[AIO] PS4 Exploit Guide

Discussion in 'PS4 - Tutorials' started by KiiWii, Mar 2, 2018.

1. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    It won’t work on 6.02.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

We don’t know yet.

2. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
  3. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    I don't know if this is common knowledge or if I've just made a strange discovery but running Hen breaks Voice Commands on the PS4.

I've tried it with Hen v1.5 to Hen v1.8 and it's the same with all of them.

After you have run HEN, the voice commands icons still pop up at the bottom of the screen when you say "PlayStation" but they do not control anything anymore.

An even stranger thing is that if you enter rest mode and then resume from it, the voice commands does not work at all.
    I then went into Settings>System>Voice Operation Settings>View Guide and insted of showing the guide it showed this:
    Voice-Comands.

Can anyone else with a PS4 camera/mic please test and confirm.

Last edited by Leeful, Dec 12, 2018
    KiiWii likes this.
  4. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @Leeful funny enough I just thought it was shit at recognising commands.

I only tried using it since I got PSVR, and I thought it was just shit tech lol.

scott902 likes this.
  5. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member

pip Developer
    Sep 4, 2015
    United Kingdom
    LOL. I know what you mean about it being shit at recognising commands. I have to really emphasize the "t" at the end of "Start" or it won't understand me.

Give it a go without Hen and let me know if Hen breaks it for you.

Last edited by Leeful, Dec 12, 2018
    KiiWii likes this.
  6. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
  7. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    what did the 6.20 fw "fix"? nothing that I know of all 3 exploits are working unless morphius hasn't confirmed yet

8. LH1980

LH1980 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2016
    Canada
    Never seen old firmwares get DMCA'ed, this looks serious. Maybe it's unpatchable as long as youb stay on 6.02/6.20.

If this ends up like the Switch I can understand why the FWs are being taken down.

9. rufuszombot

rufuszombot Assassin

Apr 13, 2010
    United States
    The Moon
    And after I just lost my 5.05 PS4 and all the games (and everything else for that matter) in a town fire, this is the sort of stuff I was waiting for. If I were to go out now and buy one would I be safe? I probably won't, but just in case I would like to know ahead of time .

10. BionicGecko

BionicGecko GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2018
    Czech Republic
    I would not rush out to buy anything now, the exploits and "method" are not out yet, this is all still very speculative. All PS4s in stores for at least a few months from now will be on 6.02 or lower, so as long as the exploits are released before Feb/March, pretty much all PS4s in stores will be exploitable when they come out.

11. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @rufuszombot 5.05 is still the golden firmware, do not rush into anything, it could be disappointing or limited. Who knows.

@LH1980 i think Sony is trying to craft some form of damage control going forward. But it can’t be done.

@chrisrlink right now it appears like nothing was fixed, the 6.10 beta had name change, apparently 6.20 does not, so it seems like a rushed fix to something, but WebKit hasn’t changed and the “method” still works, so who knows.

M0rph3us hasn’t revealed anything publicly yet so unless he or someone else has tipped Sony off about it (I highly doubt it for some bug bounty) his media app unsigned code execution should remain unpatched too.

12. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Apparently build/upload date of 6.20 is a November 2nd however it released on 12/12..... what an odd update indeed....

13. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    After a Darth Sternie got hit with DMCA, now too Lightning Mods (of DKS) is finding Sony striking against filehosts for hosting certain files.

Seems that 5.xx-6.xx are now taboo to host or mirror after they have gone out of Sony’s official circulation.

What’s going on? We shall see....

scott902 and rudolf96 like this.
  14. rudolf96

rudolf96 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2018
    Sweden
    The more the days go by it seems like they patched an kexploit either an unkown one or one made by math eitherway hopefully devs can find what sony is trying to hide, and KIIWII can keep us Updated.

KiiWii likes this.
  15. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Perhaps it just damage limitation, if old firmware isn’t available people will be forced to use the latest.

16. rudolf96

rudolf96 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2018
    Sweden
    But is it not an lovely coincidence right after an firmware update though? And an big firmware update change since they even skipped 6.1

17. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Yeah the killer feature of beta 6.10 (PSN name change) seems to have been ignored and a rushed update (upload is dated November btw) has come out in its place.... something is afoot.

scott902 and rudolf96 like this.
  18. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Last edited by KiiWii, Dec 14, 2018
  19. hemi426

hemi426 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2018
    Belgium
    KiiWii likes this.
  20. KiiWii
    OP

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Thanks @hemi426 :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Added "FIRMWARE REPOS" list to the OP.
    (please note some sites are in the process of re-hosting OFW's that have been removed or DMCA'd)

scott902 likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted