The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GreatCrippler said:
phoenixgoddess27 said:
GreatCrippler said:
AK2i... (E) version is a good idea. I will try it. And yes, my US version still freezes too.

I think they're talking about the New Super Mario Bros.

So they are... the idea is still sound though. :-P

Give it a try, tell me if it works please.

The (U) version didn't work for me, even after re-formatting and the firmware updated.

JustSomeone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
laugh.gif
ive tried that and nothing.. so far.. a yellow loading screen and thats all.. then my ds turns off .. ( 1 minute waiting)

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
kineticUK said:
Also someone mentioned previously GHOST i think that the wifi update didnt work, I can confirm that when I tried to update the loader it white screened after download completed. Then I couldnt load any .nds it would just whitescreen. Manually D/L and replace loader got everything working again.

And finally wish the same DMA modes worked on the RPG cause I just tried my SD card in another ak2i 1.7 and the difference was unbelievable. ak2i was split second loads (it seemed so fast) and the yellow DMA mode seemed to run games I tried (animal crossing etc) very nicely. Respect.
AKRPG loader on download page had a different CRC but a prior timestamp of a couple of hours from the one in the release. It try it twice and from a fresh install and after trying again a Wifi upgrade not only was the screen frozen but the partition table was dead ( I did several tests and even SD formater2 fails to format, Win version of Testdisk freezes and a couple of others tools were unable to format or recover anything. I stressed when Gparted on Ubuntu was unable to repartition too. I had to use Victoria Tools with a backup passport to recover and later Testdisk Linux & SD Formater 3 beta to format) ... I survive ;-)

I've got no such Wifi issues for anything else and I had check twice before upgrading ( I did not use old fat homebrew, DSO or games like JWTB..). Perhaps just a faded memory problem on write operations.

It is not the first time that Wifi update fails for RPG on my side ( I've got random issues with it on the past sometime in works sometime not at all with frozen screens ). Perhaps just the shitty Nand ... If someone can post his clean partiton details for an RPG ( cylinders clusters etc with a log report from a disktool like Testdisk ) I will try some others tests and fill a report. If you already format your nand with something ... forget about it. ( read How to Damage a FLASH Storage Device
hate2.gif
)

It seems to me - just a feeling - that AKAOI RPG 1.7 is faster then the previous release but not as quick as WOOD RPG so far ...

Knaledge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AS POSTED IN A DIFFERENT THREAD

I had the exact same problem (yellow 'LOADING', then blank white screen) as described in this thread - and one thing I've noticed is that multiple users have stated that a fresh install of AKAIO on their respective card has resolved the problem (outside of clone cards). So.... it's a setting issue.

And I found the setting: 'Cheat code usage'

Test 1
- Known working homebrew .nds file
- AKAIO 1.6 RC2
- 'Cheat code usage = DISABLED'
- RESULT: working

Test 2
- AKAIO 1.7
- 'Cheat code usage = DISABLED'
- RESULT: NOT WORKING (stuck @ white screen after yellow "LOADING")

Test 3
- AKAIO 1.7
- 'Cheat code usage = ENABLED'
- RESULT: working

NOTE: None of the above required any reformatting or updating of any loaders. This SDHC was formatted about 3-4 months ago and all I did this morning (much earlier before seeing this post) was mount the SDHC, delete the _aio directory, and copy over the NEW 1.7 _aio directory. I then went through and set things up the way I desired, not knowing I would encounter this issue by doing so.

System Info
Nintenodo DSi @ 1.4U
Acekard 2i @ HWID 81, SVN 892

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a couple problems with 1.7.

First, when I load KH:358/2 or Megaman ZX, I can't load my old file, and it's making me make a new one. When I plug my MicroSD card into my computer, there are 2 files with the same name and extension, so I still have my old file, and a new one that it made. Some games can still load the old save though, but not all.

Second, when I choose another Skin, the time and calender doesn't work anymore (only shows the pictures, no numbers anything).

Anybody else have these 2 problems? (Didn't read the last 14 pages)

Well, isn't this nice. I tried deleting the new save of KH: 358/2, and it ended deleting both files (new and old). Looks like I have to start a new game...

Alex666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First of all thanks to the Akaio team for a new firmware
smile.gif

But i still have a problem: when playing "my japanese coach" it starts the game but stuck on loading screen (in game). i think its the point where it reads the save files.. anyone got an idea? =(

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex666 said:
First of all thanks to the Akaio team for a new firmware
smile.gif

But i still have a problem: when playing "my japanese coach" it starts the game but stuck on loading screen (in game). i think its the point where it reads the save files.. anyone got an idea? =(

Have you tried formatting?
If it tries to save before you've even played, try looking for it in your game folder and delete it, then try it after you format it.

Alex666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for your help
smile.gif
but hope is gone anyway -.-
it just deleted my save file automatically >.<
anyway ill try to format my micro sd now, cauz win7 shows up this check up screen for removable devices everytime i plug it in
frown.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex666 said:
Thanks for your help
smile.gif
but hope is gone anyway -.-
it just deleted my save file automatically >.<
anyway ill try to format my micro sd now, cauz win7 shows up this check up screen for removable devices everytime i plug it in
frown.gif

That means it's either autoplay or you're not removing it properly lol
When you insert your SD adapter, a little USB symbol with a green checkmark should pop up on the right in the quicktray, right click it and click on Eject removable device.

Alex666

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know that xD
Did it correctly all the time
frown.gif
anyway this sucks, never touch stupid DS again!
hate2.gif

*goes off to play some xbox 360*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1