AKAIO 1.5.1

odyssy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated today (from 1.5). Since then, Bowser's Inside Story has crashed on me twice - before this, I was able to play flawlessly.

Help.

Wii Warrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
odyssy said:
Updated today (from 1.5). Since then, Bowser's Inside Story has crashed on me twice - before this, I was able to play flawlessly.

Help.

Same problem here.

I also have crash problems with new super mario and Ben 10 alien force

They all seemed to be ok with 1.5

(DSI 1.3e)

links1981

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there, Just got a DSi & a "AceKard 2 i"

So should I just do the update for the acekard and use NON-Hacked roms like for Zelda Spirit Tracks?

or, Should I just use the FW that comes on the "AceKard 2 i" fresh out the box?

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the release guys, great to see the best firmware around is still being worked on.

Just to throw in my 2 cents though .... I have 1.5 with the latest loaders and finished Zelda ST a few weeks ago with a clean rom and no crashing or save issues. I'm sure you guys know what you are doing, but I had zero problems with 1.5.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
links1981 said:
Hey there, Just got a DSi & a "AceKard 2 i"

So should I just do the update for the acekard and use NON-Hacked roms like for Zelda Spirit Tracks?

or, Should I just use the FW that comes on the "AceKard 2 i" fresh out the box?
Personally I would say use the AKAIO firmware instead of official AK2i - since AKAIO is updated more frequently than the Ak2i own

Also - I've found better compatibility with 'clean' ROMS & also when transferring from another card (m3i0) I've haven't had to do any 'modifying' (except for Z:ST)to get those savs to work on the Ak2i

zavlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im totally confused....i have a xeno patched rom and its worked fine so far...should i update to 1.5.1 and use a different rom? or use the same rom with the new update? or will my rom maybe be okay without the update?

and thanks for the release guys !
tongue.gif

Sam Poison Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I've just updated so my Q is:
Do I need to repatch my Ak2i to work on 1.4 firmware?????

It uorks nice on my friend's ds phat !!

Good job !!!

PD: at this time I've still untouched the Spirit Tracks...sooo lazy I am

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
er guys, just need a quick check( i might have screwed up something so bare with me on this)

Does anyone have problem with Rittai Picross ? seems like i was able to get to the load screen with that dog on top. The game just freeze.

edit: just noticed that the save file is now a 1mb file
ohmy.gif
and according to normmatt, this isnt a bug, so looks like i will get to break my old records.

sethirion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this solve the online problem of Phantasy Star Zero?

I want to know if I have to put the cheat code (I do not like the patch but clean ROM's) or not.

Anyone have tried PSZ?

Sam Poison Oak

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
QUOTE said:
the acekard bootloader and the akaio firmware are two different things
Thanks a lot!! now I undrstand many more...

mines is a risky dsi... its asking me every time to update so000. will be a patch for 1.5 frmwr???

QUOTEAceKard Team should give up coding their firmware, and help with AKAIO
I think the two teams should work together for creating a SUPER firmaware... AKAIO is the best, not Q about that. But the AK team could have something for make a SUPER AKAIO firmware---- in think sooo.. im a n00b...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I have to ask though... where DOES the akaio firmware keep the saves? I tried copying my backed up save (where I'd completed everything) in diamond over, but it won't recognize it. I can't find it anywhere on the microSD I'm using in the acekard.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
codezer0 said:
Okay, I have to ask though... where DOES the akaio firmware keep the saves? I tried copying my backed up save (where I'd completed everything) in diamond over, but it won't recognize it. I can't find it anywhere on the microSD I'm using in the acekard.
AKAIO (as well as the offical AK2i firmware) keeps the sav file in the same directory as the ROM

So if your games are in '/nds/ then so should your saves

After reading this post - I could also assume that your 'sav' file don't have any info 'at the end' & so AKAIO thinks you genuine sav is actually corrupt - don't know if AKAIO actually deletes this though, but if it did then that could explain why you can't find them

What card did you have (the one that had the original save on) - perhaps it need 'changing' before AKAIO can see it
Also have you backedup & formatted the memory card & placed everything back ?? - I had problems (not with saves but with texts) until I formated it with the Panasonic formatter

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an acekard 2i. And I was running the stock firmware for a long time, and liked it well. I was able to then backup the save from my real copy of diamond so I could use on the rom. This worked fine with the stock firmware. But the akaio firmware doesn't want to read it, because every time I've tried loading up the game with just that save file (with the filenames matching), it just acts like there is no file there.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
codezer0 said:
I have an acekard 2i. And I was running the stock firmware for a long time, and liked it well. I was able to then backup the save from my real copy of diamond so I could use on the rom. This worked fine with the stock firmware. But the akaio firmware doesn't want to read it, because every time I've tried loading up the game with just that save file (with the filenames matching), it just acts like there is no file there.
IIRC the standard AK2i firmware used to use '.nds.sav' for it's save files while AKAIO defaults to '.sav' - have you tried changing AKAIO 'Save Ext.' to '.nds.sav' & tried it ?
(Press [start] > 'System options > Press right shoulder button twice > 'Save Ext.' is at bottom)

Is there any chance you can upload the sav somewhere so i can download it & see if I can repeat your problem on my AK2i (no guarentees I'll be able to fix it though)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.