Hacking Am I gonna get banned if I Mod my switch

Awesomekid956000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't plan to pirate games, but I wanna actually back up my games saves, and other things. Am I gonna get banned by that alone? Idk how Nintendo goes about handing bans.

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi.
Running any CFW, homebrew, unsigned code or whatever else not licensed by Nintendo will flag your console, and will eventually lead to a ban.
If your console is not yet banned I would highly advise you to set up emuNAND. That way you can have a clean sysNAND for online play whilst having an emuNAND for CFW homebrew needs.
there's plenty of well-written guide in the tutorials section. Be sure to check them out!
Got any more questions regarding bans? Have a look at this thread.

A3660537JPN

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You are not likely banned just because you use CFW or homebrew.
You can go to online safely even with the latest Atmosphere.
The most important thing is ,you will get banned as soon as using the Internet after installing any nsp.
By the way, if you use Emunand ,you should use https://gbatemp.net/threads/incognito.531924/ so that you can go to online without getting banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Even if you back up games saves or anything else,you will not get banned.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The most important thing is ,you will get banned as soon as using the Internet after installing any nsp.
By the way, if you use Emunand ,you should use https://gbatemp.net/threads/incognito.531924/ so that you can go to online without getting banned.

Are we sure this incognito is safe? I remember someone, Sciresm maybe, saying that deleting the personal datas it's a suspicious thing itself and can lead to a ban.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No you can't just go online safely with any cfw unless you're using a properly set up emunand (which is technically not even 100% safe)
If you go online/connect to nintendos server with cfw there is risk. There are things like 90DNS and Incognito, but they're not concrete either (especially since nintendo can look at the code to these things themselves)
More than just installing nsps can result in bans

Reactions: NoNAND

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
No you can't just go online safely with any cfw unless you're using a properly set up emunand (which is technically not even 100% safe)
If you go online/connect to nintendos server with cfw there is risk. There are things like 90DNS and Incognito, but they're not concrete either (especially since nintendo can look at the code to these things themselves)
More than just installing nsps can result in bans
So in a nutshell. stay offline in CFW if you've at least ran CFW once, unless you have made a NAND backup prior to running CFW on the switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)