Hacking An interesting rumor about the 3DS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Nintendo could lock out features in an update based on your use of a flashcart.
That's what I think.

But they won't brick anything.

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love people who say this isn't Sony when Sony hasn't bricked shit. Okay maybe their firmware has had a bug or two but it WASN'T ON PURPOSE. Maybe it was, but there is no EVIDENCE.

Anyways, Nintendo is not like this, and they would most likely just release a new firmware update. This rumor like Rydian said would have people trying to sue left and right.

And don't the flashcarts that work on the DSi use the header information so it looks like another game? So wouldn't let's say running AK2i with a header of Mario & Luigi just show up on the report as M&L?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It more like Nintendo acting like the manner of Sony, not if they brick stuff or not.

If Nintendo became a Sony 2 they start suing left and right, up and down, and a cross like them
and other crazy stuff.
ohnoes.png
!!!

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most nintendo can do is ban an account things to that effect, bricking the 3DS is essentially breaking it, in my opinian that's vandalism of your property, you paid for it it's yours. I actually laughed when I read one of the comments
rofl2.gif

QUOTE said:
They can brick your console if they pre-warn you in ToS/User Agreement
or something to that effect, that's almost as bad as saying I can break your face and not get down if I pre-warn you about it
rofl2.gif

Nepeta

:33
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
[*]Many larger stores don't even check to see if the system boots before trade-in. Like hell will they do anything special to check hidden logs. In addition the logs could take up a lot of space, and Nintendo like to keep their systems cheap.

[*]Total bullshit, will not happen, end of story. Nintendo has no legal right to do that and would get sued out the ass.

[*]The third rumor is the only one with any credibility.

Yup. This is exactly what I said.

What were the rumors saying about PS3?
What were the rumors saying about Wii?
What were the rumors saying about 360?

Did any of it happen? I rest my case.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope that those rumors are true. Pirates need to be stop but if it isnt working then video game companies need to closed down to stop the pirates. Thats only way. Just saying.

Nepeta

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
RockmanForte said:
i hope that those rumors are true. Pirates need to be stop but if it isnt working then video game companies need to closed down to stop the pirates. Thats only way. Just saying.

Just shut up. Don't act like you haven't pirated anything in your life. And if you're a member here, you've at least used homebrew. Flashcards are also used for homebrew, so really, just shush.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt nintendo would do that....if they really wanted to be like sony and be dicks about hacking they could just attempt to sue the hackers....They are all quite well known....

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
KingVamp said:
_Chaz_ said:
johncenafan427 said:
if this does happen i will not buy the 3ds.
Because you can't steal software for it?
You keep forgetting homebrew. :/
You're right. I always seem to forget that homebrew is legal.
I can't tell if you being sarcastic. If you are, then it is legal...

Nepeta

Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Not really a problem. Trade-in nets you very little money anyways, as opposed to selling online.
2. Already known about for a long time. There's a notice on the 3DS box that says this.
3. Expected, and who cares. Many games have swear filters, and this is Nintendo after all.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
QUOTE said:
As you know, the system currently accepts curse words and other dirty language when it comes to naming things on the 3DS. It seems that an update is on the way to squash that kind of activity.

Jesus fucking Christ. If I buy a fucking god damn 3DS, it's my shit. I should be able to fucking well name anything on it to whatever the hell I want to!
smile.gif

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the name censoring only applies to anything that can be seeable when playing online...... which is pretty much everything.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
_Chaz_ said:
KingVamp said:
_Chaz_ said:
johncenafan427 said:
if this does happen i will not buy the 3ds.
Because you can't steal software for it?
You keep forgetting homebrew. :/
You're right. I always seem to forget that homebrew is legal.
I can't tell if you being sarcastic. If you are, then it is legal...
Sarcasm would only work if what you said was false.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
QUOTE said:
As you know, the system currently accepts curse words and other dirty language when it comes to naming things on the 3DS. It seems that an update is on the way to squash that kind of activity.

Jesus fucking Christ. If I buy a fucking god damn 3DS, it's my shit. I should be able to fucking well name anything on it to whatever the hell I want to!
smile.gif
Go poop on yourself.

Not everybody who uses the 3DS will be:
kids that like to use several swearwords a sentence
-or-
adults that don't have manners.

Think of how many kids and even normal people that will use the 3DS won't want swear words jumping out at them every second. (literally?)
With how connected to the internet this will be, it wouldn't make sence if they didn't prohibit swear words. Gain decency, man.

As for the other things mentioned in the rumor, I think it's possible. I won't be able to get a 3DS till the second half of the year anyways, so I guess I'll wait it out and see with my current DS system.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you...