• Likes 10
Status
Not open for further replies.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean seriously the way they're marketing it is way too similar to a big greedy corp.

This product is not available in stock now and will be released around next Month.

Description:
The ultimate kit for your Nintendo Switch!
Includes USB dongle, tool (use once to install OS) and OS software license.
Compatible with all regions.
Compatible with all firmwares.
Real time game switching.
More features to be announced soon.

You all better find out how long that license is for and what happens if you don't want to renew it?

thequickbrownfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We still don't know if "Xecuter SX OS" requires only RCM jig and nothing else? They say tools, what tools?
Why would I preorder software in the first place?
And why on Axiogame software preorder is out of stock? :/
Seems shady...

Reactions: Deletedmember448668

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if they are waiting on new features as Atmosphere isnt finished yet and that is there base... and there PoC video is using a modified Hecktate perhaps? I'm gonna laugh my ass off if people are buying a tweaked version of atmosphere.

Reactions: whateverg1012

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We still don't know if "Xecuter SX OS" requires only RCM jig and nothing else? They say tools, what tools?
Why would I preorder software in the first place?
And why on Axiogame software preorder is out of stock? :/
Seems shady...

it's out of stock because they put the item up, but they haven't secured preorders yet...simple as that.. a lot of places does that, you will even see Amazon doing it on few items form time to time. Nothing shady about it.

Software is for that boot thing i'm assuming, what it exactly does is still unknown. It's like Save Wizard perhaps

thequickbrownfox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
it's out of stock because they put the item up, but they haven't secured preorders yet...simple as that.. a lot of places does that, you will even see Amazon doing it on few items form time to time. Nothing shady about it.
Yes, with physical items. I'm referring to software. It's not like they will run out of stock with digital software...

But, you know what, it doesn't matter. I still don't see any reason to buy it now and wait for a month if I can buy it when it's out.

Last edited by thequickbrownfox,
D

Deletedmember448668

OP

Software is for that boot thing i'm assuming, what it exactly does is still unknown. It's like Save Wizard perhaps
Supposed Drm, lack of product details, asking for pre-order money and all we have to go by is a 34 second video of XT installing thrre software and scrolling through games....not shady at all lol

Reactions: thequickbrownfox

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, with physical items. I'm referring to software. It's not like they will run out of stock with digital software...

But, you know what, it doesn't matter. I still don't see any reason to buy it now and wait for a month if I can buy it when it's out.
they still need stock of "licenses" which they don't have.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if they are waiting on new features as Atmosphere isnt finished yet and that is there base... and there PoC video is using a modified Hecktate perhaps? I'm gonna laugh my ass off if people are buying a tweaked version of atmosphere.
a tweaked paid version.

Reactions: Aeturnus

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'll likely get one due to price and convenience of a small on-the-go loader. I am a bit hesitant of their DRM and "one-time install" though. If it leaves any remnants that Nintendo can ban a console for that would be a very big misfortune. Also, no word on if they are using an emuNAND or something else with their solution too.
Most likely the "one time install" just stores required files on the SD card, and the dongle simply contains a payload that launches those files. Very similar to how GW had the launcher.dat, or 3DS has .bin and .firm payloads on SD. They never made any attempt at detecting the presence of those files on 3DS, though that doesn't mean they can't do it on Switch.

mooglazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait to see people pirating/cracking the OS/software for this thing. There's a beautiful irony in there somewhere.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Shop01media in sweden has them up for preorder now. I just did so, from Germany. 49€ including VAT and shipping.

I mean, this is Gateway all over again. At first, this paid method is somewhat superior. Then free CFW will exceed it, probably by far.
I honestly don't care. I'm jumping ship here early, I am curious, I like this kind of stuff happening, I want to see what it's all about. Probably going CFW in one or two years anyway.

Last edited by wurstpistole,
Reactions: 210modz

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hahaha licenses ?. I can not believe it. Russians are increasingly creative in protecting malicious software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la