Hacking AKAIO Moonshell2 Loader Public Beta

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bach3609 said:
Hmmm... nice job. Although I've been wondering, why do you want to load games from moonshell?
ohmy.gif

Because moonshell looks awesome, almost like sakura
biggrin.gif

You can also listen to music,watch movies. look at pics and text files, and play games with just moonshell
biggrin.gif

The one thing that would complete this is cheat support in moonshell.

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
i mean is there a way to autoboot moonshell 2 on acekard 2i with akaio 1.5 like moonshell 2 dstt/ysmenu combo?

arkitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question for you guys, how do I load Moonshell on the Acekard? I'm using the AceKard 2.1 and I downloaded Moonshell 2.05 but I can never get it to work. I've tried various instructions on different sites on how to load Moonshell but so far nothing works for me. Do I need to patch a file on the AceKard to get it going?

Basically I just want to use Moonshell as a mp3 player, I tried Lick's player (lmp) and while its a nice player it's a pain trying to scroll through a million files to get to the album or song you're looking for.

Edit: Just realized I did'nt list the steps of what I was doing to load Moonshell.

I download Moonshell 2.05 and extracted the zip file onto my PC, next I copied a folder called Moonshl2 to the root of my SD card along with the moonshl2.nds. At that point I tried loading the moonshl2.nds file from the AceKard menu and it loads up with a white screen. Any clues on what I should do to get Moonshell working?

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arkitech said:
Noob question for you guys, how do I load Moonshell on the Acekard? I'm using the AceKard 2.1 and I downloaded Moonshell 2.05 but I can never get it to work. I've tried various instructions on different sites on how to load Moonshell but so far nothing works for me. Do I need to patch a file on the AceKard to get it going?

Basically I just want to use Moonshell as a mp3 player, I tried Lick's player (lmp) and while its a nice player it's a pain trying to scroll through a million files to get to the album or song you're looking for.

Edit: Just realized I did'nt list the steps of what I was doing to load Moonshell.

I download Moonshell 2.05 and extracted the zip file onto my PC, next I copied a folder called Moonshl2 to the root of my SD card along with the moonshl2.nds. At that point I tried loading the moonshl2.nds file from the AceKard menu and it loads up with a white screen. Any clues on what I should do to get Moonshell working?

The only things needed are moonshl2.nds, directboot.nd and the moonshl2 folder.
When you copy the folder, make sure when you extracted it to the computer, before putting it on the sdcard, that that folder has its subfolder directory structure intact. You will know if you did this right, since you will see OTHER folders inside the moonshl2 folder (about 10 of them, I think). If there are no subfolders, then you didn't extract the main file with directory information intact.

As long as this is done correctly, there is a 100% chance of moonshell2 at least LOADING (whether you get file corruption errors or somethinig is a different story). A white screen problem either means you didn't extract the folder properly, or something is missing in your akaio. As the other poster said, try a reformat, if you checked the extracted ms2 folders.

arkitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's the latest update. I downloaded a patched file for the AK card and copied it to the SD. I was able to get Moonshell to run, but when I tried it later I got an error msg saying something about the ARM processor. I tried again about 10 more times and I was able to get it to load twice. Not sure why something like this would be so sporadic, I'll try reformatting the SD card and see what happens. Thanks for the tips..

arkitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This app is so tempermental. I formatted the SD card using the Panasonic SD formatter. I copied my files back onto the card and I was able to get Moonshell to load on the first try, at that point I changed the language to english but it got an error message again when trying to start the app. I would really like to play around with Moonshell but I don't understand why its so difficult just to get it loaded.

arkitech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update

I finally got Moonshell to work, I had to change the loader to AKAIO 1.5. Once I installed the new loader, Moonshell worked flawlessly.

Hopefully this will help anyone having the same problems I did.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
VatoLoco said:
no progress is needed. it works excellent as is. if you dont like putting yer roms in the root, then dont use it.
1. What if you have too much roms that it won't work in the root (FAT has limitations for how many items shown in a folder)?
2. It doesn't really matter, there's a new version that works on AKAIO 1.5, and it boots games in the root.

BTW, does the latest version support AK2i with AKAIO? If not, can you add support?

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
VatoLoco said:
no progress is needed. it works excellent as is. if you dont like putting yer roms in the root, then dont use it.
1. What if you have too much roms that it won't work in the root (FAT has limitations for how many items shown in a folder)?
2. It doesn't really matter, there's a new version that works on AKAIO 1.5, and it boots games in the root.

BTW, does the latest version support AK2i with AKAIO? If not, can you add support?

Yeah, the 1.0 version supports the AK2i. I've tested and it works perfectly.

John_Ice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cornaljoe said:
YayMii said:
VatoLoco said:

Hi all,

Which version 1.0 you talking ?? Is Moonshell 2.07 working with this method if not which version ?

John

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
italianmod said:
Moonshell 2.07, AKAIO 1.5, and Normmatts loader 1.0 all work 100% perfectly together

The latest loader does work if you can find exactly where the problem is and modify that part accordingly. That's all I'm gonna say.

In fact, I'm using it right now.
smileipb2.png

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
John_Ice said:
cornaljoe said:
YayMii said:
VatoLoco said:

Hi all,

Which version 1.0 you talking ?? Is Moonshell 2.07 working with this method if not which version ?

John
The AKAIO version. The one you download here.

All Moonshell2 versions should work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself