ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you move buildings without corruption? Because my villagers all decided to flank my house as it's impossible to get them anywhere else.
I moved my villagers houses around with no issue. Make a backup just in case though

Carabug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can finally edit! (i blame giving up coffee for it taking me so long to grasp, verrry sleepy)
The red and purple leaf icons don't work though, it says "missing target title" so i've just been using the svdt at the bottom of the homepage. is there a way for me to make the icons load properly? I've tried clearing my SD card and rescanning cubic ninja.

EDIT: Using svdt makes me kind of paranoid though in case I click on the wrong side.

Last edited by Carabug,

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really dumb question.
How do I back up my game? .-.
It's a physical copy. Do I just save whatever is on the SD card onto my computer?
You can either use powersaves or dump your save file onto your sd card

for dumping you use homebrew and dump your file (with save manager or JKSV) onto your sd card. Then you put your sd card on your computer and open it. If you've prepared your sd card you should have the savedatabackup. Inside there should be a "garden_plus.dat" file if you have the new update (or garden.dat for the old one i think) and so you just drag that onto your desktop or somewhere for safekeeping.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies.
I assumed mentioning the use of an old 3DS would suggest I'm using the RAM hacking method.
By "old" I mean older version.
I see. You need to somehow extract your garden_plus.dat file. I'm not sure if you can use this with the standard ACNL (garden.dat) anymore, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

MissB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you @marc_max for getting the editor updated so quickly!

I've used the Beta 2 editor twice now with no issue. I'm on 11.2, no CFW, and use svdt to dump/inject my saves.
I changed one villager, moved/added trees and shrubs, changed villager catchphrases, shirts and interiors, changed a bridge from one type to another, and changed the secure value (because I was moving the save to a spare copy of the game).

deishido

Texture Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone confirm that JKSV is not working, or was it just that one person?

I'm not the person you're talking about, but I can confirm JKSV works fine IF used properly.
My first time with JKSV failed (Due to my own error i discovered. TLDR; Saves imported to JKSV must have been exported with JKSV)

Here's how I got it to work:
  1. Open JKSV
  2. Export ACNL save -> when prompted for a folder, I typed "Recent"
  3. (Whenever I do a new edit, I export a save into this folder FIRST. EVEN when editing an older save.)
  4. On computer, I copied the Recent folder and renamed the copy "Import"
  5. Opened Garden_plus.dat from "Import" in the save editor
  6. Do the edits, make sure it's not something that would crash the game anyway, like crazy acre mods
  7. BEFORE exporting, go to the "Other" tab and find the secure value section on the right
  8. Click and select the file "garden_plus.dat" from the "Recent" folder.
  9. (This may or may not update the secure value depending on the age of your save file, but it guarantees a successful load for me)
  10. after saving the edited file, drop it into the "Import" folder. it should replace the old one there.
  11. Make sure it is named properly with no numbers in it. Simply garden_plus.dat
  12. Open JKSV and import. It will ask which folder to import from, select "Import"
  13. ???
  14. Profit!

The trouble I had before was using SVDT, which my (Probably outdated) version couldn't get the secure value when exporting. and nothing could import it. I took that save and followed the above steps with it, using the editor to rewrite the secure data to be correct and it worked just fine. Hope this helps others with the same issue I had.

Reactions: Ailuros27

Rowena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, I've just signed up because I have three hacked towns (cartridges) that I need to try and update. I am very much attached to them, and want to protect them as much as possible. What I would like to do, if possible, is inject the most recent save (garden.dat, using the NLSE) for each game onto a new, separate cartridge. That way, I could update and troubleshoot each town without risking my original towns at all. Is injecting one town's save into a different cartridge even still possible?

Also, once I have updated towns, is it still OK to use NLSE to edit ACNL without Homebrew now that the game uses garden_plus.dat files?
I have not used Homebrew before, and am a bit overwhelmed with the options.

This is what I have:
3DS XL at Ver. 9.5.0-22U (this is the one I've been using with NLSE, pretty much since it was first developed, so I am well acquainted with it)
3DS at Ver. 11.1.0-34U
3DS XL at Ver. 11.0.0-33U
OoT, Smash Bros., and Sticker Star if needed

I really don't want to update the 9.5 XL, since I bought it at this version specifically for hacking.

Kayxo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone x

So, I have two ds's. 1 NEW Nintendo 3ds and 1 OLD Nintendo 3ds.

My N3DS was downgraded via cubic ninja, & I believe also has CFW. When I turn it on I use "A" & REBOOT comes up and goes into the Homebrew Launcher. Playing online via reinand. It was getting updates from Nintendo to update in order to play online so I didn't.

That's where the O3DS comes in. I would hack on n3ds and use o3ds to play online.

NOW we have the ACNL update and not able to hack. What should I do? What are my options now to do on the new 3ds?

If anyone can give me any type of information that would help me a lot. Do I update the sysnand or the emunand on the n3ds? Would this solve anything? Cause then I can update the game and be able to hack on the ds that has sabe manager.. let me know my options and if you need anymore information. I used many tutorials to set up my ds a few months ago so I am not 100% sure .. but what I mentioned above to get into homebrew is what I have !!

EDIT: I was on V11 or V10 to get to 9.2 on NEW 3DS. New 3ds is on "9.2" but 11 something.. if that makes sense D:

OLD ds is up to date.

Last edited by Kayxo,

leroydgc

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I get "Missing target title" error when trying to dump my game's save. I have the latest Luma, save editor and my HB is 1.1.0 physical cart

Reactions: Carabug

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1