Axel-MaV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Normmatt said:
...no and probably never will
Hey Normmatt, have you abandoned the AKAIO Moonshell2 Loader? I think it's a great solution to play a game after listening songs, videos, texts, images, ...
It's your own choice or this project can't continue for other reasons?

I hope you change your mind
wink.gif

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How come I addressed this before yet everyone ignored it?

You can run the akaio akmenu4.nds from moonshell...which brings akaio back up; is pressing ONE extra button a problem?

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Falkentyne said:
How come I addressed this before yet everyone ignored it?

You can run the akaio akmenu4.nds from moonshell...which brings akaio back up; is pressing ONE extra button a problem?

Or you can download the Acekard 2 reset.mse file for moonshell.
Just put the "RPGS.nds" file in the "moonshl2/resetmse/" folder so you can exit moonshell2 by pressing start and exit (brings you back to AKAIO).

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems much newer since this one is date October 12th 2009.
Plus the old one in the Original Post was version 0.1.
While this one is version 1.0.
tongue.gif

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone explain the differences between this loader and the regular one? Does the Moonshell2 loader have any missing features. I don't have a AK yet but I should be receiving one soon. Just want a heads up before I start to set it up.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cornaljoe said:
Can anyone explain the differences between this loader and the regular one? Does the Moonshell2 loader have any missing features. I don't have a AK yet but I should be receiving one soon. Just want a heads up before I start to set it up.

Older one:
-doesn't work with 1.5
-ROMs can only be launched from root.

italianmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pendor, I think he means why do you need this, can't Moonshell handle everything.

cornaljoe, Moonshell cannot run commercial roms. This loader allows Moonshell to do that without any problem. The only nds files Moonshell can load on its own are homebrew, not commerical roms. Remember its illegal to download roms of games you don't already own.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
italianmod said:
Pendor, I think he means why do you need this, can't Moonshell handle everything.

cornaljoe, Moonshell cannot run commercial roms. This loader allows Moonshell to do that without any problem. The only nds files Moonshell can load on its own are homebrew, not commerical roms. Remember its illegal to download roms of games you don't already own.

No, I mean comparing to the AKAIO loader.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cornaljoe said:
italianmod said:

No, I mean comparing to the AKAIO loader.

Despite its name, I'm pretty sure the moonshell loader it's not a loader at all.

It just passes variables to the actual loader.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is an extension that allows Moonshell to boot into AKAIO and load NDS commerical roms. Only works with the Acekard as far as I know.

evilhomura89

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
can we use moonshell as the default OS?

edit: yes, found a solution to it
QUOTE said:
1) Download Moonshell 2 & Extract it to Desktop.

2) Copy moonshl2 folder (where u extracted moonshell 2) into the root of the SD card.

3) Rename /akmenu4.nds to akmenu4.nds.bak (Backup the AKAIO menu)

4) Run the AutoDLDIPatch.exe ( in the misctools Moonshell 2 comes with ) and copy the file : moonshl2_DirectBoot_AK2_Acekard 2.nds to the root of SD card.

5) Moonshell 2 is set to Japanese by default. Moonshell 2 has included LanguageSelect.exe. Run that if you want to change to English etc.

6) Rename moonshl2_DirectBoot_AK2_Acekard 2.nds to akmenu4.nds. (make sure to back up your old akmenu4.nds before!)

7) Copy the file akmenu4.nds.bak to /moonshl2/resetmse/ on the sd card.

8) Then rename akmenu4.nds.bak to RPGS.nds ( Now you can use the Exit to Firmware in Moonshell to boot AKAIO (Press start in Moonshell) )

9) Download Normmatt's AKAIO Loader and place the file nds.akaio.nds in \moonshl2\extlink ( this will enable rom loading in moonshell )

10) Now your Ready to Enjoy Moonshell as Default OS and Still able to use AKAIO. ( M3 Sakura Look alike weeee )
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=152660

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision the new...