Homebrew an emulator that can your.NDS files on the 3D Homebrew thing

Konekogirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all games work. Did you set Mario Kat DS to be the donor ROM?
no idea what that is i am looking up instructions
I got a japanese game Rosario to vampire, Final Fantasy III, IV, 2 crystal chronical games, Pokemon black 2 and white 2, Inuyasha secrets, final fantasy tactics A2, final fantasy hour heroes

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a japanese game Rosario to vampire, Final Fantasy III, IV, 2 crystal chronical games, Pokemon black 2 and white 2, Inuyasha secrets, final fantasy tactics A2, final fantasy hour heroes
There should be a compatibility list somewhere in the TWLoader thread. Look at that before you waste time trying to find games that work. Like I said, not all games work yet.

Konekogirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got like 2 games on the green list but those two games loaded white so we'll see I am trying to run my flastcart through it too seeing if I can get it run that way.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got like 2 games on the green list but those two games loaded white so we'll see I am trying to run my flastcart through it too seeing if I can get it run that way.
You may need to format your SD card (not the flashcard's) to FAT32 with 32kb cluster size.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know of a good install to use from say FBI or something. my flash card can't convert back I am having problems with it reading my eds xl and the company said it was broken. but I used to hack the 3ds.

Any info is kewl sorry if this is obvious but I can be really air headed sometimes.
your only choices are TWLoader though it does not have a lot of compatible games or a flashcard I use the R4i Gold 3DS RTS

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only game on your list that currently loads and boot from the SD card using twloader is FF III and it is not very playable, check the next compatibility list, also remember to have an US Mario Kart DS ROM among your other ROMS, while on twloader press select while MKDS is selected and press set as donor ROM.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co/edit#gid=0

Last edited by lordkaos,

Konekogirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I did the mario kart donor and I got some of the games to work that said they can't work.. though ff3 is giving me problems.. But it worked after restarting/

OHH maybe I didn't format the flashcart correctly I didn't change the allocation size! THANK YOU GUYS!! OMG you guys are so helpful!

will post with more info.

Games I got Working:
FF3 (on list)
Inuyasha Secret of the Divine Jewel (on list)

Note these last 3 have to run the unofficial bootstrap (in TWLoader) otherwise they won't run.
Final Fantasy Fables - Chocobo Tales
Rosario + Vampire (Eng Translation) Its a little glitchy but works well enough once in game perfectly - gotten from -A site that has that content- (please don't write download sites /Issac)

That looks like it from my list. Surprised of them actually did work.

I am going to try formating the flashcart like you said. will let you know what happens, Thanks for the help guys so much.

Last edited by Issac,

Konekogirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do I put the roms in the root directory of the R4i gold rts? or do I need to put them in like a roms/ or games/ directory?

Konekogirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I formated it to fat32 and 32k allocated space.. still a black screen. I am wondering if it the launcher.bin thats on the 3ds is wrong. I am using the newest kernel which is 1.64 wood.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I formated it to fat32 and 32k allocated space.. still a black screen. I am wondering if it the launcher.bin thats on the 3ds is wrong. I am using the newest kernel which is 1.64 wood.
It's r4ids.cn right? If so you should be able to boot it from the homemenu with CFW.

Konekogirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's r4ids.cn right? If so you should be able to boot it from the homemenu with CFW.

Ya its a r4i rts 3ds

R4I3DSRTS__51965_zoom.jpg

maybe its a wrong cart? but it should still boot to a menu.. but it doesn't.

Where do I boot it from homebrew launcher I take it?

I am trying the H2Test on the r4i memory card as we speak too.
Results came up:
Warning: Only 3814 of 3815 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 9.61 MByte/s
Reading speed: 19.5 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Though I can't remember if I had to use A5, A6, Or A7 example: R4i_Gold_3DS_(HW_A6)-Flashrom (I can't remember where I got it from) when I used the A5 I got a log file th at popped on my 3ds main sd card.

Attachments

• ntrboot.txt
    182 bytes · Views: 129
Last edited by Konekogirl,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya its a r4i rts 3ds

View attachment 104836
maybe its a wrong cart? but it should still boot to a menu.. but it doesn't.

Where do I boot it from homebrew launcher I take it?

I am trying the H2Test on the r4i memory card as we speak too.
Results came up:
Warning: Only 3814 of 3815 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 9.61 MByte/s
Reading speed: 19.5 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Though I can't remember if I had to use A5, A6, Or A7 example: R4i_Gold_3DS_(HW_A6)-Flashrom (I can't remember where I got it from) when I used the A5 I got a log file th at popped on my 3ds main sd card.
Are you able to boot it directly from the homemenu? If you can't try restoring a pre-NTRBOOT backup.

Konekogirl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you able to boot it directly from the homemenu? If you can't try restoring a pre-NTRBOOT backup.
It shows up as an icon in the main menu where the game carts are when I click it thats when it goes to a flashed white screen then turns to a black screen and just sits there forever.

I found one that has two dir:

ak2i_81
r4iDS.cn

I am not just sure what to do with these files in those directories.

Backup_clean.bin Backup_patched.bin

Last edited by Konekogirl,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.