know, the one MOST users are installing because following the WRONG hacking tutorial)

2. use d2x v10 base57
should be enough to fix all your problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: