ROM Hack Discussion Alliance alive hd save editing

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I first tried edizon to edit doing a ram search money was easy enough to find but can't use it to find talent points game seems to combine them if that helps anyone wanting to create cheat codes. I have had a go at save editing i used checkpoint to backup save then transferred to pc then open with a hex editor the location of money is offset 0x08 it's in little endian. I couldn't find individual talent points but found combined talent points which starts at offset 0x6A. You can write talents starting from 0x06A it will give you points up to 260 million so it might be best just to write from 0x6B instead so just change 0x6B,0x6C and 0x6D. If you don't understand offset when you click on something in hex editor bottom left corner tell you where your cursor is. 0x08 is the top first line and 8 across bottom of screen will display as offset 08.

Last edited by Pj1980,

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
heres the offsets for where arts are if you start from the offset address and change next 440 bytes to FF it will unlock the arts and max the position levels attack, guard and support for each of them. you might have to go in to the menu before you use the unlocked arts you have to seal and unseal this might be because you haven unlocked them from battle but sealing and unsealing unlocks them properly, i know which arts section belong to galil, renzo, rachel and shiki at moment.
0x9f0 - 0xe2f galil
0xeb0 - 0x12ef renzo
0x1370 - 0x17af
0x1830 - 0x1c6f
0x1doo - 0x212f
0x21b0 - 0x25ef rachel
0x2670 - 0x2aaf vivian
0x2b30 - 0x2f6f ignace
0x2ff0 - 0x342f
0x34b0 - 0x38ef shiki
0x3970 - 0x3daf
0x3e30 - 0x426f

I found health and sp for galil and renzo
galil health 0x9cc/0x9cd sp 0x9ce/0x9cf
renzo health 0xe8e/0xe8f sp 0xe90/0xe91

Last edited by Pj1980,
Reactions: velvetmxo

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
an example galil arts section start at 000009F0 and end at 00000E2F the length between these points is 440 bytes (in hex). the offsets without names belong to the other characters i haven't match everyone arts section to who they belong to. if you want to edit specific character there a trick i worked out make a save then remove the characters equipment make a different save compare them in hex editor when you find a part with all 00s in the save you removed equipment thats the character you remove all there equipment area you can try working out from that part where there sp and health is.

Last edited by Pj1980,

velvetmxo

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
an example galil arts section start at 000009F0 and end at 00000E2F the length between these points is 440 bytes (in hex). the offsets without names belong to the other characters i haven't match everyone arts section to who they belong to. if you want to edit specific character there a trick i worked out make a save then remove the characters equipment make a different save compare them in hex editor when you find a part with all 00s in the save you removed equipment thats the character you remove all there equipment area you can try working out from that part where there sp and health is.
if I edit the 440 bytes of the unnamed offsets will that break the save or it should be fine until I acquire those characters. thank you for replying. one last question with the health and SP. Do you know the max health and SP values that can or should be set with out corrupting the save?

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i suppose you should only edit the characters you have all happens is when you do get a new character they will have skills unlocked. in game after editing health the max was 1024 and sp was 127 i just change them both to FF but the values in game don't make sense example while trying to work out how to edit number of items i tried it on one item i had 99 of a items in save it said 8C i sold one the value changed to 88.

Last edited by Pj1980,

velvetmxo

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i suppose you should only edit the characters you have all happens is when you do get a new character they will have skills unlocked. in game after editing health the max was 1024 and sp was 127 i just change them both to FF but the values in game don't make sense example while trying to work out how to edit number of items i tried it on one item i had 99 of a items in save it said 8C i sold one the value changed to 88.
oh ok that makes sense. thank you

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
heres a edizon config file you need to unzip it and put in /EdiZon/editor. at moment i done codes for talent points and money. the thing with money is the save seems to use half bytes for the values example 0f27 is 999 but game will display it like 00 f2 70 this just means when you use the config file i made the values for money wont look same as what you got in game but when you edit to max you will get max money. also money for chapter 1 to 6 is separate from chapter 7 onwards because your playing with a different party of characters at this point i expect it will all combine later in story so that why there 2 cheats for money. Health seems easy enough to find now that I work out how the game writes the values so if I was looking for a character that health is 25 in game I would be searching for in hex 19 but it might not be 00 19 00 it could be 01 90 00. Also sp comes straight after health if you want to edit that.

Attachments

• 01003CF00DCFA000.zip
    422 bytes · Views: 483
Last edited by Pj1980,

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
because in different chapters of game you play as different groups of people there multiple locations for money (sol) and chaosium gems for those groups they do combine later in game.
0x5A86 ch 1-6 money
0x5A81 ch 7-10 money
0x5a83 ch11 - money
0x05f9 -0x05fa gems (works around chapter 16 dont know if it will work in earlier or later chapters)

galil health/sp 0x09cc-0x09cf
renzo health/sp 0x0e8e-0x0e91
vivian health/sp 0x2654-0x2657
ignace health/sp 0x2b16-0x2b19
rachel health/sp 0x2195-0x2198
gene health/sp 0x1350- 0x1353

the offsets should be right but save writes the values in half bytes ie the end of one byte and beginning of next byte is value that needs editing instead of FF 00 its 0F F0

velvetmxo

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
heres a edizon config file you need to unzip it and put in /EdiZon/editor. at moment i done codes for talent points and money. the thing with money is the save seems to use half bytes for the values example 0f27 is 999 but game will display it like 00 f2 70 this just means when you use the config file i made the values for money wont look same as what you got in game but when you edit to max you will get max money. also money for chapter 1 to 6 is separate from chapter 7 onwards because your playing with a different party of characters at this point i expect it will all combine later in story so that why there 2 cheats for money. Health seems easy enough to find now that I work out how the game writes the values so if I was looking for a character that health is 25 in game I would be searching for in hex 19 but it might not be 00 19 00 it could be 01 90 00. Also sp comes straight after health if you want to edit that.
disregard I figured it out

Last edited by velvetmxo,

GamingSwitchPenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I first tried edizon to edit doing a ram search money was easy enough to find but can't use it to find talent points game seems to combine them if that helps anyone wanting to create cheat codes. I have had a go at save editing i used checkpoint to backup save then transferred to pc then open with a hex editor the location of money is offset 0x08 it's in little endian. I couldn't find individual talent points but found combined talent points which starts at offset 0x6A. Money in game max is 999999 so just change the values starting from 0x08 to 23420f while you can write talents starting from 0x6A it will give you points up to 260 million so it might be best just to write from 0x6B instead so just change 0x6B,0x6C and 0x6D. If you don't understand offset when you click on something in hex editor bottom left corner tell you where your cursor is. 0x08 is the top first line and 8 across bottom of screen will display as offset 08.

I had to struggle to find my money with these instruction. And the EdiZon script puts me on a map where my characters cant move and the models are gone...
And editing the money for me shows the value in the save file but not in game.

Last edited by GamingSwitchPenguin,

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wrote first post after ram editing I thought that was money location in save because it was same number as in game. money is further down but there three possible places it stored depending on chapter. Money easy enough to search for by ram editing just look at how much money you got then go into edizon press y do a search you will find loads of results go back into game buy something to lower money then back into edizon search for new value you should have one result edit this.

Last edited by Pj1980,

GamingSwitchPenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote first post after ram editing I thought that was money location in save because it was same number as in game. money is further down but there three possible places it stored depending on chapter. Money easy enough to search for by ram editing just look at how much money you got then go into edizon press y do a search you will find loads of results go back into game buy something to lower money then back into edizon search for new value you should have one result edit this.
For me, it's not working at all. Edizon wont even find my initial money value (462sol). I don't even know which section to search in, but I have searched all of them and Edizon will not find the value.

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know then you can search using u16 or u32. Are you doing a new search each time because you need to do a first search then change money in game then search the results of first search with the new value. If you use a hex editor on a backed up save you would have to search for 01CE that's 462 it might be reversed so it would be CE01 but the game as strange way of storing it usually you would search for CE 01 but in this game it like 0C E0 10.

Last edited by Pj1980,

jeniCH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't know then you can search using u16 or u32. Are you doing a new search each time because you need to do a first search then change money in game then search the results of first search with the new value. If you use a hex editor on a backed up save you would have to search for 01CE that's 462 it might be reversed so it would be CE01 but the game as strange way of storing it usually you would search for CE 01 but in this game it like 0C E0 10.
I'm sorry if my English is wrong.
Although i can search for money with sxos, i cannot search for talent.
Search for talent points
2700(A8C),2600(A28),2500(9C4)→no results 
Do you understand why?

Pj1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sorry if my English is wrong.
Although i can search for money with sxos, i cannot search for talent.
Search for talent points
2700(A8C),2600(A28),2500(9C4)→no results 
Do you understand why?
Talent points are combined you just have to edit 0x06A and everyone talent points will be edited. I don't know if there differences between saves based on region I live in UK so my save is EU but there usually no difference with US saves.

jeniCH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Talent points are combined you just have to edit 0x06A and everyone talent points will be edited. I don't know if there differences between saves based on region I live in UK so my save is EU but there usually no difference with US saves.

Sorry for the late reply, but the talent points could be changed. Thank you!

Reactions: Supreme23

bipi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry for the dumb question, how do I edit 0x06A with an hex editor?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry for the dumb question, how do I edit 0x06A? Using an hex editor?

Reactions: Supreme23

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night