Gaming Age

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My boy friend and I are both 19 and we both have (well I had a DS lite I made till it broke) DS lites that we use quite often. I don't think there really is an age for a gaming system.

tagzard said:
Nope the ds is really good but if u don't wanna look like a wuse in front of ur friends buy a psp
Why would you looks like a wuse compared to that failing system. No one cares about the PSP nowadays, hell more people have a DS than a PSP if you really look at it.

gameboy13

Orange and fluffy since 1995.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I feel I never will be too old for a DS. I'm 15 right now, but you can never really outgrow a video game console. (Aside from those that you can find in the toys section at Wal-Mart.)

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just buy one~! I'm 17 and most of the games I played are for the DS~!
biggrin.gif

Got over a 150 games listed for the DS
yaynds.gif

Greatforce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
regnad said:
I'm 39 and I have one. I love it to bits.

I suggest a DS Lite though -- that slot-2, properly equipped with a flash cart, is a beautiful thing to have. Beats the crap out of a silly little camera.

Going for an XL with the SCDS2
smile.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
PeregrinFig said:
All I can say is, if 18 is too old to play a DS, then I have no idea why they made a Grand Theft Auto for it.

Grand Theft Auto is aimed at kids, adult games are things like Picross, Phoenix Wright, Puzzle Quest.

Anyway, I'm 29 and I love my DS, play it every day on the way to work.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
BlueStar said:
Grand Theft Auto is aimed at kids, adult games are things like Picross, Phoenix Wright, Puzzle Quest.
I agree. It's ironic that the games with the most 'mature' content are often the most immature in concept and execution.

Greatforce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I will most likely buy a DSi XL and the SCDS2 seperatly, but are the pre-installed games on the DSI xl worth playing?

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no such thing as too old for DS, it something to offer for people of all ages!
Except dead, nothing for th-oh! There is Teenage Zombies! See? Everyone can enjoy!
biggrin.gif

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm too old for the PSP I would look like a dick. The DS is perfect I can still play kids games and people will just think I am doing the times crossword or Dr Kawashima's..... Unless they look over my shoulder then..... busted.....

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PSP seems more like a young persons handheld, while DS is more universal.

Sure the psp is more "hardcore", maybe it can do more than the DS, but that doesnt mean the DS is bad. Ever since I got a flashcart, I have had more fun with my DS than any other console, except for my modded wii (I got the flashcart first tho so for then, it was epic!!)

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh are you serious? Between it and the PSP from an unknowing eye it looks more like a pocket PC so you got that covered, but regardless there's games of all ages on the thing and it does more than games too like internet if you get that dsi as the browser is built in. PSP I have too, it doesn't look stupid or kiddie either, but it's more obvious it's a gaming device just a bit despite it does even more than the DS does stock.

I'm 33 have both, got a SP too I'll carry with me. I think you're safe. Gaming these days due to the Sony efforts of the last decade and Nintendo in the later half of this one ending this year mainstreamed the crap out of gaming. No one should feel stupid at any age carrying around either system and using it unless it's just at really rude and stupid times (dinner table, etc.) If you're outside resting, waiting, riding the train, stuck in traffic...whip it out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast