Hacking An interesting rumor about the 3DS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Gamerfan123 said:
Nintendo using sneaky protection on 3DS to track pirates, block resale, disable startup.
This is so UNFAIR!
hate2.gif
I hate it. Now, is it even possible to hack games of 3DS, plus anti-piracy has improved more.
angry.gif
These are just RUMORS. No need to get so worked up
smile.gif

HuMaNpUmPkIn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
Forgive me if I'm getting my brainwires crossed, I only just woke up, but still.
Wasn't there a ruling saying Nintendo locking out flashcarts is unethical because they're just as much for media and homebrew?

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
People getting worked up over this, just remember piracy is gift and has never been nor will be a right.
No, piracy is not a gift or anything like that...It is against the law, which is why it will never be a right. Using your hardware for whatever you want without someone destroying it is what everyone wants to be a legal right.

Seriously, this is a rumor without any source of possible evidence. The original posting even says "Rumor has it..." and provides no evidence to where this rumor may have come from. The Japanese warnings probably resulted from gonintendo's original posting. Any major site can say "Rumor has it that ________ " and tons of people will get worked up because they saw it on a big site even if the rumor is completely fake.

Rydian's first post in this topic sums it up nicely and this rumor shouldn't even be brought back up again...which is why I'll just ignore this thread from now on.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Kid1: Hey pal! Look what I found on the ground! Hmm... it's this weird card called Cyc..lo... i..E..vo ??? What the heck is that?
*puts in DSi*
Cool! A whole bunch of games!
biggrin.gif

Kid2: Hey, can I try this on my 3DS?
Kid1: Sure! It's not mine anyway!
Kid2: Clicks card in slot... BOOM.
Hey, why isn't my 3DS turning on?
*Removes iEvo*
*Attempts to switch it on again*
IT'S NOT WORKING!!! NO!!!!!

floydo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sir-Fritz said:
People getting worked up over this, just remember piracy is gift and has never been nor will be a right.

What??? Piracy isn't a gift! it's stealing! We all know it, but refuse to acknowledge this fact.

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TheTwoR's said:
Kid1: Hey pal! Look what I found on the ground! Hmm... it's this weird card called Cyc..lo... i..E..vo ??? What the heck is that?
*puts in DSi*
biggrin.gif

*Removes iEvo*
i loled at that

floydo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Surely if there was a way to remotely brick the 3DS couldn't hackers find some way to mass-brick everyones 3d's?? Scary thought. Although I have no idea about what a hacker can and can't do so don't tear me to pieces!!!

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, rumors. Just what we need for a 3DS.

What I think of the rumors?

1. Why bother trading in? You could get way more money selling it on eBay.

2. Thats unlike Nintendo, they the worst they could do is block the flashcarts, but never brick it completely, after bricking it once, no one is gonna buy another one.

3. I could see that happening.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1 and 2 are FUD (And Nintendo don't really want to have a class action against them, they can block flashcarts it's their right to protect their system, they can also void your warranty, but they can't intentionally brick your system).

Third one is possible.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The reason there is DS/DSL/DSi/DSiXL alive and kicking.. Seriously the DS games are nice to have on a new console but I think what will happen is the same as what happened with GBA games. Not that many play GBA games on a DS/DSL anymore (not saying that people don't play them, just not that much compared to DS games). 3DS for 3DS games wouldn't be that bad to imagine. As long as the games don't go for around 60€ each. I really could see that happening, but then you couldn't blame pirates for losses in game sales (if there ever is a way to run backups on the 3DS in 3DS mode). Who pays that much for handheld games, honestly? Also there is a reason second hand games can be bought
tongue.gif

-Qtis

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
floydo said:
Sir-Fritz said:

What??? Piracy isn't a gift! it's stealing! We all know it, but refuse to acknowledge this fact.
lol gift wasn't really the word i meant to use. Probably should have said something like convenience.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Rydian said:
[*]Many larger stores don't even check to see if the system boots before trade-in. Like hell will they do anything special to check hidden logs. In addition the logs could take up a lot of space, and Nintendo like to keep their systems cheap.

[*]Total bullshit, will not happen, end of story. Nintendo has no legal right to do that and would get sued out the ass.

[*]The third rumor is the only one with any credibility.
Er... can someone explain to me about wiis being blocked after the firmware update? I heard that only hacked ones were affected.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Rydian said:
[*]Many larger stores don't even check to see if the system boots before trade-in. Like hell will they do anything special to check hidden logs. In addition the logs could take up a lot of space, and Nintendo like to keep their systems cheap.

[*]Total bullshit, will not happen, end of story. Nintendo has no legal right to do that and would get sued out the ass.

Er... can someone explain to me about wiis being blocked after the firmware update? I heard that only hacked ones were affected.

That wasn't a block. the Wiis got bricked by Nintendo restoring/updating their crappy bootmii code. No it wasn't just hacked Wiis. Whoever told you it was only hacked Wiis was trying to give hackmii and other wii devs a bad rep.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
chartube12 said:
chris888222 said:
Rydian said:

That wasn't a block. the Wiis got bricked by Nintendo restoring/updating their crappy bootmii code. No it wasn't just hacked Wiis. Whoever told you it was only hacked Wiis was trying to give hackmii and other wii devs a bad rep.
oh. sorry for wrong info
frown.gif

didn't know that :x

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
aminemaster said:
TheTwoR's said:
*puts in DSi*
biggrin.gif

*Removes iEvo*
i loled at that
;P
First thing that came to mind when I saw the whole "Nintendo will brick a 3DS that has ran a flashcart".
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-