Hacking any games that dont work on acekard2i?

klaww

Member
Newcomer
Joined
Apr 19, 2011
Messages
15
Trophies
0
Location
Rockford,IL
XP
27
Country
United States
cant find a compatibility list for ds games on acekard 2i so i was just wondering if anyone has the zeldas,castlevanias and professor layton games on there flashcard and if they all work with the ak2i
 

Dark^'^Knigh

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2007
Messages
1,043
Trophies
0
Location
Paradise
Website
Visit site
XP
86
Country
Yeah, it's not 100% compatible. But all of the "major" releases work fine. Unfortunately, I have a couple of little kids that LOVE to play those "games that nobody cares about" (for eg. Disney channel & movie title games)......just my luck
tongue.gif


Of some minor concern is the lack of any recent news/updates regarding the firmware for almost 2 months.
 

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2010
Messages
1,786
Trophies
0
Location
Away from you.
Website
Visit site
XP
233
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
Yeah, it's not 100% compatible. But all of the "major" releases work fine. Unfortunately, I have a couple of little kids that LOVE to play those "games that nobody cares about" (for eg. Disney channel & movie title games)......just my luck
tongue.gif


Of some minor concern is the lack of any recent news/updates regarding the firmware for almost 2 months.

Because there's no need for an update.
 

Dark^'^Knigh

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2007
Messages
1,043
Trophies
0
Location
Paradise
Website
Visit site
XP
86
Country
Evo.lve said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
Yeah, it's not 100% compatible. But all of the "major" releases work fine. Unfortunately, I have a couple of little kids that LOVE to play those "games that nobody cares about" (for eg. Disney channel & movie title games)......just my luck
tongue.gif


Of some minor concern is the lack of any recent news/updates regarding the firmware for almost 2 months.

Because there's no need for an update.
Well, one could argue that aspiring to achieve 100% compatibility (whether they are or not, is irrelevant) could be seen as a "need for an update" to the end user. As you are probably no doubt aware, YWG has released 4 updates to Wood F/W since 1.8.6a was released, which more than likely sees it near or at 100% compatibility.
 

Buleste

Old Fart
Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2010
Messages
852
Trophies
0
Age
49
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
570
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
Evo.lve said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
Yeah, it's not 100% compatible. But all of the "major" releases work fine. Unfortunately, I have a couple of little kids that LOVE to play those "games that nobody cares about" (for eg. Disney channel & movie title games)......just my luck
tongue.gif


Of some minor concern is the lack of any recent news/updates regarding the firmware for almost 2 months.

Because there's no need for an update.
Well, one could argue that aspiring to achieve 100% compatibility (whether they are or not, is irrelevant) could be seen as a "need for an update" to the end user. As you are probably no doubt aware, YWG has released 4 updates to Wood F/W since 1.8.6a was released, which more than likely sees it near or at 100% compatibility.
Wood does not have the anti piracy bypass that AKAIO has which is why it has the updates. Also most of the updates to Wood are to fix games that already work under AKAIO. AKAIO does not need the updates as it has probably the best compatibility of all the low cost cards.
 

Dark^'^Knigh

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2007
Messages
1,043
Trophies
0
Location
Paradise
Website
Visit site
XP
86
Country
Buleste said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
Evo.lve said:
Dark^'^Knight said:
Yeah, it's not 100% compatible. But all of the "major" releases work fine. Unfortunately, I have a couple of little kids that LOVE to play those "games that nobody cares about" (for eg. Disney channel & movie title games)......just my luck
tongue.gif


Of some minor concern is the lack of any recent news/updates regarding the firmware for almost 2 months.

Because there's no need for an update.
Well, one could argue that aspiring to achieve 100% compatibility (whether they are or not, is irrelevant) could be seen as a "need for an update" to the end user. As you are probably no doubt aware, YWG has released 4 updates to Wood F/W since 1.8.6a was released, which more than likely sees it near or at 100% compatibility.
Wood does not have the anti piracy bypass that AKAIO has which is why it has the updates. Also most of the updates to Wood are to fix games that already work under AKAIO. AKAIO does not need the updates as it has probably the best compatibility of all the low cost cards.
Inaccurate. I have both carts in my household, an R4 running Wood & an AK2i running AKAIO 1.8.6a. Wood wins hands down when it comes to compatibility. And you can't get much chepaer than an R4.

Nuff said..I'm out!
 

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    It also sends a forum notification when someone mentions you here, which is really cool if you arent paying attention to chat
  • sailr @ sailr:
    Мой адрес не дом и не улица
  • sailr @ sailr:
    Мой адрес - Советский Союз
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Anyway to move it back to the main page
  • MegalithAce @ MegalithAce:
    Oh woah
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    @kenenthk there isn't a way to put it back on the main page unfortunately.
    But you can bring the chat up from any page by clicking the tab in the bottom right corner
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Seems to be a bit glitchy on mobile doesn't ways want to enter a message
  • MegalithAce @ MegalithAce:
    Oh, there's no more thread sections?
  • MegalithAce @ MegalithAce:
    Now it's all prefix filters ig?
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    you should read through the announcement thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/welcome-to-gbatemp-v8.600093/
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    it explains all this and more
  • MegalithAce @ MegalithAce:
    Awesome, thank you
  • MegalithAce @ MegalithAce:
    I'm still kinda new on this page because I am translating an NDS game solo lmfao
  • BORTZ @ BORTZ:
    is this the cool kids chat
    +3
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    My custom title's been cut off, it seems; odd, considering my title's not too long, I don't think.
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    i guess try setting it again? and see if it says its too long
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    I wrote it again, and...the site accepted it.
  • MegalithAce @ MegalithAce:
    Strange.
  • MegalithAce @ MegalithAce:
    Sometimes the messages are outdated
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Like the new update feels like old msn
    rooms
  • Seriel @ Seriel:
    probably a migration bug then Richard, it happens
  • MegalithAce @ MegalithAce:
    This update is cool, I like it
  • MegalithAce @ MegalithAce:
    @Seriel yeah makes sense
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: