1. melongun

melongun Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hi,
    i have some question about the ps4 system properties and spoofs. First things first: i'll stay on 5.05 until 6.72 will be the new recommended fw version to be used. So i'm not in any hurry. I recently did some checks on my ps4 pro, for this upcoming 'event' and stumbled accros the system version in the system settings: 6.70. First i've been shocked, because i thought i blocked everything. Rechecking the cached X-Project Page in the browser, i see 'HEN 2.1.1 ... 6.70 PSVR spoof' and down right 'OFFICIAL FW v5.05'. So i can suppose everything is still fine? Just to be safe, i restarted my ps4pro (no, not sleep mode). After the boot up, the system properties are showing 5.05 again. Okay, may be turning on the PSVR and starting some VR title activates this spoof? Gave it a try, then opening the system properties and it shows still version 5.05. So what's exactly triggering this 'faked' system version? Or is this some unintended behaviour to worry about? Such like some 'official' Update has been downloaded in the background and its installation is just blocked by the activated update blocker? I'm really afraid of something sitting somewhere in the system, ready to remove my ... freedoms :) . I wan't to apologize if i'm worrying about something which is already documented. The tutorial (KiiWiis first first post in this thread) is without doubt, really good but also pretty complex :) .

KiiWii likes this.
  2. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    @melongun this is known, its hen 2.1.3 spoofing to 6.70 for PSVR.

The frontpage will receive an update/refresh when I get time :)

3. melongun

melongun Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    *phew* So everything like expected :). Still wondering what's controlling the ps4 thinking which system version it's actually using. May be, turning on the PSVR and starting a title which requires such a spoof?
    BTW: you are mentioning updating the frontpage and i stumbled across one topic because of my previous question ... may be it's just me being incapable of doing it right or understanding it, but the "PSVR Settup and Usage" Section, is somehow mysterious to me. For the Media Player option: "Media Player 3.5 VR patched no psn", whereas the second option: "Watching 3d/180/360 Videos" ... "littlestar 1.18 no psn". This still means both Apps are capable for watching VR Videos? I'm watching scuba diving records, some from storyblocks. In Media Player those videos tagged with either 180 or 360 degree are in fact played 'around' my head and i have this depth immersion. I've been reading many posts about Media Player being not 'realy VR' and littlstar 'truly VR', with 'SBS' and whatsoever. I couldn't find any plain and simple description without buzz-word-vr-science-knowledge what littlstar is doing more advanced than the media player. If someone could have the mercy explaining this in simple words, so i can imagine the difference in immersion, i would be very thankful :) . But well, besides that, the more important thing is, this littlstar App seems to be a mess. I managed it to accuire this app by WuEpE, but hell i couldn't figure out how to play the diving videos from my external HDD. I think some change i their service, regardless using the app by WuEpE, now prevents being able playing videos by 'sideloading'? AFAIK, because of their registration nonsense i had to temporaly unblock some hosts in my router. Sometimes it seemed this could have lead to some accidental PS4 firmware update. I think it would be rational if you could check, wether mentioning the littlstar App is still a reliable option.

4. GrainofSound

GrainofSound Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Why isn't it recommended to upgrade to 6.72 firmware from 5.05?

5. Soukai

Soukai Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Because 5.05 exploit is more stable and nearly everything whats possible with 6.72 is possible with 5.05.

Last edited by Soukai, Aug 10, 2020
    KiiWii and Leeful like this.
  6. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
  7. cathor

cathor Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Hi,
    Trying to catch up on everything that has happened lately. I understand updating to 6.72 is not recommended as it is not stable yet but got a couple of questions. Getting mixed info from reading threads and other sources.

In it's current state, does 6.72 JB allow

-- Running previously installed backups?
    -- Installing PKGs straight to External HDD?
    -- Installing exploit to User Guide?

TIA

8. YuBobster

YuBobster Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Yes x3

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

cathor and naddel81 like this.
  9. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    If you installed previous games with hen you have to use hen 6.72. Mira is not compatible with hen(don't know about the new Mira).

cathor likes this.
  10. GeneX

GeneX Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hey, I managed to get it working. After a ton of tries, only to figure it out that Remote Package Installer doesn't like to install the unlocker, and I was meant to use the USB.

But only with prebuilt fpkg that I've found, the ones that I've created using the psDLC(v20) are 1MB not 128kb and I couldn't install the Themes using it.

KiiWii likes this.
  11. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    Hmm, my unlock files are 128kb....

12. GeneX

GeneX Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    From my psDLC log:
    Could it be something with my other (not to be mentioned) tools?

medeka likes this.
  13. feynman85

feynman85 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Backported games works also on 6.72?

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    the dragon quest theme is one unlock I made myself. it's 128KBs.

upload_2020-8-11_5-37-16.png

15. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    You mean when you update (ps4)6.72? I guess so, you can always update the game with a fake 6.72 update, normally this will remove the 5.05 backport

16. feynman85

feynman85 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    Yes I mean when I will update to 6.72 the games will continue to work?

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 Lite utilizzando Tapatalk

17. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
  18. dbzgts

dbzgts Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Yup, our ISP in Indonesia not allowed us to change the DNS.

Leeful likes this.
  19. siavash

siavash GBAtemp Regular

Iran
    is there any way to make app2usb run in ntfs format external hard drive?(im desprate)

20. ForgotWhoIam

ForgotWhoIam GBAtemp Regular

United States
    AFAIK only exfat.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide