Not open for further replies.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I've just checked out my R4 box, and noticed that besides the fact it only has "R4 Revolution" written on it, it only shows "R4 Funcionality" instead of the "R4DS Funcionality" shown in both of these boxes:
http://s114.photobucket.com/albums/n269/kl...nt=DSCF2228.jpg

Anyone can give me a clue? In my R4 really fake (as I've suspected for some time now) or is just the packaging "different", like and older model of something?
frown.gif

EDIT: lol, just realized the packaging says "The box includes: R4, MicroSD card reader, CD (eletronic user manual)", even though there was no CD with it. =|

Ivoire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'd just like to know what cart I have. From the pictures, it doesn't look like it's a real R4.

This is the first cart I have:
R4No1-.png

This is the second cart I have:
R4No2-.png

Please help.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Mutcholoko said:
what do you think about my R4??
04-07-08_1224.jpg

(uses micro sd)
Same as mine, mutcholoko. Could you check if it has a sticker written "RIG quality" on the back?

(btw, did you also bought it from Garfi from Forum Uol? This is YukidaruPunch, I used to post there some time ago)

wynsezhello

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
almost panicked thinking my r4 is fake. its kinda hard to compare since everyone has a black r4 while i own an old version, white r4.

but it really feels unfair for people owning fake cards to brick their ds. the r4 team really sound like immature brats. who, on a bitter note, owns me.
dry.gif
dry.gif
dry.gif
dry.gif

Ivoire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if mine are fake or what they really are? I posted pictures on page 11, last post.

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look people. Looks like a lot of you bought fake R4's. From what has been asked around my distributors, the post is FAKE. Kinda like forum spam. I do not know the real reason behind it but like most people that sent out emails about "Drinking cold drinks while eating can give you a heart attack", it's just another fake.

Certainly, a lot of you bought fake R4's from the pictures, but lets not get paranoid. If it hasn't brick you DS now, it probably won't brick it later.

As for the R4 team still being alive; Well, they haven't done any updates since April, what makes you think they'll spend the time and resources to write a code to "hack" into your DS firmware (because it's write protected) to brick your DS? The answer: They won't.

This announcement really should belong in snopes.com. Seriously, if you think the R4 Team would make such a big announcement, wouldn't it get posted first thing on their official web site? Not on some message board that, until today, nobody has ever heard of. Be real people and use some common sense.

Hell, if I have 10,000 R4s to sell, and I make a post on some Hong Kong BBS, taking pics saying mine is real and others are fake, would any of you all buy from me instead?
"I am official seller of authentic R4, see my pictures!"
"Buy from me if you want real R4, see, I have pictures!"
"Mine are real, other R4 that don't look like mine are fake!"

Come to think of it, maybe I will do this and see how many idiots are out there believing everything they read anywhere.

Unless it's posted on the official R4 website, I'll take everything else with half a grain of salt!

Mutcholoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Rod,yes i bought my R4 from Garfi and it does have this 'RIG Quality' sticker on the back

its just ridiculous what R4 team is planning to do!!!some people,like me, didn't have the intention to buy a fake R4...those sellers lied to us!

they should punish those who make the fake R4 cards and sell then as original ones..

ridiculous,shameless...

Blueberryboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will not update my R4DS, becuse i dont think they have something to update...
I think nobody should risk this, if it's true that it could brick your DS.

Ivoire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about my other one? It looks waaaay different than my first. The two big chips on the back and such. Is it a fake? Or is it a different card altogether?

RyoSaeba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, now I have proof that the post is just probably a commercial from Twin Star. Their pictures actually give their stupid fake post away! Let me break it down for you:

compair1.jpg

Their stick-on logo clearly stated on the "real" box... How convenient...

compair2.jpg

Their own pictures contradicts themselves! I've circled the different parts in what they claim as "real" R4 in RED... hahaha

Buncha morons using someone elses photos.

And hahaha on any of you who believed in that announcement...

I'm gonna see if I can post this on the Chinese BBS to bust their balls...
rofl2.gif

Oh and did you notice they don't mentioned about the white 1st generation R4's that lots of people have? If you were the official R4 team doing a release, and authenticity check, wouldn't you think they put in a line saying something like "Customers having white R4 is no problems." (Engrish simulated
nyanya.gif
)... Think people, think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag