Advise to those installing haxchi on 5.5.1

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by metalsniper63, Jul 30, 2017.

1. metalsniper63
    OP

metalsniper63 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    Mexico
    Hello i just wanted to give some advise to the people who are trying to get the DS game to install haxchi from the eShop:

I have noticed that a lot of people have issues with downloading the Game while the update for the console is in the download queue .

What i did was:

1.- Open Homebrew Launcher (web exploit)
    2.- Load Mocha
    3.- Open Homebrew Launcher again
    4.- Load NNU patcher
    5.- Enter the E-shop and download your game.

In this way the update won't appear in the downloads queue and you can download your game without any issues.

After that just download the Haxchi files, put them on your SD card and launch the installer with Homebrew Launcher.

I hope this information helps someone. Thank you for reading.

2. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    So you're saying this is an alternate fix for the unplugging method? I don't see how running mocha would make a difference

3. metalsniper63
    OP

metalsniper63 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    Mexico

Actually i don't know either, i'm just telling you what i did because i don't like to just unplug my devices while they are working...

4. Zaide

Zaide GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    I think he's saying you can use mocha to avoid the update while you download a ds title to be able to install haxchi.

5. MattKimura

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Hey if this is a fix and more people confirm this as working, props to you

6. metalsniper63
    OP

metalsniper63 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    Mexico
    I don't know how it works, and i'm sorry about that. But when i used MOCHA the update didn't appear on the download queue. It directly downloaded the game for me.

7. ghettosuperstar

ghettosuperstar Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    United States
    I also have a fix for installing you DS game:
    Just finished downgrading. I paid my $7 bucks for Brain Age. Couldn't get it to finish. If you click on Download Management, you will see the update to 5.5.2 (it won't say this but you can just assume) with a X, because you most likely have it blocked via DNS. Just click on the update and you will be presented with a option to delete content. (I don't remember actually what it said.) Delete and your ds game will download and install.

8. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    Does every EUR account get Brain Training free, or just ones made a while ago? Cos I made an account just for testing and got Brain Training free
    Code:
    :)

9. ghettosuperstar

ghettosuperstar Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    United States
    Last edited by ghettosuperstar, Jul 30, 2017
  10. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
  11. ghettosuperstar

ghettosuperstar Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    United States
    Do you have a DS or 3DS? Or maybe you really are lucky. :yay3ds:

12. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    Yes I have a 3DS, but I made a new NNID, so I don't see how that would affect anything.

ghettosuperstar likes this.
  13. ghettosuperstar

ghettosuperstar Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    United States
    I put you down for providing a tip in the Downgrade guide to check to see if you got Brain Training for free.

14. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    ?

15. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    I had the same thing happen. Is yours a second hand bought wii u? If so i think it's probably saving the game ticket or so on the console itself. not account linked. So the previous owner got it.

16. Jhynjhiruu

Jhynjhiruu GBAtemp Fan

Dec 31, 2016
    I had just erased the Wii U, it had HaxChi on it before, but with a different game, and I was testing some stuff.

17. MattKimura

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    This failed update shows up even when you're on 5.5.2, it doesn't specifically mean that this is the 5.5.2 update. It just means it failed to check for system updates so it gives you a failed update regardless.
    For so long now when 5.5.1 has been the latest, we've always been getting that failed update.

I'm pretty sure it's not as simple as just deleting the failed update from download management.

18. ghettosuperstar

ghettosuperstar Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    United States
    It really was that simple. The button for delete is there. Surprised me as well.

19. Mat37

Mat37 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2016
    France
    Hmm .
    If the game was paid on eshop, it's just possible to install it with WUP without a ticket, and if the game boots without any kind of sigpatcher, it's fine to install Haxchi and CBHC, right ?

20. ghettosuperstar

ghettosuperstar Member

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2017
    United States
    @Mat37 Yes that is correct, as long as it's one of those DS games on the list, you can install Haxchi. Verify that Haxchi works, then install CBHC on top of haxchi. (I didn't realize after $7 bucks later, the Haxchi install was smooth as butter.)

Last edited by ghettosuperstar, Jul 30, 2017