Hacking An Error messaged popped up and told me to shut off the N3ds, now I get a black screen.. help?

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if he had ctrnand luma we can asume it may be because this two things:
1) The kids may have entered in FBI and deleted things from the nand just as OP said in his last post. That could explain why it acts like it does not have ctrnand luma. But it also would been solved just restoring a backup so...
2) As you say, it's a hadware problem. Afaik, the system looks if some hadware parts are connected before it starts the home menu, so if some of them (or only one) are broken or bad conected to the board, then the A9LH payloads will work, but it will never show up the home menu.

I may be wrong, but I wish this could help.

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that insight Bedel. Are you saying that I'm out of luck then since the sysnand backup I have isn't working?

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that insight Bedel. Are you saying that I'm out of luck then since the sysnand backup I have isn't working?
It seems so, yes. I may still be wrong, but if what I am saying is right, then it must be a hadware issue, and not software. If it would be the second type of issue, then the ctrnand transer would have solved it from the first moment, but it's not the case. So sorry.
I wish someone came and say I am wrong, for your good.

javicrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
At this point i would open the 3DS and check the connectors (its not that hard). Check some videos first and be careful with the L and R flexes

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to be sorry. I really, truly appreciate all the help I've received from everyone. It's late so I'll go to sleep and see if I can get the ctrnand transfer to possibly work tomorrow as I'll try again. And I'll also open the 3ds and check out the connectors as well.

Reactions: Bedel

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now that i'm on 9.2 with CTRNAND Transfer, is there anyway I can remove the CFW and update to get the system back to stock firmware?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is a quote from MadMageKefka on the thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-turn-cfw-to-ofw.458452/

1) Download safea9lhinstaller here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v2.6.7
2) Open your sd card on your PC
3) Rename safea9lhinstaller.bin to down_safea9lhinstaller.bin and put it on the sd card in this location: sd:/luma/payloads/down_safea9lhinstaller.bin
4) Put the SD card back into the 3ds and hold down on the d-pad BEFORE pressing the power button, and keep it held until you see safea9lhinstaller boot up.
5) Press start to uninstall a9lh.
6) Remove all files on the sd card besides the folders "Nintendo 3DS" and "DCIM."

this has a chance of bricking though, but in your case bricking might not be that big of a deal:rofl2:

let me know if this helps!

Last edited by APartOfMe,

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now that i'm on 9.2 with CTRNAND Transfer, is there anyway I can remove the CFW and update to get the system back to stock firmware?
Wait, does your 3DS show the home menu after it? If it does then you don't need to erase the CFW from it

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I don't have a home menu. It's still a black screen after going through the 9.2 transfer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this is a quote from MadMageKefka on the thread http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-turn-cfw-to-ofw.458452/

1) Download safea9lhinstaller here: https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases/tag/v2.6.7
3) Rename safea9lhinstaller.bin to down_safea9lhinstaller.bin and put it on the sd card in this location: sd:/luma/payloads/down_safea9lhinstaller.bin
4) Put the SD card back into the 3ds and hold down on the d-pad BEFORE pressing the power button, and keep it held until you see safea9lhinstaller boot up.
6) Remove all files on the sd card besides the folders "Nintendo 3DS" and "DCIM."

this has a chance of bricking though, but in your case bricking might not be that big of a deal:rofl2:

True, bricking right now wouldn't matter too much. So if I did this, does it remove the CFW and reinstall the OFW?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
No, I don't have a home menu. It's still a black screen after going through the 9.2 transfer.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

True, bricking right now wouldn't matter too much. So if I did this, does it remove the CFW and reinstall the OFW?
a9lh is not the problem here

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yay me! Lol.

But yea, you don't need to uninstall a9lh.

Reactions: APartOfMe

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Worst part is, even if it is the hardware failure, and not much time has passed since you bought it, your warranty is voided bc you installed some ''Illegal Modifications That Will Render Your System Unplayable'', at least that's what Nintendo calls it, for all we know, maybe your kids thought ''Oh, i wonder what would happen if we hex'd Dad's Nand backup''.
''Hey kids, did you hex my Nand backup?, because my 3ds is giving me an error... oh well, i'll ask for help on GBATemp''.

Savai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst part is, even if it is the hardware failure, and not much time has passed since you bought it, your warranty is voided bc you installed some ''Illegal Modifications That Will Render Your System Unplayable'', at least that's what Nintendo calls it, for all we know, maybe your kids thought ''Oh, i wonder what would happen if we hex'd Dad's Nand backup''.
''Hey kids, did you hex my Nand backup?, because my 3ds is giving me an error... oh well, i'll ask for help on GBATemp''.

Yeah, if my kids were able to do that on purpose, I'd actually be impressed lol. I'm going to check the connections and if nothing else, I'll have to buy a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021