Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question about map/town editing. This is my unedited town layout :
2nb90n8.jpg

I'm trying to change it to this :
4qipt.jpg

Now when I inject it into the game everything moves except for the buildings and the town tree. ( the plaza moves but not the tree). :hateit: I was wondering how to fix this and also move the buildings. I checked my map and it's not blocking any villager houses or on other buildings. I tried to restart the game and shut down for it to take effect but the map doesn't change. If anyone can give me so advice as to what I am doing wrong or how to fix this I would appreciate it so much. Thank you.:)

I see what you did there! You used Froggerspirit's (is that right?) map editor? That only edits the "acres", the map floor so to speak. Now you have to put the acnlram.bin file into Marc's RAM editor to change where the buildings etc are. It's a little bit tricky, but just have a rough guess by placing objects like bells where you want stuff and you'll soon get the general idea. The station will be at 52, 18 so you can sort of count from that. I'm afraid it's change values, inject and change again till you get it right. There are some limitations too. For a couple of houses, I couldn't get them to act properly. They sort of "moved", but characters walked straight through the new location and were blocked by the old location as if the invisible building were still there. Odd because I'd previously moved them form somewhere else. It was around 64, 64 ish.

Reactions: matrix

ZxJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Anybody help me :(
My 3DS do not dump the ram, i have the acnldump.bin n acnlinjc.bin in the root of my SD Card, i start the acnl, press home n i go to browser, i loaded the bit.ly/acnl_dump the browser crash n return to home, power off my 3ds n check the SD Card but no create the ram dump, i not see the green screen only black screen and return to home,

My 3DS is 4.2.0-9U. I not use the emunand or gateway or any other 3ds flashcard, my acnl is us i dont know what version is i think is 1.0.

Sorrry for my bad english, only speak spanish. Thanks

Sakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anybody help me :(
My 3DS do not dump the ram, i have the acnldump.bin n acnlinjc.bin in the root of my SD Card, i start the acnl, press home n i go to browser, i loaded the bit.ly/acnl_dump the browser crash n return to home, power off my 3ds n check the SD Card but no create the ram dump, i not see the green screen only black screen and return to home,

My 3DS is 4.2.0-9U. I not use the emunand or gateway or any other 3ds flashcard, my acnl is us i dont know what version is i think is 1.0.

Sorrry for my bad english, only speak spanish. Thanks

I could be wrong, but I don't think it works on such a low version console. Think it has to be on a higher firmware version. You have to go right into the game too, so that your character is moving around your town. Just on the start screen will not work.

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried the unboxing tool in Leaftools by NeoKamek?

yup. it's giving me a YELLOW instead of a GREEN, so it's not detecting that ankha's in boxes. I've checked, I've saved and releoaded, I've deleted my history and cookies. It's just not happening.

ZxJesus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I could be wrong, but I don't think it works on such a low version console. Think it has to be on a higher firmware version. You have to go right into the game too, so that your character is moving around your town. Just on the start screen will not work.

Yeah, i choose my major character and i moved around the town, but don't work the ram dump. But i also think is the version of my 3DS...

Sakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yup. it's giving me a YELLOW instead of a GREEN, so it's not detecting that ankha's in boxes. I've checked, I've saved and releoaded, I've deleted my history and cookies. It's just not happening.

That's a bummer. Only thing I can think of is to load up the ram file in the RAM editor, check what the house coordinates are and keep them safe. Let the villager move and then put them back in the previous place (replacing the new villager that moves in) using the RAM editor again. It's a bit longwinded, but fairly simple still. Could work? You'll still have the same relationship etc, but not sure about villager items

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a bummer. Only thing I can think of is to load up the ram file in the RAM editor, check what the house coordinates are and keep them safe. Let the villager move and then put them back in the previous place (replacing the new villager that moves in) using the RAM editor again. It's a bit longwinded, but fairly simple still. Could work? You'll still have the same relationship etc, but not sure about villager items

I guess I'l have to. I just worry that the initial random house placement is going to destroy a bunch of flowers or non-native trees.

matrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see what you did there! You used Froggerspirit's (is that right?) map editor? That only edits the "acres", the map floor so to speak. Now you have to put the acnlram.bin file into Marc's RAM editor to change where the buildings etc are. It's a little bit tricky, but just have a rough guess by placing objects like bells where you want stuff and you'll soon get the general idea. The station will be at 52, 18 so you can sort of count from that. I'm afraid it's change values, inject and change again till you get it right. There are some limitations too. For a couple of houses, I couldn't get them to act properly. They sort of "moved", but characters walked straight through the new location and were blocked by the old location as if the invisible building were still there. Odd because I'd previously moved them form somewhere else. It was around 64, 64 ish.

ahhhh I was thinking that might be it. Ok I'm going to try this now thank you so much for the response.

NeoKamek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post a copy of your mori.bin so I can check it out and find out why it's not detecting her in boxes?

If you wanna hex-edit it manually the villagers start at 0x27C90. Each villager entry is 0x24F8 bytes in size, and the bit that determines the villager's move-out status is at 0x24C4. 09 means the villager is in boxes, if you reset it to 00 then that should unbox them.

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got another question.

So does anyone know how to edit your mayor and other human character's face types?

I see that the codes for town names, mayor names, human character names, genders etc. have been found and able to be edited in hex(which i unfortunately don't know how to do), but are the face types changeable?

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you post a copy of your mori.bin so I can check it out and find out why it's not detecting her in boxes?

If you wanna hex-edit it manually the villagers start at 0x27C90. Each villager entry is 0x24F8 bytes in size, and the bit that determines the villager's move-out status is at 0x24C4. 09 means the villager is in boxes, if you reset it to 00 then that should unbox them.

Using HxD, I went to 00027C90, then skipped ahead by an offset of 24C4. I got a hex value of 38. and saw my villager's catchphrase in plaintext a little bit above (meaning that yes, I was in the correct general area). I skipped ahead by 24F8 and sure enough, it was also 38, and another villager's plaintext was just above. So yeah, I'm clearly in the correct range, but I'm getting values of 38, 21, 20, or 00, but none of them, even nearby, are 09

Attachments

• mori.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 249

NeoKamek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Ankha's is 21 for some reason (0x37F24)... Try setting it to 00 and see if that does it. I'd test your data by injecting it but that'll probably start a new day and kick out Ankha if I'm wrong.

Reactions: TidusWulf
D

Deleted User

That's really nice!! Now I don't need to wait forever to wait for a perfect fruit tree to grow! Thanks marc_max!

Skorrupi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to inject someones town and edit it???

Yes. You can go to someone's dream town, dump the save, go back to yours and then inject. However furniture inside houses won't get dumped and neither will saved patterns at the Able Sisters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1