• Thread starter Arbazkool
  • Start date
  • Views 7,856
  • Replies 26
D

Deleted User

OP
Huh.

Time to call Nintendo and act as if I did nothing wrong (because its covered by warrenty ;) )

D

Deleted-236924

OP
Did you have homemenuhax installed? The payloads from 10.3 don't work on 9.2 and cause a black screen on boot.
Incorrect. Menuhax on 10.2-10.3 relies on theme shuffle which doesn't exist on 9.2
It is a problem if you were on 9.3-10.1 but downgrading from 10.2-10.3 to 9.2, it would not be a problem.

Captain Skank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to know this, too. I've got way too much downloaded stuff to have to go and format.

Something left over from newer updates is obviously preventing the Home Menu from booting upon downgrading. Time to go digging. :V
I have the same problem, so I've tried looking through the update history. There have only officially been 2 non-stability updates:

Main changes for version 9.6.0-24U

Update released: March 23rd, 2015

• A Home Menu Layout setting has been added to HOME Menu Settings. Users can save and load up to 8 layouts of the HOME Menu with different theme and software icon arrangements
  • Additional categories have been added to the Theme Shop under “View More” for easier navigation
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, and Nintendo 2DS Systems Only:
  • amiibo Settings has been added to HOME Menu Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo*
    *This feature will require a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015
Main changes for version 9.3.0-21U

Update released: December 8th, 2014

• A Shuffle Favorites feature has been added under Change Theme in HOME Menu Settings. Users can choose multiple themes and have their theme change when the system is left in Sleep Mode from the HOME Menu or turned on after being off
  • Available software updates can now be downloaded from the HOME Menu
  • Users can now capture screenshots with both the upper and lower screens included
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

New Nintendo 3DS XL Systems Only:
  • amiibo Settings has been added to HOME Menu Settings. amiibo Settings allows users to register an amiibo owner and nickname, delete data written to an amiibo by supported software, or reset an amiibo*
    *This feature will require a peripheral device scheduled to launch in 2015
The only things that maybe jump out at me are the home menu layouts (which I don't remember ever messing with) and updates directly from the home menu. I'm not sure which of these new features are stored on the sysNAND, but I'd gone and purged things like Street Passes (apparently my Mii Plaza had three sets of visitors waiting for me) and even tried copying my one DSiware game to the SD card. This didn't help. I'll keep looking, however futile it may be.

Last edited by Captain Skank,

axemurderer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
15+ softbricks for me. I lost count. I know formatting is the only solution right now but I don't want to lose any data - yes, there's unrecoverable data. Streetpass is an example. I'm waiting on Gateway for this one.

The Raziel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
SAme here, downgraded and now black screen with "an error has occured"....and if i try uppgrading in recovery mode after connecting to the internet it just says an error has occured, impossible to upgrade....what can i try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work