ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

skeletape

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The train should not roll if I recall correctly, I think you're doing it wrong... Are you using a retail game or a digital one ?
I'm using a physical copy. First is the 3DS screen, then it goes to the train loading screen, which has the train in the lower right corner. It doesn't move for a second or two, then moves (the smoke circles around it move and it moves up and down). Then it stops moving again and crashes.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if anyone in this chat has experience with hex editing to increase house size, and if you would help me?

Yes, me.

Do you want to increase the inside, or the outside?

Also, if you want to increase the inside, it's important that you have paid the 39 800 bell loan to Tom Nook.

Have you done so?

Otherwise, you can get locked out of island access, and so far I don't think anyone knows how to access the loans.

skyville-crossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, me.

Do you want to increase the inside, or the outside?

Also, if you want to increase the inside, it's important that you have paid the 39 800 bell loan to Tom Nook.

Have you done so?

Otherwise, you can get locked out of island access, and so far I don't think anyone knows how to access the loans.

I can do that! I need my last characters house fully upgraded inside and outside. I was also wondering if you can help me put fairytale exterior on it? :o

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, player 4 on your file?

First, make a backup of your save. Reason is simple, you have to save to change the size of the rooms, so if you mess up, at least, you'll have a backup to restore.

Inside rooms, these are the bytes you have to modify.

inside rooms said:
0x5b52e - main room = value should be 04
0x5b830 - 1st floor = value should be 04
0x5bb32 - basement = value should be 04
0x5be34 - right room = value should be 04
0x5c136 - left room = value should be 04
0x5c438 - back room = value should be 04

Replace the value by 04 for each of these coordinates.

You have to reload the game to see the change.

Outside, you have to modify the following bytes.

outside said:
0x5B4FC and 0x5B505 = house size = value should be 07 for both

0x5B4FD and 0x5B506 = house shape. It's 00 for the mansion (default), 01 for the zen castle, 02 for the castle and 03 for the modern house.

0x5B4FE and 0x5B507 = door shape. It's 00 for the arched door, and 01 for the square door.

0x5B4FF and 0x5B508 = exterior style. For fairytale, you have to change to 08

0x5B500 and 0x5B509 = roof color. Fairytale roof is 08

0x5B501 and 0x5B50A = door model. Fairytale door is 0B

0x5B502 and 0x5B50B = fence. Fairytale fence is 09

0x5B503 and 0x5B50C = pavement. There is no fairytale pavement, but my personal favorite is the pink pavement. Value is 07 for the pink pavement

0x5B504 and 0x5b50D = mailbox. Fairytale mailbox is 12

Conansboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could use someone’s help troubleshooting why I can get an acnl.ram file to appear on the SD, I’m using my cousin’s 3ds which hasn't seen an internet connection in years and is on update 8.1.0-10U. I manage to get up to the first website crashing with no problem, but the file never shows up on the SD.

skyville-crossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, player 4 on your file?

First, make a backup of your save. Reason is simple, you have to save to change the size of the rooms, so if you mess up, at least, you'll have a backup to restore.

Inside rooms, these are the bytes you have to modify.

Replace the value by 04 for each of these coordinates.

You have to reload the game to see the change.

Outside, you have to modify the following bytes.

The thing is, I have no experience with the hex editing and I am confused by it so I was hoping I could send my save file to someone to help me do it?

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is, I have no experience with the hex editing and I am confused by it so I was hoping I could send my save file to someone to help me do it?

You're catching me in a bad moment, sadly, because I decided to go and check things concerning villager happiness, so I have a billion files open right now.

However, if you have an hex editor handy (I personally use HxD), you just have to look for the coordinates and replace the values with what I've given you.

skyville-crossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're catching me in a bad moment, sadly, because I decided to go and check things concerning villager happiness, so I have a billion files open right now.

However, if you have an hex editor handy (I personally use HxD), you just have to look for the coordinates and replace the values with what I've given you.

It's alright, thanks anyways! I'll do it the ol' fashion way and stop being lazy :P

skyville-crossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have time to edit my acnlram.bin and change a house size for me? I've been trying for a while now and I just can't seem to understand the hex editing thing.. anyone? Please :/

skyville-crossing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend trying to use these hacks, running correct software version and whatnot, but her browser does not crash. Does anyone nkow why? She tried clearing browser history too.

joeysden

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
hi! could someone please help?
I've followed the steps and saved my acnlram.bin to my sd card and put it into my pc, i tried to open it in the editor but it says its an invalid file type! thanks!

D

Deleted User

im having a problem with the custom design sign pwp, i have 3 of them and whenever i put a design on the standee it's the same design for all 3 i can't select individual designs. i think it has to do with the fact that the design signs are all labeled the same thing in the ram editor? idk

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
It might be due to a sort of "flag", like DA00 would be number 1 custom-design sign, DA01 would be the number 2, DA02 the number 3, and so on... So changing DA00 pattern would not change DA01 and DA02 patterns... just a thought

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1