Homebrew ALL 3 Methods to get unbanned from recent ban wave

Did this unban you and if so which method did?

• Total voters

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@gamemasteru03 I did this on emunand and a bit scared to do on sysnand I have b9s and 2 nand backups (and a emunand backup if that helps) is this safe to do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Gonna sound silly how did you open up Decrypt9 im on Luma
do you have the payload in the luma\payloads folder?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@gamemasteru03 I did this on emunand and a bit scared to do on sysnand I have b9s and 2 nand backups (and a emunand backup if that helps) is this safe to do?

do you have the payload in the luma\payloads folder?
Yes it is safe, there is basically no chance of bricking.

Just did method 1. Did not work... Should it be safe to inject a public seed after i injected a seed?
How did it not work??? Was your 3ds that you used to dump the seed banned? It is safe to do that.

Javman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is safe, there is basically no chance of bricking.

How did it not work??? Was your 3ds that you used to dump the seed banned? It is safe to do that.
I think it was, but the message did not show up when i went to friends list...

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
i think you should wait until the ban wave is 100% over, maybe it is already, then i think method 1

That is pretty much impossible to tell as even though this banwave appears to be over it is entirely possible that there will be another banwave a month or two from now. So might as well use a public seed to unban yourself since they are only good for a limited time before they are banned regardless of whether you use it or not.

GuilhermePolselli

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is pretty much impossible to tell as even though this banwave appears to be over it is entirely possible that there will be another banwave a month or two from now. So might as well use a public seed to unban yourself since they are only good for a limited time before they are banned regardless of whether you use it or not.
well, so saving his personal unbanned seed is a good strategy since we don't know if the banwaves will be periodic... then if someday that ends he can use it. meanwhile he should use public seeds.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, before I jump into this, please help out with these noob questions I have.

I followed plailect's guide some months ago to mod my n3ds w/ a9lh & luma. This included an installation of Hourglass9, which I understand is the noob-friendly version of decrypt9, lacking the 'dangerous' potential brickmaking features. Hourglass9 runs on my n3ds when I hold start while booting the console. It does not appear in the list of available homebrew apps when I run Homebrew Launcher.

The OP's instructions for this thread, using method 3, requires the use of the latest version decrpyt9 wip. I obtained the zip, and I also obtained the lfcsB from that other site, as instructed.

Now, afaik 'installing' decrypt9 wip is just a drag/drop onto the SD card, into the appropriate locations. But is that going to overwrite my Hourglass9, or will there be two separate versions on my n3ds? If it overwrites, will decrypt9 wip run when holding start on boot, just like Hourglass9 does now? Or will I need to run it from Homebrew Launcher?

Sorry if my question makes your head hurt, but this is uncovered ground for me. Just want to know what to expect. My a9lh/luma experience has been quite uneventful till now. I was just about to make time for the b9s change when this ban thing happened.

Last edited by Hanafuda,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, before I jump into this, please help out with these noob questions I have.

I followed plailect's guide some months ago to mod my n3ds w/ a9lh & luma. This included an installation of Hourglass9, which I understand is the noob-friendly version of decrypt9, lacking the 'dangerous' potential brickmaking features. Hourglass9 runs on my n3ds when I hold start while booting the console. It does not appear in the list of available homebrew apps when I run Homebrew Launcher.

The OP's instructions for this thread, using method 3, requires the use of the latest version decrpyt9 wip. I obtained the zip, and I also obtained the lfcsB from that other site, as instructed.

Now, afaik 'installing' decrypt9 wip is just a drag/drop onto the SD card, into the appropriate locations. But is that going to overwrite my Hourglass9, or will there be two separate versions on my n3ds? If it overwrites, will decrypt9 wip run when holding start on boot, just like Hourglass9 does now? Or will I need to run it from Homebrew Launcher?

Sorry if my question makes your head hurt, but this is uncovered ground for me. Just want to know what to expect. My a9lh/luma experience has been quite uneventful till now. I was just about to make time for the b9s change when this ban thing happened.
First off, I would recomend updating to BS9 https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s. Then after updating take the .firm file from decrypt 9 and put it in sd/luma/payloads . Hourglass 9 and decrypt 9 are 2 seperate apps so getting decrypt9 would not erase hourglass9.After holding start on boot it takes will take you to the luma chain load launcher then you can choose your app you want to run.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I would recomend updating to BS9 https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s. Then after updating take the .firm file from decrypt 9 and put it in sd/luma/payloads . Hourglass 9 and decrypt 9 are 2 seperate apps so getting decrypt9 would not erase hourglass9.After holding start on boot it takes will take you to the luma chain load launcher then you can choose your app you want to run.

Makes sense. Thanks. Do Hourglass9 and decrypt9 write a sysnand backup to the same location?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol