AKAIO 1.5.1

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can't upload it here, I don't know where else to put it. I don't have a site or anything right now, and as it stands, I can't afford it.
cry.gif

Also, my original backed up save file is in .sav, as it was in the stock firmware. But even now when I copy it over into the same directory, and then start up, it just acts like there is no data to load.
hate2.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
codezer0 said:
If I can't upload it here, I don't know where else to put it. I don't have a site or anything right now, and as it stands, I can't afford it.
cry.gif
I've PM'd you - check it & if you'd like send it to me that way

Got the Save file - & found the problems - codezer0's sav is 507Kb in size yet AKAIO files are (usually) 512kb

The way I fixed it was :
> Let AKAIO create a new sav by running Pokemon Diamond (this is a 'blank' 512kb file)
> Using a Hex editor (I use HxDen for this) loaded BOTH codezeros's 507kb and the AKAIO 512kb files
> I 'copied' all of codezero's sav data, then used 'Paste/Write' on the AKAIO 512kb file starting at the very begining of it
> Saved this newly modified sav, copied it back to the Ak2i & tried it out - & it worked..... (well on my system anyway)

Just need to see if it works on codezero's

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
codezer0 said:
cry.gif

Got the Save file - & found the problems - codezer0's sav is 507Kb in size yet AKAIO files are (usually) 512kb

The way I fixed it was :
> Let AKAIO create a new sav by running Pokemon Diamond (this is a 'blank' 512kb file)
> Using a Hex editor (I use HxDen for this) loaded BOTH codezeros's 507kb and the AKAIO 512kb files
> I 'copied' all of codezero's sav data, then used 'Paste/Write' on the AKAIO 512kb file starting at the very begining of it
> Saved this newly modified sav, copied it back to the Ak2i & tried it out - & it worked..... (well on my system anyway)

It works! Oh sweet jesus, it works!
yaynds.gif
toot.gif

I'm just surprised that the akAIO was so fussy about it, since as I reported before, the standard software from acekard loaded it fine, and the backup came directly off my real copy of Diamond.

Now all that work I put in it wasn't a complete waste.
lecture.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
codezer0 said:
CannonFoddr said:
codezer0 said:
cry.gif

The way I fixed it was :

It works! Oh sweet jesus, it works!
yaynds.gif
toot.gif

I'm just surprised that the akAIO was so fussy about it, since as I reported before, the standard software from acekard loaded it fine, and the backup came directly off my real copy of Diamond....Now all that work I put in it wasn't a complete waste.
lecture.gif
Another success story - glad it worked OK

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nguyeth said:
so what are the pros and cons? Im debating over whether or not to use this firmware
Better ROM compatibility and features than the official firmware. Also, the speed at which the loaders are updated and released means that AKAIO users are usually the first to receive AP bypass/game fixes.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
Question:
Does this new AKAIO allow for flashing on a Ver 1.4 DSi? Or do you still need a 1.3 Version, or a DS Lite to do it?

I'm just totally curious.
since this is really hardware related,using AKAIO doesn't fix this,at all.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
Kalisiin said:
Question:
Does this new AKAIO allow for flashing on a Ver 1.4 DSi? Or do you still need a 1.3 Version, or a DS Lite to do it?

OK.
I have DS Lites, anyway, was just very curious.

I didn't even know Nintendo came out with a Ver 1.5 firmware update, as I no longer use my DSi, and I advsised my mom, who DOES use it...to NEVER hook up to the Internet with it...so that her Acekard will continue working.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kalisiin said:
lolzed said:
Kalisiin said:
Question:

OK.

I didn't even know Nintendo came out with a Ver 1.5 firmware update, as I no longer use my DSi, and I advsised my mom, who DOES use it...to NEVER hook up to the Internet with it...so that her Acekard will continue working.
Ninty doesn't have 1.5yet

Godamit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Has soft-reseting been taken out?
The usual combination (L + R + A + B + Down) isn't working for me.
Does anybody know the new combination, if it's still there?

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
Kalisiin said:
lolzed said:
Kalisiin said:
Question:

OK.

Hummm. I was sure I saw someone here, in this very topic, say that their Ninty was bugging them to upgrade to 1.5. Maybe I was just seeing things. I'll admit to skimming the topic, and to the fact that I was working on the overnight when I thought I saw that.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kalisiin said:
lolzed said:
Kalisiin said:
lolzed said:
Kalisiin said:
Question:

OK.

Hummm. I was sure I saw someone here, in this very topic, say that their Ninty was bugging them to upgrade to 1.5. Maybe I was just seeing things. I'll admit to skimming the topic, and to the fact that I was working on the overnight when I thought I saw that.
I saw it too. Myself, I haven't been able to get a straight answer as to whether or not there is a 1.5.

Kalisiin

Trophies
Website
www.kalisiin.com
XP
Country
United States
bdr9 said:
Kalisiin said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Kalisiin @ Jan 8 2010, 02:12 PM)
I saw it too. Myself, I haven't been able to get a straight answer as to whether or not there is a 1.5.
Day-um!! Glad to know I'm not seeing things!! Or if I am, at least it isn't JUST me!!
wacko.gif

Blake1710

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Godamit said:
Has soft-reseting been taken out?
The usual combination (L + R + A + B + Down) isn't working for me.
Does anybody know the new combination, if it's still there?

unless you kept the globalsettings.ini file, all the settings will be returned to default.

just go back into settings and turn soft-reset back on.

terrys2207

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don’t know if anyone has noticed that the cheat system on the acekard2i does not work it used to work in one of the Firmware I can’t rember which one and can’t find my disc that I had it backed up on when I went back to what I was using the cheat work and went to a newer Firmware it stopped working it’s the same with the AKAIO Firmware to 1.5 and the 1.51 updated everything and no joy the one 1.51 is better as the wifi encryption types in now works with most of them I was using wep and fount that was sh@t so I had to change to wpa2 and it was not sported by the AKAIO I’m glad it does now
the cheat system since I started using this does not work it work with the firmware 1.4 before I updated it the original after that can’t get the cheat system to work on any firmware is anyone else had the problems as well I updated to AKAIO 1.5.1 as it is easy to use and can be updated over the wifi easy to do

I’m trying the 4.21 Firmware for AK2 and AK2i now see what happens if the cheats work for me I love the acekard2i better than any other I have used in the past I would like to use the cheats owe hope this can be fixed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs