Gaming Advance Wars Dual Strike Help

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I need some help with this mission, it's quite challenging to me. I am using the suggested CO's from various guides I've read, which are Sensei and Grimm. I've leveled up Sensi to rank 2, but not Grimm(as I can't pick him in the war room at the moment). Can someone give me a list of skills i should go into the battle with/ suggestions on how to beat this map? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance and happy new year!

ACQ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok I need some help with this mission, it's quite challenging to me. I am using the suggested CO's from various guides I've read, which are Sensei and Grimm. I've leveled up Sensi to rank 2, but not Grimm(as I can't pick him in the war room at the moment). Can someone give me a list of skills i should go into the battle with/ suggestions on how to beat this map? I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance and happy new year!

Describe Mission 17 to me. I've played through the easy and hard campaigns many times, but can't remember the number designations. Which campaign are you playing?

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normal Campaign. Its the one with the swirling pipes, and you need to capture a certain number of buildings to win. It's pretty hard, unless I am not understanding how to do it. I can probably get a picture of the map up if you give me a few minutes

EDIT: ok i have the pictures now.
7a3a747d.jpg

26b86f09.jpg

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
you do know you can increase their ranks through the war room and other modes? If unlocked of course.

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i know, which is why I said I was leveling sensei up, but Grimm isn't unlocked in the war room yet. Im basically searching for a strategy/someone with a strategy that can explain it to me so this mission doesn't haunt me anymore.

Hillsy_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, a strategy.. You have to stop the enemy coming from the west. First you want to setup a defense around the west pipes (not too many units). Stay out of the enemies pipe range, let the enemy come to you. Now, you want to have a separate squad/team (main force) to blow a hole in the pipes to the north. (Just one hole will do, it will save time) Do you see the silver pipes, well you can destroy them with enough firepower. You will want to move your troops through, and try and capture the factory alittle to your west. Don't worry if you can't capture it straight away, just wait for the opportunity to do. Here's the important part - Do not blast through the second row of pipes to the north - this will stop the enemy from surrounding you. Now setup a perimeter defence around the eastern side. (see picture) Use this eastern side to form the basis of your attack. Then slowly move forward taking out the units when you can. Once you get to the upper eastern side, move directly across westward taking out the cities. If you get the chance to use any missile silos do so. Remember, if you open all the pipes then the enemy will run havoc in and around your units. The secret to this map is not to blow up too many pipes so you become surrounded. By giving the enemy more routes to attack you in-danger your defence as you have to cover more angles the enemy will approach from.

I = Infantry.
X = Blow hole through.

Try and get a Rocket Launcher for both groups as it will help the existing Artillery. Remember, keep out of the range of the pipe runners until you have enough forces to deal with them. You should only need to worry about the lower left and far east one if I remember correctly.

I hope you can see the pic, click it to enlarge it. Now I know its not a work of art, but well.. y'know.

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

Primworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much, this helped me beat the mission! I can finally move on! Thank you again and again. Also, there were only two piperunners, and i was able to eliminate them easily after i got some tanks. I took major advantage of senseis CO power, and had meat shields all over, helped a whole lot.

ACQ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Primworm, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner. I've been busy.

Glad to see you've gotten past that mission. Good luck on "Surrounded!" That mission can be a real pain in the ass. It's seemingly impossible in the hard campaign. It makes the final battle feel relatively tame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night