Homebrew ALL 3 Methods to get unbanned from recent ban wave

Did this unban you and if so which method did?

• Total voters

Blckwing182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did any of you have been re baned for using lfsb?

I have one from my wife 3ds she barely uses it. And im getting the new 2ds xl.

So if any of you used a private lfsb (not a public one) and got rebaned let me know cuz i need to go online to make a systransfer when my new 2ds xl arrives

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Probably because they were using menuhax and messed with their sysnand rather than emunand.
That's what I'm wondering right now. I'm using Menuhax + Gateway/Luma on 9.2 SysNAND/11.2-11.4-combo-EmuNAND. I'm not banned but still want to use a public seed and edited SecureInfo_A to keep my own seed safe.

Is it really enough to only inject it to EmuNAND? Since I'm currently not banned I can't find out by simply trying.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm wondering right now. I'm using Menuhax + Gateway/Luma on 9.2 SysNAND/11.2-11.4-combo-EmuNAND. I'm not banned but still want to use a public seed and edited SecureInfo_A to keep my own seed safe.

Is it really enough to only inject it to EmuNAND? Since I'm currently not banned I can't find out by simply trying.
It seems like you should inject it into both.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

where are the friendcodeseed_b files to download?
And how i know what are banned?
Look at method 3 and it will show you were to get that file...

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It seems like you should inject it into both.
I have just read that an unsigned/edited SecureInfo_A will brick Gateway EmuNAND - I guess injecting that into non-CFW SysNAND sounds like a bad idea then...

Since LocalFriendCodeSeed_b is unaltered after extracting it should work in SysNAND, though.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just read that an unsigned/edited SecureInfo_A will brick Gateway EmuNAND - I guess injecting that into non-CFW SysNAND sounds like a bad idea then...

Since LocalFriendCodeSeed_b is unaltered after extracting it should work in SysNAND, though.
I would highly reccomend that you update to BS9 before following this guide. 3ds.guide

Reactions: bjaxx87

Leooogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i got my files set up to unban me but i'm wondering how long it will take until i get banned again, was anyone banned again after unbanning

actually my main reason to unban is to get my pokemon out of the official bank, would backing up my banned friend code seed, injecting the unbanned one, getting all my pokemon out of the bank then reinjecting the banned one, avoid the unbanned one to get banned

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got my files set up to unban me but i'm wondering how long it will take until i get banned again, was anyone banned again after unbanning

actually my main reason to unban is to get my pokemon out of the official bank, would backing up my banned friend code seed, injecting the unbanned one, getting all my pokemon out of the bank then reinjecting the banned one, avoid the unbanned one to get banned
1) no one has been rebanned yet.
2)It will lower the chances by a bit but if you are using method 1 there is basically no chance of getting banned.

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

IggyJet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EDIT:

I wanna try the method 3 but I have no idea how to install and use Decrypt9. Can someone spare a few minutes to explain or share a link that I can use as a guide, please?

My system is 11.4 old 3DS, unlocked back during 11.3 with soundhax/luma/a9lh

Last edited by IggyJet,

IggyJet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nevermind my previous post, I just had to look better. Method 3 unbanned me. Also made sure to deactivate all the SpotPass options and hide titles/online status. Thanks a lot, OP!

Stormwatcher21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What do I do if Decrypt9WIP just won't run? I'm on Boot9Strap+Sighax, 11.2.0-35U, as per 3DSGuide, and all ilegitime games and apps run fine; but neither will Decrypt9Wip run (it cycles between red and black the goes back to HBL) nor will Luma Updater install Luma 8 (it runs through the backup and install, but after boot I'm back at 7.1).

I can do method 2, but Decrypt won't help me :(

EDIT: OH, I got GodMode9 installed, can I use it instead of Decrypt9WIP?

Last edited by Stormwatcher21,

Leooogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
about the bricking part, how exactly can i brick by unbanning, and is it a hardbrick or can i recover with a nand backup?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I do if Decrypt9WIP just won't run? I'm on Boot9Strap+Sighax, 11.2.0-35U, as per 3DSGuide, and all ilegitime games and apps run fine; but neither will Decrypt9Wip run (it cycles between red and black the goes back to HBL) nor will Luma Updater install Luma 8 (it runs through the backup and install, but after boot I'm back at 7.1).

I can do method 2, but Decrypt won't help me :(

EDIT: OH, I got GodMode9 installed, can I use it instead of Decrypt9WIP?
You can use godemode 9 if you know how to use it. Are you using decrypt9 as a payload?

about the bricking part, how exactly can i brick by unbanning, and is it a hardbrick or can i recover with a nand backup?
If you have a cfw ban then there basically is no chance of bricking. The pokemon ban use to cause bricks due to bad secure info A injects but that has now been fixed.

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
How can I check if I have decrypt9? I followed the guide on january and updated to boot9 as soon as there was a guide for it. Should I have it if I followed the guide?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: