It looks like that, smaller but I like it

Reactions: Margen67

Totally Tim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely won't be doing much more with this game due to general busyness/lack of interest to continue in my free time, but I'll contribute what I've discovered about character customization so far.

First Character's/Mayor's Current Clothing/Equipment
First Character's/Mayor's Hat: 0x2A-0x2B
First Character's/Mayor's Accessory: 0x2E-0x2F
First Character's/Mayor's Wet Suit: 0x32-0x33
First Character's/Mayor's Top Wear: 0x36-0x37
First Character's/Mayor's Bottom Wear: 0x3A-0x3B
First Character's/Mayor's Socks: 0x3E-0x3F
First Character's/Mayor's Shoes: 0x42-0x43
First Character's/Mayor's Tool/Hold Item: 0x46-0x47

First Character's/Mayor's Current Hairstyle
First Character's/Mayor's Hairstyle: 0x24

I'm assuming that hairstyle values are not gender-exclusive, since you are able to obtain hairstyles normally available to the opposite sex in the game.

Hair Values:
00: Male, Middle/Formal, I'm a trouble maker!, Rebel for life!
01: Male, Casual, My room is clean!, I like to style my hair!
02: Male, Extremely Formal, Business!, Fresh!
03: Male, Extremely Casual, Stylish side!, I'm a role model!
04: Male, Casual, My room is clean!, Natural is best!
05: Male, Casual, It's on the messy side, It's on purpose!
06: Male, Middle/Formal, I'm very serious!, Grin and bear it!
07: Male, Middle/Formal, I'm very serious!, Fight and overcome!
08: Male, Casual, It's on the messy side., I wish I could clean it.
09: Male, Extremely Formal, Business!, Vintage!
0A:
0B:
0C: Male, Extremely Casual, Loose and Wavy!, Laid-back looseness.
INCOMPLETE

Refer to the chart for each style's appearance.

oCarLUI.jpg

First Character's/Mayor's Hair Color
First Character's/Mayor's Hair Color: 0x25

Hair Color Values:
00: Dark Brown
01: Light Brown
02: Orange
03: Light Blue
04: Gold
05: Light Green
06: Pink
07: White
08: Black
09: Auburn
0A: Red
0B: Dark Blue
0C: Blonde
0D: Dark Green
0E: Light Purple

0F: Ash Brown

Refer to the chart for each color's appearance.

YDwmnJ2.jpg

First Character's/Mayor's Eye Style
First Character's/Mayor's Eye Style: 0x26

Unfortunately, eye styles are gender-locked in this game. This means that it's impossible to have a style that's normally available for females on a male character, and vice versa. I do not have a list of the female values, but I'd assume that 00 to 0B are the valid values for that gender's styles as well.

Male Eye Style Values:
00: Male Eyes Looking Right with Eyelashes Underneath [Male 4 on image]
01: Male Eyes Looking Right with Eyebrows [Male 3 on image]
02: Male Purple Eyelids [Male 5 on image]
03: Male Small Eyes with Eyebrows [Male 7 on image]
04: Male Eyes Looking Right [Male 1 on image]
05: Male Eyes Looking Up to the Right [Male 2 on image]
06: Male Eyes Looking Right with Rosy Cheeks [Male 8 on image]
07: Male Eyes with Small Pupils Looking Straight [Male 6 on image]
08: Male Diamond-shaped Eyes Looking Right [Not on image, but we'll call it Male 12]
09: Male Hill-shaped Eyes Looking Down to the Right [Male 9 on image]
0A: Male Thin "Smug" Eyes [Male 10 on image]
0B: Male Small Brown Eyelids [Male 11 on image]
0C+: Copies of value 00.

KoGewtO.jpg

First Character's/Mayor's Eye Color
First Character's/Mayor's Eye Color: 0x27

There appear to be some very subtle differences in the multiple blue-ish green and blue values on the list, but it's hard to tell in the actual game. I did the best that I could to note the differences.

Eye Color Values:
00: Black (Total Darkness?)
01: Brown
02: Mix of Green and Blue (About to Rain?)
03: Mix of Green and Blue (Raging Winter Northern Wind?)
04: Blue (Cobal Blue South Sea?)
05: Blue (No Clouds?)
06: Black (Shade?)
07+: Black

sLQFCGa.png

Sorry for the incompleteness, but I figured it'd be better to post what I had than nothing at all. At this point, all that really needs to be documented are the female eye values, and the rest of the hairstyle values. I suppose the addresses for characters 2, 3, and 4 would be nice to have as well, but eh.

Reactions: Sakura

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi! i used this to move my town tree and my town hall and, while the building and tree moved, the cobblestone around them didnt.

I havent saved my changed to my game yet, i can still walk complete through town hall as if it wasnt there.

will the cobblestone move upon saving? or do i need another editor to move the cobblestone?

edit: i saved & reloaded my game and the stone still hasn't moved to the buildings' new locations. ;(

Sakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi! i used this to move my town tree and my town hall and, while the building and tree moved, the cobblestone around them didnt.

I havent saved my changed to my game yet, i can still walk complete through town hall as if it wasnt there.

will the cobblestone move upon saving? or do i need another editor to move the cobblestone?

edit: i saved & reloaded my game and the stone still hasn't moved to the buildings' new locations. ;(

You need Froggestspirit's mapeditor to move the cobbles and change the map. It's been reuploaded somewhere - you'll have to check the previous posts in this thread because I only have the original link, which is now dead. It may be a bit tricky to move all the buildings at once. Try one at a time then check to see if the game will accept it. Some places will not accept placement of buildings - they are there visually, but characters go through them and are blocked where the original building was. Values around 66, 66 seem to do that, it has been reported.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need Froggestspirit's mapeditor to move the cobbles and change the map. It's been reuploaded somewhere - you'll have to check the previous posts in this thread because I only have the original link, which is now dead. It may be a bit tricky to move all the buildings at once. Try one at a time then check to see if the game will accept it. Some places will not accept placement of buildings - they are there visually, but characters go through them and are blocked where the original building was. Values around 66, 66 seem to do that, it has been reported.

the buildings are fine, i can enter & sit on them respectively. they're 100% there.
i'm in the process of looking thru for the reupload link, unfortunately i'm doing like 8 things at once.
slowly but surely!

knowing that there IS a link in here gives me hope though. my town tree looks silly floating in front of my town hall lol

SonicHyuga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anything in Gateway mode, no. If you happen to have a retail copy with your sysNAND on 4.x-8.x and your emuNAND is on 9.x, you can use rxTools to boot into emunand instead. The exploit works with rxTools.

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My HxD version is in french so I don't have the exact traslations but you'll understand

Open the ram file in HxD (or any other editor) and press ctrl+R (works in HxD), write your actual name in hex in the first search field (if it's John it would be
4A 6F 68 6E, add nullbytes if needed)
Write your new desired name in hex in the second field
Choose "Hex values" as type
And then click "replace all"

1426606289-sdfddsdf.png

Do the same for your town name.

For the text message in the profile card, press ctrl+G and type 6B40 (message start at 6B44) in the search field
You'll see your message and then you can edit it, don't forget to reverse the bytes, E0A2 become A2E0

None of it worked for me. It said it couldn't find the code for the name.

Edit: Nevermind, figured out how to fix it.

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely won't be doing much more with this game due to general busyness/lack of interest to continue in my free time, but I'll contribute what I've discovered about character customization so far.

First Character's/Mayor's Current Clothing/Equipment
First Character's/Mayor's Hat: 0x2A-0x2B
First Character's/Mayor's Accessory: 0x2E-0x2F
First Character's/Mayor's Wet Suit: 0x32-0x33
First Character's/Mayor's Top Wear: 0x36-0x37
First Character's/Mayor's Bottom Wear: 0x3A-0x3B
First Character's/Mayor's Socks: 0x3E-0x3F
First Character's/Mayor's Shoes: 0x42-0x43
First Character's/Mayor's Tool/Hold Item: 0x46-0x47

First Character's/Mayor's Current Hairstyle
First Character's/Mayor's Hairstyle: 0x24

I'm assuming that hairstyle values are not gender-exclusive, since you are able to obtain hairstyles normally available to the opposite sex in the game.

Hair Values:
00: Male, Middle/Formal, I'm a trouble maker!, Rebel for life!
01: Male, Casual, My room is clean!, I like to style my hair!
02: Male, Extremely Formal, Business!, Fresh!
03: Male, Extremely Casual, Stylish side!, I'm a role model!
04: Male, Casual, My room is clean!, Natural is best!
05: Male, Casual, It's on the messy side, It's on purpose!
06: Male, Middle/Formal, I'm very serious!, Grin and bear it!
07: Male, Middle/Formal, I'm very serious!, Fight and overcome!
08: Male, Casual, It's on the messy side., I wish I could clean it.
09: Male, Extremely Formal, Business!, Vintage!
0A:
0B:
0C: Male, Extremely Casual, Loose and Wavy!, Laid-back looseness.
INCOMPLETE

oCarLUI.jpg

First Character's/Mayor's Hair Color
First Character's/Mayor's Hair Color: 0x25

Hair Color Values:
00: Dark Brown
01: Light Brown
02: Orange
03: Light Blue
04: Gold
05: Light Green
06: Pink
07: White
08: Black
09: Auburn
0A: Red
0B: Dark Blue
0C: Blonde
0D: Dark Green
0E: Light Purple

0F: Ash Brown

YDwmnJ2.jpg

First Character's/Mayor's Eye Style
First Character's/Mayor's Eye Style: 0x26

Unfortunately, eye styles are gender-locked in this game. This means that it's impossible to have a style that's normally available for females on a male character, and vice versa. I do not have a list of the female values, but I'd assume that 00 to 0B are the valid values for that gender's styles as well.

Male Eye Style Values:
00: Male Eyes Looking Right with Eyelashes Underneath [Male 4 on image]
01: Male Eyes Looking Right with Eyebrows [Male 3 on image]
02: Male Purple Eyelids [Male 5 on image]
03: Male Small Eyes with Eyebrows [Male 7 on image]
04: Male Eyes Looking Right [Male 1 on image]
05: Male Eyes Looking Up to the Right [Male 2 on image]
06: Male Eyes Looking Right with Rosy Cheeks [Male 8 on image]
07: Male Eyes with Small Pupils Looking Straight [Male 6 on image]
08: Male Diamond-shaped Eyes Looking Right [Not on image, but we'll call it Male 12]
09: Male Hill-shaped Eyes Looking Down to the Right [Male 9 on image]
0A: Male Thin "Smug" Eyes [Male 10 on image]
0B: Male Small Brown Eyelids [Male 11 on image]
0C+: Copies of value 00.

KoGewtO.jpg

First Character's/Mayor's Eye Color
First Character's/Mayor's Eye Color: 0x27

There appear to be some very subtle differences in the multiple blue-ish green and blue values on the list, but it's hard to tell in the actual game. I did the best that I could to note the differences.

Eye Color Values:
00: Black (Total Darkness?)
01: Brown
02: Mix of Green and Blue (About to Rain?)
03: Mix of Green and Blue (Raging Winter Northern Wind?)
04: Blue (Cobal Blue South Sea?)
05: Blue (No Clouds?)
06: Black (Shade?)
07+: Black

sLQFCGa.png

Sorry for the incompleteness, but I figured it'd be better to post what I had than nothing at all. At this point, all that really needs to be documented are the female eye values, and the rest of the hairstyle values. I suppose the addresses for characters 2, 3, and 4 would be nice to have as well, but eh.

Those are all great. I agree, it'd be great to have the other characters too as that's also what I mostly need at the moment.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if this has been brought to attention or not, but i wanted to say that when you switch your villagers, the away message that's usually on their door is that of the villager they REPLACED.
this happens regardless of if you reset villager data.

example: i replaced Bones with Kyle, when Kyle's not home, his note says "I'm out on a snack run! Kyle"
while it's still signed "kyle", its the away message of a LAZY villager (Bones), not a smug.

another example:
i replaced Vesta with Rosie
when Rosie isn't home, her note says "I'm not home right now. Rosie" which is what a normal type villager's house reads
peppy villagers have "Out playing! Come find me!"

it's nothing huge, the villagers themselves still retain their personality type
but it's a little thing that irks me.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
idk if this has been brought to attention or not, but i wanted to say that when you switch your villagers, the away message that's usually on their door is that of the villager they REPLACED.
this happens regardless of if you reset villager data.

example: i replaced Bones with Kyle, when Kyle's not home, his note says "I'm out on a snack run! Kyle"
while it's still signed "kyle", its the away message of a LAZY villager (Bones), not a smug.

another example:
i replaced Vesta with Rosie
when Rosie isn't home, her note says "I'm not home right now. Rosie" which is what a normal type villager's house reads
peppy villagers have "Out playing! Come find me!"

it's nothing huge, the villagers themselves still retain their personality type
but it's a little thing that irks me.

If you can use HxD to modify your ram, the third bit in your villager's infos is the personality. Here are the informations I gathered about this

The villager modifier is working well except for one thing, villager's wake-up time.

tumblr_nl9kwxuPoC1r9tg4oo1_540.png

These are the bits for Kiki, a normal villager I got at the start of the game. The two first bits identify Kiki and the third bit identify her personality group, 04 for Normal. Even if the bits are changed, Kiki would act normally except for things like wake-up times

tumblr_nl9kwxuPoC1r9tg4oo2_540.png

And this is the Midge I modified from the Kabuki who moved in my town. Kabuki being a cranky villager, the third bit is a 02, and it stuck to Midge. Midge still acts like a Normal villager, except for waking up and going to bed (she wakes up after Kiki)

So, personality bits

00 - Lazy
01 - Jock
02 - Cranky
03 - Smug
04 - Normal
05 - Peppy
06 - Snooty
07 - Uchi

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
Still need help about the user card picture...
I used photoshop to make and save a small jpg file, the hex content is correct (the code looks like the original picture's code), but it's too long, when I paste it to the hex editor, it overwrite important bytes...

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW guys, there's no need to shut down your game between dumps, injections, etc. All I do each time I run a spider tool is delete my browser cookies. No need to delete history or reset all browser settings. just delete cookies and you're good. saves a bunch of time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think