Amazon Outs God Of War Master Collection

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sony looks set to release a mammoth God of War Master Collection for PlayStation 3, if a listing on Amazon Germany is to be believed.

Supposedly due out on September 16, the Master Collection bundles all PS3 and PSP games together in a single package – that's God of War, God of War II, God of War III, Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta.

Sony seems quite keen on packaging the God of War games together as of late. Last year, it gave God of War I & II a HD makeover and released it on PS3 as the God of War Collection, and plans on giving the PSP titles the same treatment later this year with the God of War Origins Collection.

We’ll keep you posted on any developments.[/p]

Source

TL;DR READ IT LAZY ASS

I've never actually played any games in this series and if this turns out to be true and isn't too expensive then I might pick it up at some point.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
ha wow! this will probably be the first game to beat the ff13 40gb mark

Depending on the size of God of War 3, I don't think so. The other two GoW games are probably a DVD (4.7GB) and the two PSP games are a UMD (1.7GB). Combined they're like roughly 14GB, plus whatever God of War 3 is.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Guild McCommunist said:
shakirmoledina said:
ha wow! this will probably be the first game to beat the ff13 40gb mark

Depending on the size of God of War 3, I don't think so. The other two GoW games are probably a DVD (4.7GB) and the two PSP games are a UMD (1.7GB). Combined they're like roughly 14GB, plus whatever God of War 3 is.
I've never played a God of War game before but if they use the same engine for all games, then that will keep size down.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
_Chaz_ said:
Wasn't this title all but confirmed for like a year now?
No.
There's been the God of War HD collection which included the PS2 games, and the one with the PSP titles only.
This includes all five games.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
bladepwnedyou said:
Surprises me they haven't done the same for their Kingdom Hearts games, they already have enough of them out there.
Erm
God of War = Santa Monica (Sony)
Kingdom Hearts = Square Enix.

Plus there is three (one upcoming) Kingdom Heart games for Nintendo systems

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Everything for the PS3 right?
Thats sweet
smile.gif
I got GOW3, I will trade it in and get the whole collection later instead.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
First, awesome series. If you haven't played any of it and are able, get off your ass and do whatever you need to do to play it. It has a fantastic story seated in Greek mythology, and every game is canon to the series, even if it may not seem like it at first. The game play is very polished and addictive, even in the first title (though of course, the first is the most rocky overall, but still excellent).

Second, the two PSP games are being, well, basically redone for the PS3. They couldn't simply port them, as I have a feeling that GoW PSP wouldn't look too great stretched out on a 42 inch television. They are enhanced ports/kind of almost remakes. They're changing things to make the two PSP titles play a lot like the PS2/PS3 titles when put onto the PS3. Otherwise they would have released the two pack of games awhile ago.

Third, I question the overall legitimacy of this. They already have a God of War I+II pack for $20, GoW 3 for about $35 to $40 (maybe lower, can't be bothered to check the price right now), and then the GoW Chains of Olympus + Ghost of Sparta twofer which will likely go for $20 to $40 (once again, can't be bothered to check). If they were to release a master collection for something like $60, lots of people would rage seeing as they would have easily spent more than that buying their collection of games that really, isn't even all that old yet.

In the long run, I would expect it to retail for around $90, if it is real.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nathan Drake said:
First, awesome series. If you haven't played any of it and are able, get off your ass and do whatever you need to do to play it. It has a fantastic story seated in Greek mythology, and every game is canon to the series, even if it may not seem like it at first. The game play is very polished and addictive, even in the first title (though of course, the first is the most rocky overall, but still excellent).

Second, the two PSP games are being, well, basically redone for the PS3. They couldn't simply port them, as I have a feeling that GoW PSP wouldn't look too great stretched out on a 42 inch television. They are enhanced ports/kind of almost remakes. They're changing things to make the two PSP titles play a lot like the PS2/PS3 titles when put onto the PS3. Otherwise they would have released the two pack of games awhile ago.

Third, I question the overall legitimacy of this. They already have a God of War I+II pack for $20, GoW 3 for about $35 to $40 (maybe lower, can't be bothered to check the price right now), and then the GoW Chains of Olympus + Ghost of Sparta twofer which will likely go for $20 to $40 (once again, can't be bothered to check). If they were to release a master collection for something like $60, lots of people would rage seeing as they would have easily spent more than that buying their collection of games that really, isn't even all that old yet.

In the long run, I would expect it to retail for around $90, if it is real.
WOAH $90 sounds A LOT. Classic/Platinum are never sold for too much, but it is a collection of a lot of games.. so you could be right.

steveo1978

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
I wonder how those PSP titles will look on PS3 though.

Discover the origins of Kratos with the definitive compilation of God of War: Chains of Olympus and God of War: Ghost of Sparta on a single Blu-ray disc for the very first time! Fully remastered in high-definition 720p and stereoscopic 3-D, players will discover the dark past that continues to haunt the Spartan Warrior, and why he is forced to choose between his own personal redemption and saving the ancient world from destruction

Two epic adventures on a single Blu-Ray Disc
Remastered for HD Resolution
Full 3D Support
Full PlayStation® Network Trophy Support
Dual Shock Compatible
Included Bonus Content
DLC contents from GOW Ghost of Sparta (Legionnaire Kratos & Forest of the Forgotten)
Video - God of War: Game Directors Live

FROM: http://www.ebgames.com/ps3/games/god-of-wa...ollection/91461

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1