Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Just tried the "old" pack on an unmodded, new-since-brawl PAL wii, and it works without a hitch, most of my technophobe friends I'll use as further guinea pigs would thank you if they had enough brains to sign up!

ccb0x45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

Great pack btw... I just have a couple questions(I installed v1, I didnt install v2)

I already had backup launcher 0.3 installed, I wanted 0.1 support too so I used anytitle remove, removed 249 and 247, then went through your install process.

Backup Launcher 0.3 still works perfect, but backup launcher 0.1 always says: Cant Identify Disk(but it says it in a way where the letters are over written each other), and Softmod never seems to work, sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it spits out some text then does nothing.

Is Backup launcher giving me that message because I have it installed incorrectly, or because the game isn't patched, or for some other reason? I wanna play shaun white and cod5, please help!

thanks

Posts merged

Oh, and to the guy on the mac using unarchiver, its a bug with unarchiver that is making it not open, use stuffit expander or zipeg and it will work.

btw does anyone know of a linux tool for brickblocking and patching?

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ccb0x45 said:
Hey,

Great pack btw... I just have a couple questions(I installed v1, I didnt install v2)

I already had backup launcher 0.3 installed, I wanted 0.1 support too so I used anytitle remove, removed 249 and 247, then went through your install process.

Backup Launcher 0.3 still works perfect, but backup launcher 0.1 always says: Cant Identify Disk(but it says it in a way where the letters are over written each other), and Softmod never seems to work, sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it spits out some text then does nothing.

Is Backup launcher giving me that message because I have it installed incorrectly, or because the game isn't patched, or for some other reason? I wanna play shaun white and cod5, please help!

thanks

Posts merged

Oh, and to the guy on the mac using unarchiver, its a bug with unarchiver that is making it not open, use stuffit expander or zipeg and it will work.

btw does anyone know of a linux tool for brickblocking and patching?

for launcher 0.1, your discs must be decrypted....(patched)....for softchip, they are real copies, but I think you must have a SD card plugged into the wii. try those things, check the first post for common problems.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Man this pak is simply amazing thanks ever so much
smile.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Xeijin said:
Might want to correct this in the first post (unless it was intentional?)

DO NOT ASK FOR IOS16
I ABSOLUTELY WILL PROVIDE IT, PERIOD.

Oops - sorry i misread your post as well ... hehe - sorry

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
Xeijin said:
Might want to correct this in the first post (unless it was intentional?)

DO NOT ASK FOR IOS16
I ABSOLUTELY WILL PROVIDE IT, PERIOD.

Oops - sorry i misread your post as well ... hehe - sorry

does your hehe mean you figured out a secret? cuz there is a secret to figure out.

h0ffman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just ran the installer on a Wii with system v2.1E and all went on fine. All the channels appear, but when ever I launch the backup loader channels, they just stop on a black screen and the Wii has to be switched off and on again. Is the system version causing the problem?

Any help would be great.

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
h0ffman said:
I just ran the installer on a Wii with system v2.1E and all went on fine. All the channels appear, but when ever I launch the backup loader channels, they just stop on a black screen and the Wii has to be switched off and on again. Is the system version causing the problem?

Any help would be great.

wow.....2.1?? I'd say you definitely need an update, even the newest one would be fine, but I'd just put in a legit Mario Galaxy, Metroid, or something and try to get on or near 3.2

h0ffman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
h0ffman said:

Any help would be great.

wow.....2.1?? I'd say you definitely need an update, even the newest one would be fine, but I'd just put in a legit Mario Galaxy, Metroid, or something and try to get on or near 3.2

Does the latest firmware simply block the twilight hack? If so, then I just need to install a .elf or .dol launcher channel to make sure I dont get stuck right?

Also, is it possible to extract the update from one of them games and run it manually with a wad installer?

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
Just installed all the files and everything working fantastic
biggrin.gif
thanks alot. Most games work with the launchers, but i have had some ERROR #002, i wonder if there will be a fix for this? would be nice
smile.gif
but hey very easy to install took less than 5 minutes to get it all up and running, even mario kart worked online, thx again
smile.gif

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
hi again was just wondering if there is much difference between the 0.3b to the 0.3g version? if the 0.3g version is better is there any way of installing this over 0.3b or doesnt it work like that lol:) thx in advance. games that didnt load for me so far are

Need for speed undercover
call of duty world at war
shaun white snowboarding all had error #002

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 3 of the pack will probably be posted tomorrow night....

...I want to take the time to make it the nicest combination of releases, etc.

It WILL include 0.3 gamma, which is an improvement in every way over beta
it will also include the newest softchip, as usual,

and will also still include 0.1 NCE, for the tried and true, slow-but-compatible older patched disc loader

it WILL overwrite old stuff from V2, so no "uninstalling" should be required, but it wouldn't hurt.

I was thinking I would also include as an optional download a wad of the rock band launcher that arm the homeless provided,
but I'd need a banner,
and everything in wad form...
so I'm just gonna wait and see if someone else does some or all of it.

right now I just have a lot of work to do, and I have a horrible case of the flu, so I don't exactly feel
like playing with wads.

very soon it'll be here, if anyone can't wait, obviously, there are ways to go do it yourself.

the games you listed (except undercover which has 002) are fixable by upgrading to gamma

as I understand it, the 002 error is not currently fixable via the loaders/launchers

but I'm sure the wiser people are workin on it.

it revolves around IOS55,
which fixes the problem for chip users, but does nothing for softmodders.

everthing should be faster and work more reliably for you guys when I up the V3 with gamma, so look forward to it I guess. :-)

screamq3

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again, when you add the 0.3gamma version to your pack, will there be any need to use the patcher before burning games or just burn as normal? I have read some posts which say you need to patch it and some that says dont bother? with 0.3b they play fine without being patched, thx in advance

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
screamq3 said:
Hi again, when you add the 0.3gamma version to your pack, will there be any need to use the patcher before burning games or just burn as normal? I have read some posts which say you need to patch it and some that says dont bother? with 0.3b they play fine without being patched, thx in advance

you need to "patch" (aka decrypt) for the 0.1 NCE launcher, which has different compatibility, I used to say "better" now with gamma I say "different"

the patcher is included, but it needs the common-key, which is not included.

expect V3 tonight, with lotsa great stuff!!!!

noobwarrior7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
including screamq3's pm here cuz it asked a good question(s)

QUOTE said:
hey thats great news then if v3 will be out tonight
smile.gif
. is it going to have 0.1 + 0.3b + 0.3g in it or just the 0.3g? i dont get what you ment in that post regarding patching, if 0.3b plays all backups without patching shouldnt 0.3g be the same? or have the games deffinitly got to be patched? thx in advance

the apploader (dol file or in my packs case: channel wad) is virtually irrelevant, the main part of "gamma" is the newest cIOS (rev7 full) with better patches/code.

with every "launcher", there are actually two aspects: the applauncher (dol file/channel wad) and the IOS (I provide this in a wad as well)

wad is just a delivery system....the .dol's are really wii 00000001.app files, and the wads deliver the launcher-end (frontend) to a channel, and the IOS is the system files, also delivered by wad.

you don't need and should not use "patched" discs for ANYTHING except 0.1....it is altogether different direction than the 0.3 generation, which "outdo" each other. there are only a handful of games that don't work at all on gamma AND do work on 0.1

pack will include:
Wiigator 0.3g + cIOSrev7 full
Wiigator 0.1nce + cIOS_fix
SoftChip r59 or r60 + cIOS_232 rock band fix

should bring overall compat to 99%, with 1-2 games still not being playable.

Pii Wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7. you forsaken and djtaz have had some of the best app packs out yet. keep up the good work.
grog.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1