Hacking AK2 AKAIO probs DSL

cami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Iv used the panasonic formatter. Iv tried AKAIO 1.6 RC1 + 2. AKAIO 1.5. And also the latest official firmware.

AKAIO 1.6 shows the menu and when i try to load a backup it freezes on the LOADING screen. Usually with green writing, sometimes red.

AKAIO 1.5 didnt even show the menu i think it froze on a loading screen before the menu.

The official FW loads backups but most seem to crash at the main menu of the game.

Im thinkin about trying 1.4.1 to see if the card is fake... Also noticed this post in the forums and wondering if i should try it.

Grab the latest AKAIO firmware, currently 1.6 RC2 = http://normmatt.com/forum/
Grab Official Firmware 4.07a15 = http://filetrip.net/f2445-Acekard-2-Official-4-07a15.html
Take the file akmenu4.nds from OF 4.07a15 and copy it to /__aio/ak2loader/
Turn on Acekard and Navigate to a Game, Press Y Twice to open Properties
Switch the option "AK2 Loader" from "AKAIO" to "AKMENU4"
Hit Okay (A) and play game

This worked, so just need to change every game to AKMENU4?? Wierd not sure why i had to do this but thanks to the original poster of this tutorial... Still the odd game not working but this is better than the OFW.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if your using akaio but the official loaders you aren't using the akaio loaders. the official loaders have about an 80% compatibility. if you purchased your ak2.1 after dec 09 then you have one of the kits which have different hardware. it appears that akaio and the official firmwares do not work on them. the only firmware which is reported to work correctly is the official 4.07.12. you can find it for dl at filetrip.net.

-another world

cami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea thats the problem i think... thanks... is this a temp solution... do u recommend getting an acekard 2i so that theres no hiccups in the future... forgot to mention it was from DX... and yes after dec... took ages before i got a microsd card and have thrown the box away... is it worth trying to return?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
well the ak2i doesn't have that problem, but it has been cloned. you could purchase one from someone you trust (like RealHotStuff who is knowingly selling the clones) and end up with the actel chip clone. the clone has more problems that its worth, no matter what you might read on some sites.

if you do go for an ak2i make sure you do your research and ask questions of the seller before you buy it, just to make sure they aren't selling clones.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.