Hacking An Error messaged popped up and told me to shut off the N3ds, now I get a black screen.. help?

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, no luck after checking the connections. Nothing was loose. I even disconnected and reconnected a few different ones, same result. I guess it times for a new 3ds. Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate the time!!

Kevin843

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this i copy and paste from another thread and it worked for me, had same problem

its probably not bricked, its more like it that you a a version of luma that is too old for firmware 11.3.

Check if you can get into hourglass9 or luma settings with start+power and select+ power.

if that is the case, then download latest luma version from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and place the arm9loaderhax.bin from the zip in the root fo your sd

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this i copy and paste from another thread and it worked for me, had same problem

its probably not bricked, its more like it that you a a version of luma that is too old for firmware 11.3.

Check if you can get into hourglass9 or luma settings with start+power and select+ power.

if that is the case, then download latest luma version from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and place the arm9loaderhax.bin from the zip in the root fo your sd
This was before 11.3. It was a hadware problem, as said before.

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait.. so is it too late if I went into recovery mode and updated the latest update already? Or can I still try this?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nevermind, I have that same version installed already. :( Thanks anyway.

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Try
Wait.. so is it too late if I went into recovery mode and updated the latest update already? Or can I still try this?

Nevermind, I have that same version installed already. :( Thanks anyway.

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No luck there either. Definitely looks like a hardware issue. Thanks though, we tried. I guess I'll save this 3ds for parts if ever needed. :)

Edit: I was researching something and I saw it mention "hardmodding." Is that a possibility?

Last edited by Savai,

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No luck there either. Definitely looks like a hardware issue. Thanks though, we tried. I guess I'll save this 3ds for parts if ever needed. :)

Edit: I was researching something and I saw it mention "hardmodding." Is that a possibility?
Hardmodding if used to make a backup or restore a NAND (like decrypt9). It will not help with a hardware fault.

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hardmodding if used to make a backup or restore a NAND (like decrypt9). It will not help with a hardware fault.

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.

Last question guys. I do have everything backed up on my pc from the SD card. IF I'm able to get another 3ds that isn't 11.3, and I install Lumas and do everything again, would I be able to copy and paste the backup stuff besides the sysnand backup and get everything I had back on the new 3ds? Like for example, all the installed CIAs, saves and whatnot?

gold lightning

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive me if I missed someone suggest this, but your issue might be a home menu management data error. Try holding L+ R + B + Down during startup and see if it prompts for a home menu reset. Alternatively, if you have luma installed to sysnand, you can try booting without the SD card in.

EDIT: disregard. I missed the part where a fresh SD card was used. This would also solve that issue.

Last edited by gold lightning,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ah, okay. Thanks for the info.

Last question guys. I do have everything backed up on my pc from the SD card. IF I'm able to get another 3ds that isn't 11.3, and I install Lumas and do everything again, would I be able to copy and paste the backup stuff besides the sysnand backup and get everything I had back on the new 3ds? Like for example, all the installed CIAs, saves and whatnot?
No unfortunately not, the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder (game installs and saves) is encrypted per console.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No unfortunately not, the contents of the Nintendo 3DS folder (game installs and saves) is encrypted per console.
But he can still recover the saves. If he know what folder is the one of "x" game, he can:
Create a new save in the new-installed game.
Save it with something like jksm.
Copy to the folder of the installed game the save from the older one.
Back it up again with jksm and then, reimport it.

This did work for me long ago, but I don't know if I am missing something else.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
But he can still recover the saves. If he know what folder is the one of "x" game, he can:
Create a new save in the new-installed game.
Save it with something like jksm.
Copy to the folder of the installed game the save from the older one.
Back it up again with jksm and then, reimport it.

This did work for me long ago, but I don't know if I am missing something else.
Only if he can access the NAND that made the saves, the saves are encrypted too.

He would have to :
1. Use JKSM on the console & NAND that made the saves to back them up unencrypted
2. Copy the JKSM to the new console
3. Use JKSM on the new console/NAND to import the saves

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...