Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.1 "OMEGA" PUBLIC RELEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceBaldock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im waiting on my gateway card now and would like to know a couple things (apologies if this has been asked many times before or if this is asked in the wrong section)

1. Can gateway support download play multiplayer and local play multiplayer? and could I be playing a rom with a game that supports it and my friends same region 3ds (which is a normal 7.1.0-16 3ds) connect to each other?

2. This isnt really gateway related but is there a list or chart out there that has all 3ds download play and local multiplayer supported games? and what you can do in that download play (like on street fighter IV you can only play vs mode as either ken or ryu)? that sort of list if one exists would be highly useful for me!

3. Atm think I read only harmoknight and phoenix wright are the only 3ds eshop games available, does this mean that if or when other eshop games (maybe just the ones that are exclusively made for 3ds like pushmo, Pokémon Battle Trozei etc) get dumped by a scene group they should potentially work aswell?

4. Read somewhere you have to press home and X to save games, was that for the older firmware versions of gateway or does that still apply?

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im waiting on my gateway card now and would like to know a couple things (apologies if this has been asked many times before or if this is asked in the wrong section)

1. Can gateway support download play multiplayer and local play multiplayer? and could I be playing a rom with a game that supports it and my friends same region 3ds (which is a normal 7.1.0-16 3ds) connect to each other?

2. This isnt really gateway related but is there a list or chart out there that has all 3ds download play and local multiplayer supported games? and what you can do in that download play (like on street fighter IV you can only play vs mode as either ken or ryu)? that sort of list if one exists would be highly useful for me!

3. Atm think I read only harmoknight and phoenix wright are the only 3ds eshop games available, does this mean that if or when other eshop games (maybe just the ones that are exclusively made for 3ds like pushmo, Pokémon Battle Trozei etc) get dumped by a scene group they should potentially work aswell?

4. Read somewhere you have to press home and X to save games, was that for the older firmware versions of gateway or does that still apply?
Yes.
Probably. Google "list of 3DS download play games" and "list of 3DS local multiplayer games."
Theoretically, yes. I doubt Harmoknight and Phoenix Wright are special cases.
You don't have to anymore. I still do, but if I spend a few hours playing a game, I'm going to take all the steps I can take to make sure it saves.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

1. Yes, both.
2. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=3DS+Local+Multiplayer+list
3. Yes, as long as they are not too new.
4. Other users reported that it's not necessary any more with omega.

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
Cmon gateway bring an update out that when pressing select to bring up the gateway menu it automatically sorts your games into alphabetical order :)

bfilipino808

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if anyone else noticed but a Bravely Default save file can now be used between EmuNAND and SysNAND. (At least from what I tested)

deBaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I also get the damn 00000019 error when trying to update my (real) 3DS card. I told [email protected] about it, but instead of telling me to tape the card or try a newer private version, they just replied with:

ASk for an exchange, we will replace it.

So it seems that there are many people with this problem (hence the short typo-ridden answer) and that they don't believe in a software-only fix anymore.

That is bad, because I don't want to be without my card for the roundtrip time. :-(

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Btw, just a question.
When we copy the rom itself to the sd, it is nessary to move also all the zipped files for it to work, right? That's what I've been doing but I just want to be sure, cause it takes so much space.

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean the .r01 .r02 and so on?

If you mean that, then no

Woah dude, if you mean that you are using double the space you need for the game :P

Reactions: gamefan5

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone knows how to get rid of that pesky fragmentation error?
One of my roms have it...

Best way to get rid of fragmentation error is, if you get that error format your microSD card and copy your roms 1 by 1 again. If you are going to delete a rom and add a new one you should repeat the process. I don't know if there are any other ways but from what i hear stay away from defraging your microSD card.

mijuu

Trophies
XP
Country
best news I heard all day LOL!!!

Anyone knows how to get rid of that pesky fragmentation error?
One of my roms have it...

Delete and re copy and paste it over again. Both versions of pokemon did that for me, just redoing the problem roms worked fine for me. Arse with formatting and recopying just redo the one that didn't work. Also arse with copying one at a time.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Delete and re copy and paste it over again. Both versions of pokemon did that for me, just redoing the problem roms worked fine for me. Arse with formatting and recopying just redo the one that didn't work. Also arse with copying one at a time.

And I can confirm that it works! Thanks a ton!

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is great. So, does Gateway support 64GB MicroSD cards? I want to put all my games onto a single card.

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wow, there are already 128gb MicroSDs?! I better look it up.

EDIT: Haha, that thing came out only a month ago. I don't think they even sell them in New Zealand retails yet.

Costs like a SSD too, which I suppose only makes sense.

player0

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi just want to ask is the new omega reading 1.2 saves?
I know once I upgrade I cant go back, so have to beat those games I started in 1.2 first if they are not compatible
Thanks

Rinth

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi just want to ask is the new omega reading 1.2 saves?
I know once I upgrade I cant go back, so have to beat those games I started in 1.2 first if they are not compatible
Thanks

I appear to have lost my saves after upgrading to 2.1. Of course, I have them backed up. Is it possible for me to insert the 1.2 firmware and re-use those old save games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: