Hacking AKAIO 1.3rc1 released

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dunno if it already has been posted, but if i close my DS while I'm in the menu it darkens the screens that I can barely see something and if I open it up again, it stays dark like that. No matter what. Can't change the brightness at all then. So when I boot up a game at that stage it stays that dark. It doesn't happen in-game tho.

Ronik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mailenste said:
Dunno if it already has been posted, but if i close my DS while I'm in the menu it darkens the screens that I can barely see something and if I open it up again, it stays dark like that. No matter what. Can't change the brightness at all then. So when I boot up a game at that stage it stays that dark. It doesn't happen in-game tho.

Known and fixed.

damnesiac

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyway just got my AK and NDSL a few weeks ago and loving AKAIO over the stock firm. Loads my game list so much quicker, is there any limitation to how many games can be in a single directory?

Also does anyone use the 'soft-off' shutdown button in Help to shutdown their ds instead of powering it off by the button? Is there any benefit to "soft-off"?

Is this the place to suggest improvements/changes etc?

What I'd like to see is the soft-off feature on the start menu below Help. iF this is a stupid idea just ignore plz
biggrin.gif

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
well no one really uses the soft-off; we put it back in because like.. 3 people complained.
It won't go in the start menu. that requires more clicks than "my thumb can turn off machine with this switch"

but glad it's working for you. there's no true "limit" i am aware of, but obviously speed of the file listing and browsing will suffer the more games you put in a directory.

Narin's a dick with 100 games in a directory and he uses text-mode view to list them and says it's not horrid (3 seconds to enter a directory)

aphirst

Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've got about 50 games in my NDS folder, and I'm running with the thumbnails on, and I can't notice any delay in opening the folder. And I haven't got a particularly well-rated MicroSD. :S Maybe I'll start suffering by the 100 mark.

The only "limit" I know of is something like 255 files in the root ( / or X:\) of the card, and that's a limitation on the FAT filesystem as opposed to the Acekard itself - I haven't noticed any limits imposed by the Acekard on folders with *lots* of Text Files.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I noticed that 255 mp3's (in a subdirectory) was the limit, so I would guess that putting 255 of any file in a single directory is a bad idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol