Hacking AKAIO Moonshell2 Loader Public Beta

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
VatoLoco said:
no progress is needed. it works excellent as is. if you dont like putting yer roms in the root, then dont use it.1. What if you have too much roms that it won't work in the root (FAT has limitations for how many items shown in a folder)?
2. It doesn't really matter, there's a new version that works on AKAIO 1.5, and it boots games in the root.

BTW, does the latest version support AK2i with AKAIO? If not, can you add support?

I have no idea why, but you quoted me from waaaaaaaay before 1.0 was released, yay dummii...

but i'll quote my own damn self here with a more recent post from me in the same thread.

VatoLoco Oct 29 2009, 09:14 AM
Thank you muchly, Mr Normmatt =)

excellent update, games can now be loaded from a folder! (they dont need to be at the root)

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to remove the block from 2.07?

I want to be able to update Moonshell for the new features, but I don't want to remove the block.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:

I want to be able to update Moonshell for the new features, but I don't want to remove the block.

You don't want to remove it, yet you ask if there's a way to do it.

I don't get it.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
YayMii said:

I don't get it.
I want to use this loader on 2.07. Moonshell 2.07 has a block on this loader.

Do you understand now?

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Pendor said:
YayMii said:

I don't get it.

Do you understand now?

This is not about understanding, it's about you contradicting yourself with that last statement.

I've already told someone a few posts up. There is a way to use the loader in 2.07. But you gotta find it yourself.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pendor said:
YayMii said:
Pendor said:
YayMii said:

I don't get it.

Do you understand now?

This is not about understanding, it's about you contradicting yourself with that last statement.

I've already told someone a few posts up. There is a way to use the loader in 2.07. But you gotta find it yourself.
Oh crap. Noticed my mistake
tongue.gif

But why doesn't anybody share the solution?

Is the only solution the one where you rename the loader from "nds.akaio.nds" to "ds.akaio.nds" and change the extension of all roms to "*.DS"?
Or is there another way?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
OP
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
YayMii said:
Pendor said:
YayMii said:
Pendor said:
YayMii said:

I don't get it.

Do you understand now?

Oh crap. Noticed my mistake
tongue.gif

Is the only solution the one where you rename the loader from "nds.akaio.nds" to "ds.akaio.nds" and change the extension of all roms to "*.DS"?
Or is there another way?

No, My way works much cleaner but I wont be releasing it as moonlight obviously doesnt support piracy and i'm not going to do anything to anger him to stop working on ms2.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Normmatt said:
YayMii said:

Or is there another way?
No, My way works much cleaner but I wont be releasing it as moonlight obviously doesnt support piracy and i'm not going to do anything to anger him to stop working on ms2.
Can you at least say what file you edit in Moonshell to make it work?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jakob95 said:
I don't understand why you would even want to use this? The AKAIO menu is really good and fast. Why would you want to use this?
1. It's makes Moonshell even better than M3 Sakura (the menu plays media, and it plays ROMs, but this has better compatibility than Sakura)
2. It's not for speed. It's for looks.
3. Why wouldn't you want to use this?

italianmod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
I don't understand why you would even want to use this? The AKAIO menu is really good and fast. Why would you want to use this?

it plays media, reads text, opens images, and runs homebrew, all from its menu which is more then AKAIO can do. I'm not saying AKAIO is bad, I actually really like it, but I really don't use my DS just for playing games. As a matter of fact I rarely play games on there, I mostly use it because of the media abilities in moonshell.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
John_Ice said:
cornaljoe said:
YayMii said:
VatoLoco said:
no progress is needed. it works excellent as is. if you dont like putting yer roms in the root, then dont use it.
1. What if you have too much roms that it won't work in the root (FAT has limitations for how many items shown in a folder)?
2. It doesn't really matter, there's a new version that works on AKAIO 1.5, and it boots games in the root.

BTW, does the latest version support AK2i with AKAIO? If not, can you add support?

Yeah, the 1.0 version supports the AK2i. I've tested and it works perfectly.

Hi all,

Which version 1.0 you talking ?? Is Moonshell 2.07 working with this method if not which version ?

John
The AKAIO version. The one you download here.

All Moonshell2 versions should work fine.

Ok Thank you....

Cheers

John

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Normmatt said:
YayMii said:
Is there a way to remove the block from 2.07?.....QUOTE(YayMii @ Nov 22 2009, 03:32 PM) Is the only solution the one where you rename the loader from "nds.akaio.nds" to "ds.akaio.nds" and change the extension of all roms to "*.DS"?Or is there another way?
Oh go on - tell us (I bet it's a HEX Hack on moonshell2 somewhere)

Anyway even if you don't tell anyone - can I ask a request....
unsure.gif

Is there any possiblity of creating a 'akmenu4.nds' (for AK2i cards) that will load in moonshell2 straight away - instead of first loading AKAIO then getting AKAIO to autorun 'Moonshl2_Directboot.nds' -
although AKAIO is fine, I do miss some features like remembering the last file you played or Mp3 playing etc that's seems to be missing from AKAIO (especially now that plugins don't exist anymore)

I know of the method of just renaming 'moonshl2_directboot.nds' to 'akmenu4.nds' works with the Ak2 but it doesn't for the Ak2i - It come up with 'system file missing' instead.
I'm guessing that somewhere on booting up the ak2 that some particular code is looked for which tells the card that the system file exists, which both the offical AK2 firmware and AKAIO has - but Moonshell2 doesn't

Surely a small akmenu4.nds 'launcher' could be made ??!! one that fools the card into thinking that the system files exists but in turn it load Moonshell2 instead - so that AK2i can benefit the same 'Moonshell2 OS' as other flash cards users

Oh by the way - I can confirm that this works with Moonshell2.06 + ak2i + AKAIO 1.5 + Latest loader fine

798-Icebird

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
THX Normmatt for this cool externlink. It workss perfect on ak2i+akAIO 1.5.1+moonshell 2.10 with xenon++ ndslink method.
bow.gif

Are you going to make a new version that works on akAIO 1.6?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...