AKAIO 1.7 stuck on yellow loading screen

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Synt4x3rror, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2010
  1. Synt4x3rror
    OP

Newcomer Synt4x3rror Advanced Member

Puerto Rico
    Uh hi, this is about the first time I've had a problem with my acekard, anyway:

When loading offial games, I can never pass the yellow loading screen, however, homebrew games are loading fine

Some sort of help, is anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT:

Reformatted micro sd and still no go [​IMG]

Just in case I'm using Acekard2i
    On a Nds lite
    Micro sd card is 8gb SDHC class 2
    AKAIO 1.7 hw: 80 SVN 892

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Since this firmware update is fairly new, I don't know much about it and I'm not experiencing it. So in that case, let's take the classic debugging method.

First step has already been performed (reformatted MicroSD). Try reinstalling AKAIO. Then try updating loaders (just to be sure). Then try a different game. Then try a different DMA Mode. That's all I got. Try loading a game after each of these steps.

Something just occurred to me. Same thing happens when you try to use updated loaders on an outdated build of AKAIO. Make sure you actually manually update AKAIO (replace __aio folder and akmenu4.nds) and not just update loaders via WiFi.

3. phrozen087

Newcomer phrozen087 Newbie

United States
    I had the same problem at first. For some reason nothing would load on my card if the "Enable Cheats" option in the options menu is disabled. I had upgraded my previous akaio 1.6rc2 to the new one and this was disabled apparently in my old settings. Clean installing 1.7 fixed it for me (or you could probably check and make sure this is enabled).

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It's because you have a clone. You'll have to email RHS and see if they will replace it, however you knew it was a clone when you got it.

Not anymore! If you try it on a DSi, you'll also find it won't run AKAIO 1.6 either, may not even run 1.5.1 on a DSi. Also notice in the DS menu it comes up as Acekard 2 and not Acekard 2i, that's because it's a fudged clone of the Acekard 2.1.

You aren't the only one in this position. Someone else found themselves in almost exactly the same position as you with a cart brought from RHS in January http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=230659&hl . I suggested they mail RHS, ask Kekkon of that thread what RHS's response to their was to their email.

5. Synt4x3rror
    OP

Newcomer Synt4x3rror Advanced Member

Puerto Rico
    Ok so I re-downloaded 1.7, just to make sure, deleted old filesand re-instaled __aio and akmenu 4

And again, still a no go.

Perhaps my cart is indeed a [big fat] fake (but I though 1.6 had some sort of splash screen saying the card was indeed a fake but w/e)

anyway... perhaps I shall acquire a new acekard, might give shoptemp a try ;o

also... if RHS is becoming famous lately for selling fakes, why is it still on gbatemp's trusted sellers? [​IMG]

anyway... thank you everyone for your help, I hope a solution comes before I have to buy a new card, but if there's no other way I'll have to.

in the mean time, I'll just keep using RC2.

6. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    They have a HWID of HW80, which is the same as legit Acekard 2.1's and also display themselves as 'Acekard 2' in the DS Lite menu. For this reason AKAIO 1.6 doesn't seem able to determine they are clones when used on a DS Lite. If you they are running them on a DSi, then AKAIO 1.6 knows that HW80 Acekard 2.1s don't run on the DSi and so identifies it as a clone => blocks it. You'll also find it wont run the firmware update.

Genuine Acekard 2i's will display themselves as 'Acekard 2i' in the DS menu when used on a DS Lite.

It's likely there's a slight hardware difference, and this is causing the clones no longer to work. It could be from the 'bad batch' fix which Normmatt implemented, which may cause issues on the clones. Otherwise the 'yellow DMA' mode simply may not be compatible with them.

If you try Official 4.22 on them, you may have your answer.

7. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    Panasonic formater -> if you didnt format with this, just download and format it.
    It solves your problem

8. Samik

Newcomer Samik Advanced Member

Slovakia
    yeah man dont disable cheats in menu ive had the same problem

9. efiste2

Newcomer efiste2 Member

United Kingdom
    All of my roms went to a white blank screen after just updating the aio and ak4 menu, so i made a back up of my roms. formatted the mem card with PANASONIC, then put the roms back on with a fresh install of 1.7, all working great now,

10. riku88

Newcomer riku88 Advanced Member

Mexico
    im having the same pr [​IMG] oblem.. cant load.. when i try lo load it says processing... Do not power off.. and thast all.. nothing more.. ive formatted my micro sd 2gb fat 32.. with the panasonic thing,, and nothing [​IMG] ill keep the 1.6 rc2 .. it works.. but i can play the new games [​IMG] .. well i can play tetris but [​IMG]

ive tried with normal fat format.. and................nothing. maybe i have a fake acekard 2i...

11. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Did you update the loaders?

Acekard 2.1 or Acekard 2i?

What's the HWID of your Acekard? (you can find out by going to start => help)

12. riku88

Mexico
    well its the acekard 2i for dsi but im using it on a NDSL

it says

AKAIO v1.7
    HW80
    SVN: 892

and yes ive updated the loaders .. (i think) the one from

http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/

13. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    1. Yes that's fake. Email your retailer an ask for a replacement or refund, they sold you a fake so it's their duty. Where/ When did you buy it?

2. Why have you updated the loaders? I've made it very clear in my guide on here http://gbatemp.net/t218103-updated-n00b-gu...up-your-acekard which has been on here for ages, DON'T UPDATE THE LOADERS. If you update the loaders since AKAIO 1.6 was released, it will stop akaio from working. This is the cause of your "when i try lo load it says processing... Do not power off" problem.

14. riku88

Mexico
    well i got it with a friend.. i didt knew it was a fake becuase akaio 1.6 rc2 worked fine.. and well.. im new with acekard so i didnt saw your.post...

so.. it wont work??

15. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Start from fresh.

Follow my guide including formatting your MicroSD card with the Panasonic formatter. You shouldn't get the processing error any more. Some people have fixed the Yellow loading issue by using the Panasonic formatter, so it's possible that may fix it. If it still doesn't work even after that, then you know it doesn't work on clones.

If it doesn't work and you are using a (non SDHC) MicroSD card, then you can get a R4 from ShopTemp for $6 which should be fine. Otherwise it's the case of getting another Acekard.

16. Jason5877

Newcomer Jason5877 Member

United Kingdom
    New acekard Loaders are here - http://akaio.net/loaders/
    this link (http://akaio.gbatemp.net/nloaders/) is from old akaio site and only has 1.6 RC 2 Loaders

17. skystealer

Member skystealer Muah~

United States
    I dont think he gots a clone, Im getting the same issue, Yellow loading shows, then nothing else happens, it locks up. And my card isn't a clone, I opened it and checked.

18. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Any Acekard 2i which has a HWID of 80 is a clone. Valid HWID's for Acekard 2i's are 44/ 4444 (Original Actel) and 81/ 8181 (Later Glob Top Encapsulation)

19. skystealer

Member skystealer Muah~

United States
    My HWID is 81. Clone or not? EDIT: Oh wait, lol I didnt read your post entirly. Im gonna go back to 1.6 RC-2, 1.7 doesnt even work for me. I run a game and it locks up.

20. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Make sure you formatted it with the Panasonic SD formatter.

I had no problems renaming the 1.6 files and then coping over 1.7, however the MicroSD card was previously formatted with the Panasonic SD formatter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.