pnice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks to noobwarrior7 for posting this thread and the info. I've been playing backups with the softmod for a while and just ran into my first two games that gave me the "disk read error" tonight. It was Cod:WaW and Shaun White Snowboarding. I've played through about 25-30 other backups prior to this and they all worked fine for me. These were the first two that did not work.

All I did was follow your steps and install 1-8 (I already had 6 though) and tried Cod:WaW using the .3 gamma loader and it went past the disk error screen and straight into the game. Didn't even have to edit options. Crazy but thanks a million.

EDIT.... this morning I decided to give We Ski a try again (one of the first games I backed up to test out) and it works now as well. It always gave me a disk read error before following your guide. Something in the guide you offer fixes something I never updated I guess. Thanks again for your help.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stupid.... damn rules to remove download links for wads can anyone PM them to me 1-8? thanks and i don't care if i get moded...

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the delay on V4 everyone, I have a very nasty trojan taking up my time, a relentless "virtumonde" infection, that nothing seems to be able to tackle....I may very well have to format my system. any suggestions welcome, I've already tried the specially-made virtumonde solutions I could find...no luck, the bitch just keeps recreating itself.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
noobwarrior7 said:
sorry for the delay on V4 everyone, I have a very nasty trojan taking up my time, a relentless "virtumonde" infection, that nothing seems to be able to tackle....I may very well have to format my system. any suggestions welcome, I've already tried the specially-made virtumonde solutions I could find...no luck, the bitch just keeps recreating itself.

happened to me 3 weeks ago , no luck but to backup my files and reformat , but it was good cause I installed VMware Vista Ultimate in Ubuntu 8.10 and man it's a bless for coding
wink.gif

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I had a newer variation....I went into safe mode a half-dozen times, manually deleted some reg keys, some files, some BHO's, then finally ran combofix just to be sure, and I was FINALLY all better

vaelek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You ROCK! (hopefully)

I have been trying EOC's guide for about 2 days now and no matter what I could not get any further than installing cIOS 16. I loaded up your pack and the cIOS fix installed without a hitch. the IOS249 failed (-1037) but it is still there from my last round at this a few months ago.

I only have GH3 burned to test, and it sits on a black screen flashing dvd read error every so often. Though I found that GH3 uncustomized is not confirmed to be working so I am dumping GH World Tour currently and will try that later...

*Crosses fingers 'till they bleed*

If this works, you da MAN. if not, I may try the downgrader now that I have the cIOS fix installed finally.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GH customs and 1:1 do have some read errors all the time, even on some chips; hopefully since the advent of "The GHOST" that won't happen as much for customs anymore.....

as for what you said, this cIOS_fix is installed to 247 and will do you no good for what you are talking about, you still have something installed at 249 (like you said) not from my pack, which is what IOS downgrader will always try to use (it looks for whatever IOS249 is).

allow me to give you some extra direction,
go ahead and use IOS Downgrader (not cIOS) 1.0 (it should work fine),
THEN use anytitle deleter to delete your IOS249, then go back following my instructions and try to install that 249 from my pack....that should get everything working for you.

afterwards your system will look like this internally:
-all my launcher channels
-all the cIOS you need for this package to be most updated
-all your older IOS's that enable all homebrew
-BUT still showing whatever system menu version you were on when you did this

then, later is you want to change the sysmenu to the right thing,
you can use AnyRegion Changer 1.1b or cIOS Downgrader to get on 3.2 and install starfall (if you want).

I'm sorry you have to do some legwork, but the good news is you can skip the steps involving IOS16, since you already have a cIOS installed at 249 (it doesn't have to be cIOS_fix, which may be what let to your initial confusion, any currently available cIOS as long as it is placed at 249 will function with IOS downgrader 1.0)

PS: as of version 4, the pack will be titled "The Backup Suite 4.0" and should be referred to as TBS in any thread besides this one to clarify what pack (mine in that case) you are having trouble with, calling it "noobs pack" is simply not clear enough to folks unfamiliar with it.

TBS3, TBS4 or just TBS, but use that, for this, "The Backup Suite"

CIJC

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Great job noob !! thats excellent - ill have a play about with some of that today ..... i think i need another wii again to play with - servers me right for giving away the last one.

*edit* Just had a quick look at the files - DAMN u made all of this easy !!!

If someone has any issues getting this installed they need to do the following :

1. Disconnect the Sensor Bar
2. Disconnect the Connections into the TV
3. Disconnect the power
4. Take the batteries out of the wii remote
5. Wrap up all of the cables
6. Put everything back into the box
7. Go back to the gamestore and ask for a refund because your too stupid to have a wii.

dont be harsh on the n00bs ;P they might get confused about ios 16 etc. if they are on 3.4 lol but lets let them work it out
smile.gif

Hazz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get a pm that tells me where I can get the set of wads or a link for download? Thanks!

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
boot.dol is regular wad manager, boot.mod can be renamed to boot.dol if needed, as it is the custom wad manager that update folks need.

what version....hmmmm? someone else who's run it feel like telling us, I usually only use my trusty 1.1 on my sd card.

AAlcoholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, newbie here, stuck
unsure.gif

US Wii 3.2U firmware, haven't done a thing to it.

Got the Twilight Hack working (RZDE2 renamed properly), and when I talk to the guy / walk backwards, it does indeed go to the DOS-like screen, but it doesn't load the boot.dol.

Says "error -1 elf not found" (something like that anyhow)
Then "Found dol?"
Then "Loading binary.."

It hangs there, no wad manager.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW- Been lurking these boards for a while, trying to get up the courage to try this; you folks know your stuff, thanks to noob for making an easy package for me (hopefully i can get it going).

AAlcoholic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AAlcoholic said:
Hello, newbie here, stuck
unsure.gif

US Wii 3.2U firmware, haven't done a thing to it.

Got the Twilight Hack working (RZDE2 renamed properly), and when I talk to the guy / walk backwards, it does indeed go to the DOS-like screen, but it doesn't load the boot.dol.

Says "error -1 elf not found" (something like that anyhow)
Then "Found dol?"
Then "Loading binary.."

It hangs there, no wad manager.

What am I doing wrong?

BTW- Been lurking these boards for a while, trying to get up the courage to try this; you folks know your stuff, thanks to noob for making an easy package for me (hopefully i can get it going).

Never mind. I figured it out, needed to use a more updated version of Twilight hack (the twilight hack tut linked to in main post points to old alpha version, which didn't work for me). Yay, thx for the great pack noob!
biggrin.gif

Straymuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the incredibly simple guide noobwarrior7.
Got my Wii the other day and had homebrew channel and backup launcher installed in less than 10 mins!

Just one question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere...
Now that I have the backup launcher and hbc installed is it possible to still use the shopping channel?
I'm running 3.3E and when I click on the shopping channel it tells me to update which I haven't done so far for obvious reasons. Is the shop a no go, or is there a way to use it whilst still having the joy that is hbc and backup launcher?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Straymuffin said:
Thanks for the incredibly simple guide noobwarrior7.
Got my Wii the other day and had homebrew channel and backup launcher installed in less than 10 mins!

Just one question that I can't seem to find the answer to anywhere...
Now that I have the backup launcher and hbc installed is it possible to still use the shopping channel?
I'm running 3.3E and when I click on the shopping channel it tells me to update which I haven't done so far for obvious reasons. Is the shop a no go, or is there a way to use it whilst still having the joy that is hbc and backup launcher?

there is a DOL file in my zip called Safe Update ... i think noob has it as well that updates the shop channel and adds ios55 to your system which allows you to use the shop channel without updating ... its pretty simple but may need to be run a few times as it downloads the files through wireless and can error from time to time

yojanp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was on 3.2E and then i used the safe update of 3.3E and said yes to install channel but when i went to wii settings to check it stil said 3.2E

elvis24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think thats right, it keeps you in 3.2 so you can use starfall to help brick proof everything and also add the functionality of 3.3 like shop channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...