Hacking An official announcement by Team R4

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantronics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is simply false. At best they are releasing a firmware which will not work with fake carts.

It makes zero sense to kill everybody's DS when;

1. they themselves make it difficult to buy a REAL R4 when they no longer publish their resellers online
2. if they brick even 1 DS intentionally, they will never get the support of the market for any further products/developments
3. its just plain nasty to brick someones console

I have also spoken to my contacts with the factory and they also assure me its a complete falacy.

neoice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which factory did you ask? Cause I did ask one of them, and they said the announcement was fake.

I asked R4 team on the phone though... and they said they had plans to do what ahtin announced. So I would believe that over any factory.

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How many of you are actually communicating with them in Chinese? Most of what I've seen is auto-translated and if you're e-mailing them in English they may not understand correctly. The announcement could be interpreted as 'we will brick your DS', but I read it as 'we are not responsible if your crappy clone bricks your DS' which makes a lot more sense.

I've seen people on other forums stating that the R4 update WILL brick your DS. Stop doing that. We have no proof, only bad English.

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey, my English might not be on par with you guys, but I'm sure my Chinese is accurate. I speak chinese natively. The translation of the Chinese posting just means that the R4 team MAY brick your DS and they will not be responsible for it. Hack... No where in the post said that they would brick the fake R4... The new firmware will not be working with the fake R4... I personally feel it just to get people worried by adding the extra line "your DS may brick" for an added effect after the line "it will not work with fake R4".

In the second part, they had some discussion with the SC team as the SC team seem to have pissed some players and distributors off when the SC team did THE SAME thing. Did anyone had any idea what did the SC team do?

Anyway, the heading says announcement from the R4 team. Not from themselves. It may just be a miscommunication between the poster and the R4 team.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow what a good news.
I'm not gonna update my official R4 with that update unless I see thousands of people having NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with their DS.

R4 team can't even release a new firmware on time.
I don't think their September release can tell apart the real ones from the fake ones.

I wonder how many complaints DX is gonna get.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
junfeng85 said:
Hey, my English might not be on par with you guys, but I'm sure my Chinese is accurate. I speak chinese natively. The translation of the Chinese posting just means that the R4 team MAY brick your DS and they will not be responsible for it. Hack... No where in the post said that they would brick the fake R4... The new firmware will not be working with the fake R4... I personally feel it just to get people worried by adding the extra line "your DS may brick" for an added effect after the line "it will not work with fake R4".

In the second part, they had some discussion with the SC team as the SC team seem to have pissed some players and distributors off when the SC team did THE SAME thing. Did anyone had any idea what did the SC team do?

Anyway, the heading says announcement from the R4 team. Not from themselves. It may just be a miscommunication between the poster and the R4 team.

Hmmmm...... I know I can trust a Malaysian about Chinese languange

Can you post the whole translation here? Don't worry, not everyone cares about grammar, just everyone can understand will do

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Raestloz said:
junfeng85 said:

Can you post the whole translation here? Don't worry, not everyone cares about grammar, just everyone can understand will do

Its at page 19 of this thread =)

704jaffer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They haven't released a firmware update in how long? and now all they are announcing they are going to do is mess around with fakes... How about "We will start releasing firmware updates more frequently"?

Tisk tisk, tis' why I'm using an Acekard2 now

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've pretty much already decided that the R4 is out and a CycloDS EVO is in........very soon for me.

If the R4 just had SDHC support, there wouldn't be a problem, but it doesn't, so......bye-bye. Lack of consistent updates doesn't help either.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
junfeng85 said:
Raestloz said:
junfeng85 said:

I say your translation is good enough, I wonder why some people still say it will brick DSs? It says it may brick your DS

ninja_07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
It's just panicking, i agreed with the waiting a while to see if there are many complaints.

I remember this happening to another piece of hardware before, the problem was that the new software would use more power, and fakes made from bad quality materials would overheat. Can't remember what it was for off hand though.

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
junfeng85 said:
Raestloz said:
junfeng85 said:

Ah, sorry. I didn't notice your translation. Didn't mean to insult your English there.
biggrin.gif
Your translation supports the rest of my argument, though, I think.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
R4DS team are bullcrap!!! Just look at cyclopsds team.
there already thinking of chuckin in a in-game reader.
And R4DS? Go to Hell! it takes you around 2 months to make a new firmware!
Your just BullSh**.

BiscuitCookie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fgghjjkll said:
R4DS team are bullcrap!!! Just look at cyclopsds team.
there already thinking of chuckin in a in-game reader.
And R4DS? Go to Hell! it takes you around 2 months to make a new firmware!
Your just BullSh**.

okaaaaaay......
fanboy...
Tell that the R4 team not us. Unless you lack the guts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5