ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

decorwreck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i just downloaded soundhax today and the first edits i made worked fine, i exported my original unhacked file, edited, put the new garden.dat into the folder and imported and it worked fine. then i took the SD out (i dont think i exported again wasn't sure if it was necessary) and edited nothing major, most drastic edit i made was moving villager houses and injecting two new ones, i imported it and the game showed up as if i had just bought it and asked if i wanted to move in or start a new save file. i took out my SD card and put in the second garden.dat i made with the first round of edits since that originally worked and imported it, same thing happened. i tried exporting the file again to see if that changed anything, put the most recent round of edits with the villager house movements in as the garden.dat file, imported again and same thing happened. i have all three garden.dats saved, the first without edits at all, second with some edits, and third with villager movements backed up to my desktop and im sure i did something wrong on my end as it worked the first time but i do not know how to fix it

Start a new game, go through the introduction. The first chance to get, save and quit your game. Go to the homebrew editor, extract your new town save.
Open up one of your old save files using the editor and do this: on the 'Other' tab, beside the section labeled 'secure value', click the edit icon, update secure NAND value, then navigate to the file of the town you just made. Save your changes and inject your new file.

D

Deleted User

Start a new game, go through the introduction. The first chance to get, save and quit your game. Go to the homebrew editor, extract your new town save.
Open up one of your old save files using the editor and do this: on the 'Other' tab, beside the section labeled 'secure value', click the edit icon, update secure NAND value, then navigate to the file of the town you just made. Save your changes and inject your new file.
whats a secure nand value to input? and with editor is this all taking place in JK's save manager as options? i've never hacked before so im not too familiar with the system and lingo

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

whats a secure nand value to input? and with editor is this all taking place in JK's save manager as options? i've never hacked before so im not too familiar with the system and lingo
also when does this change from ds to computer in the order of how to fix it. and does extract mean export and inject mean import? thank you so much

imo_groom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Im using JKSM on homebrew and everything was good and i imported my file onto my 3ds. So many things went wrong and im so duMB OmFg.
What i NORMALLY do with ye old RAM editing from ages ago is edit on my old 3ds and play it properly on my new 3ds. I did this after my homebrew new way of editing and ACNL crashed when opening it up on my new 3ds. I assumed this was because i didnt have homebrew on my 3ds so i did that and installed homebrew on both my new and old 3ds.
It still wasnt working so i gave up and just deleted the file. NOW, i was in kind of a panic to get rid of it becuase i didnt want anything to happen to my savefile. on the JKSM in homebrew it says something along the lines of "delete save file" i clicked that thinking it was just getting rid of the file i exported and saved etc etc, the editied version essentially. i was very wrong. AppARENTLY this deletes your actual savefile. NOW i have a backup of my town BEFORE i did this lmao.

i tried just straight up importing the old save file back into my 3ds to 'save' it and THAT didnt work. I dont know what happned and now homebrew wont even open. i have all the files there and everything and nothing is working and everything has turned to shit. pls help omg ;-; im a mess

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...and nope, nothing is happening still. I'm getting the same message asking me to download the latest update and launch the game again, and it's doing nothing.

Anyone know what I can do?

Alright, I reset everything and now I just gotta figure out from step one how to get an old "garden.dat" file and turn it into a "garden_plus.dat" file. It's my old town and I'd really love to have it back, and I've been looking back at replies on here and so far I haven't found anything that would help me out.

MitPro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I reset everything and now I just gotta figure out from step one how to get an old "garden.dat" file and turn it into a "garden_plus.dat" file. It's my old town and I'd really love to have it back, and I've been looking back at replies on here and so far I haven't found anything that would help me out.
Find an old backup of your town (garden.dat) and delete the update via system settings. Then update it once more and go through the whole tutorial thing with Isabelle, then finally reimport the garden plus save file. This is what worked for me, I'm not sure if it'll work for you but it's worth trying.

Reactions: Goshi

Goshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Find an old backup of your town (garden.dat) and delete the update via system settings. Then update it once more and go through the whole tutorial thing with Isabelle, then finally reimport the garden plus save file. This is what worked for me, I'm not sure if it'll work for you but it's worth trying.

Alright, thanks. I'll try that out. Just to clarify by "system" you mean the "update.dat" file in the SD card save manager files?

Last edited by Goshi,

decorwreck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

also when does this change from ds to computer in the order of how to fix it. and does extract mean export and inject mean import? thank you so much

oooh...I guess I just assumed you knew what you were doing.
Ok...Start a new game, go through the introduction. The first chance to get, save and quit your game.
Use soundhax to export your new town's save file just like you did the first time. Now take out your sd card from your 3ds and put it in your computer, or whatever.
Now go on your computer. Use the editor to open one of your old save files that you made before you messed up your game.
By now you should be in the editor.

On the editor, at the top, there is a word that says 'other' click on that.
In the right column, look for the words 'secure value', it will have a bunch of letters and numbers, and beside the letters and numbers will be a pen or pencil icon. Click on that icon.

When you do a file box should open. Use the file box and find where you saved the file for the town that you just made a little while ago. It should be on your sd card, in the folder where your exported files are kept. Make sure it's the NEW town you just made. Once you find your new town file click on it. After you do that, then save your changes and put your saved game file back on your SD card. Then import the saved file back into your game.

Last edited by decorwreck,
D

Deleted User

so i followed ur instructions best as i could im pretty sure i did them right but the same thing happened it showed up as a new town again. for the file i selected for nand value of the new town i made i just selected the garden.dat file was that right? i imported it and the same thing just happened again

decorwreck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i followed ur instructions best as i could im pretty sure i did them right but the same thing happened it showed up as a new town again. for the file i selected for nand value of the new town i made i just selected the garden.dat file was that right? i imported it and the same thing just happened again

Do you have the amiibo update? If so, it should be a garden_plus.dat file, not a garden.dat one..

Keon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to inject my really old garden.dat into the game,when I try to import it via save manager on homebrew,sometimes it overwrites back to the current town I have and sometimes it says I need to update...

Last edited by Keon,
D

Deleted User

oooh...I guess I just assumed you knew what you were doing.
Ok...Start a new game, go through the introduction. The first chance to get, save and quit your game.
Use soundhax to export your new town's save file just like you did the first time. Now take out your sd card from your 3ds and put it in your computer, or whatever.
Now go on your computer. Use the editor to open one of your old save files that you made before you messed up your game.
By now you should be in the editor.

On the editor, at the top, there is a word that says 'other' click on that.
In the right column, look for the words 'secure value', it will have a bunch of letters and numbers, and beside the letters and numbers will be a pen or pencil icon. Click on that icon.

When you do a file box should open. Use the file box and find where you saved the file for the town that you just made a little while ago. It should be on your sd card, in the folder where your exported files are kept. Make sure it's the NEW town you just made. Once you find your new town file click on it. After you do that, then save your changes and put your saved game file back on your SD card. Then import the saved file back into your game.
yeah i figured this out eventually this is what i did and it didn't work i know it must be something on my end because it's not glitching it just wipes completely

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I just want to inject my really old garden.dat into the game,when I try to import it via save manager on homebrew,sometimes it overwrites back to the current town I have and sometimes it says I need to update...
Did you try looking at the posts above you for a possible solution?

decorwreck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes i am just abbreivating they have all been with the plus
You have 3 saved old files, including one that's untouched yes? Make a copy of that one, and then use your NEW town's NAND to update it. Also don't play your game until after you inject your changed save file.

misterbooki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed injecting my old save game by deleting exibition.dat, friend1.dat and update.dat, renaming old garden.dat to garden_plus and injecting. If that doesn't work try going to the eshop and repairing the software, and using an updated garden_plus file and getting it's NAND value. Make sure all 3 are deleted from the SD card.

Reactions: Keon

decorwreck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed injecting my old save game by deleting exibition.dat, friend1.dat and update.dat, renaming old garden.dat to garden_plus and injecting. If that doesn't work try going to the eshop and repairing the software, and using an updated garden_plus file and getting it's NAND value. Make sure all 3 are deleted from the SD card.
Wait, you had more than one garden file on your sd card in the same folder? Why would you do that...? You can only use one Garden file at a time. Also, just renaming garden to garden_plus will not work...at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.