KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Inunah said:
I can't see how anyone would like Harvest Moon games on the DS. Even my sister, who loves Harvest Moon, thinks that the DS ones are stupid and not worth playing, due to idiotic storylines and botched controls. We both once contemplated getting a DS HM game and naming the player character something dirty, the dog/cat something dirty, and the farm name is an expletive. And then we make everyone hate the character.

Play Rune Factory 1 and 2. (it has a great storyline, as in it actually follows one unlike the others, and it actually has a storyline ending, where you find your lost dad)

HM: SI also, it's control scheme is immensely improved. I suppose you are referring to HMDS or HMDS Cute since you speak of having the dog and cat at the start. HM: SI has fantastic schemes where you actually have to work very hard in all things. It's also significantly more difficult and the graphics are in a pretty 3D.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
KingdomBlade said:
Inunah said:
I can't see how anyone would like Harvest Moon games on the DS. Even my sister, who loves Harvest Moon, thinks that the DS ones are stupid and not worth playing, due to idiotic storylines and botched controls. We both once contemplated getting a DS HM game and naming the player character something dirty, the dog/cat something dirty, and the farm name is an expletive. And then we make everyone hate the character.

Play Rune Factory 1 and 2. (it has a great storyline, as in it actually follows one unlike the others, and it actually has a storyline ending, where you find your lost dad)
Even better: play RF3. It's still not released in the US, so if you don't know any Japanese you won't know the story, but that doesn't really matter, as the gameplay's already amazingly fun!

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Inunah said:
Hisiru said:
I am playing these games everyday:
Soma Bringer
Harvest Moon: Sunshine islands
Feel The Magic
Luminous Arc
Maestro! Jump in Music
Ouendan 2
The Dark Spire
Dragon Quest V
I hate the first HM games on the DS but I really love the new game (Sunshine Islands) and I think you should try. For me it's almost on par with Friends Of Mineral Town.

Oh and you can control the character using the D-pad just like a normal HM.

@Edit: Yeah, I agree with Overlord. RF 3 is very improved over the previous games and has an excellent gameplay.

LufianGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scrtmstr said:
phoenix wright series, just to adictive. At boring moments you're still trying to figure out how that piece is related to that piece and so on

Ace Attorney is the most addictive series I ever played on DS! I can't wait for the wiiware games to come out!!

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
Inunah said:

HM: SI also, it's control scheme is immensely improved. I suppose you are referring to HMDS or HMDS Cute since you speak of having the dog and cat at the start. HM: SI has fantastic schemes where you actually have to work very hard in all things. It's also significantly more difficult and the graphics are in a pretty 3D.
Actually I was talking about that one with the island.

And I don't like Rune Factory. Reasons:
1. There's farming
2. Only one town
3. Storyline is botched and dull
4. No parties (as in party members and that such)
5. Storyline does not take you to any unique places.
6. After 15 minutes every place to explore has become dull and you'd rather skip over them.
7. You have permanent residence.
8. 2D + 3D do not mix in these games. Much horrid.

Sunshine Island is suck because there's no point, because most of the games don't even end. Plus why would anyone like a game with farming, other than Gardening Mama? I mean, farming games with a storyline aren't all too great. In fact, they are worse than listening to Carrot Top arguing with Pee Wee Herman and a glass of vodka.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I KNEW IT! You didn't play Sunshine Islands! Try it first. Immensely improved. It also has D-Pad controls. Please, do play it even if these games are not your type. I mean, when I first saw HM in a magazine I thought it was lame, then I saw a copy of FOMT for cheap, so I bought it. It was fantastic. This is almost on par with FOMT.

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Inunah said:
KingdomBlade said:
Inunah said:

Actually I was talking about that one with the island.

And I don't like Rune Factory. Reasons:
1. There's farming
2. Only one town
3. Storyline is botched and dull
4. No parties (as in party members and that such)
5. Storyline does not take you to any unique places.
6. After 15 minutes every place to explore has become dull and you'd rather skip over them.
7. You have permanent residence.
8. 2D + 3D do not mix in these games. Much horrid.

Sunshine Island is suck because there's no point, because most of the games don't even end. Plus why would anyone like a game with farming, other than Gardening Mama? I mean, farming games with a storyline aren't all too great. In fact, they are worse than listening to Carrot Top arguing with Pee Wee Herman and a glass of vodka.

I doubt you played Sunshine Islands, you probably played Island of Happiness and that game sucks very hard. Sunshine Islands is at the same level of Harvest Moon 64 and Harvest Moon Friends Of Mineral Town. Incredible game, really fun to play if you really like the series.

Do a favour for yourself and go play this game. I am very happy because they announced a new HM for the DS and it seems to be even better.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
I KNEW IT! You didn't play Sunshine Islands! Try it first. Immensely improved. It also has D-Pad controls. Please, do play it even if these games are not your type. I mean, when I first saw HM in a magazine I thought it was lame, then I saw a copy of FOMT for cheap, so I bought it. It was fantastic. This is almost on par with FOMT.
I don't like any of the Harvest Moon games. I don't like that the DS ones have D-Pad controls. I don't like farming. Why would I even want to try another Harvest Moon game? They're all the same: Farm, get married, have a kid, farm, sleep, farm, fish, farm, sell crops, talk to people, farm.
I've tried Another Wonderful Life, HM64, A Wonderful Life, HMDS, HMDSC, IoH, and FOMT. I did not like any one of them. They were all uninteresting to me, and very dull. They were to me what a sesame street game is to a grown man. Yes, i've tried Rune Factory. More like crap factory. It's not possible to make an RPG/Simulation game that's good. Either RPG or simulation, people! Come on, once you mix those you get the crap noone wants to look at.

EDIT: Oh god, not another Harvest Moon game. Can't they just stop making those until i'm too scenile to know what video games are?!

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Inunah said:
KingdomBlade said:
I don't like any of the Harvest Moon games. I don't like that the DS ones have D-Pad controls. I don't like farming. Why would I even want to try another Harvest Moon game? They're all the same: Farm, get married, have a kid, farm, sleep, farm, fish, farm, sell crops, talk to people, farm.
I've tried Another Wonderful Life, HM64, A Wonderful Life, HMDS, HMDSC, IoH, and FOMT. I did not like any one of them. They were all uninteresting to me, and very dull. They were to me what a sesame street game is to a grown man. Yes, i've tried Rune Factory. More like crap factory. It's not possible to make an RPG/Simulation game that's good. Either RPG or simulation, people! Come on, once you mix those you get the crap noone wants to look at.

EDIT: Oh god, not another Harvest Moon game. Can't they just stop making those until i'm too scenile to know what video games are?!

RPGs are the same thing, you have a level system, you beat the boss and bla bla bla. Shooters are the same thing, you shoot, you die etc etc. Simulators like Sim City are the same thing, you build your city and you waste your money building another thing etc etc. Fighting games are the same thing because you fight against enemies and that's all you do in the entire game.

If you don't like HM games why did you bothered making a comment about my post? I like it and some of them actually have a storyline.

And Rune Factory is a good game. I won't call Dragon Quest IX a bad game or "Dragon Crap IX" just because I don't like it (yes, I am a DQ fan, I tried DQIX and it's an incredible game, but it's not for me).

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Inunah said:

Wind's Bazaar looks to be very promising. I've saw it, played a bit of the Japanese, and it looks to be very unique with a ton of new gimmicks and improvements. I love the art style. It also includes a new principle that involves making a bazaar and trading items and selling and the wind system also. Something like that. There's also Rune Factory 3 which happens to have an immense improvement over the previous games. (even if the main character looks gay) Twin Villages promises to follow Wind Bazaars Art style and it has a gimmick that has 2 different villages.

See, new stuff.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
KingdomBlade said:
Inunah said:

Wind's Bazaar looks to be very promising. I've saw it, played a bit of the Japanese, and it looks to be very unique with a ton of new gimmicks and improvements. I love the art style. It also includes a new principle that involves making a bazaar and trading items and selling and the wind system also. Something like that. There's also Rune Factory 3 which happens to have an immense improvement over the previous games. (even if the main character looks gay) Twin Villages promises to follow Wind Bazaars Art style and it has a gimmick that has 2 different villages.

See, new stuff.
Wind system? I thought only Zelda Windwaker could pull something like that off.

D

Deleted-231483

Tetris DS and Picross DS. Oh man I have no idea why I'm not sick of them yet.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pretty much get addicted to anything I play. So I'm playing castlevania right now. But ffta and A2 got me pretty good for a while. Chrono trigger had me last Christmas.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Inunah you missed the point of your own thread?!
huh.gif

Talk about games that you find addictive, if somebody listed Harvest Moon/Rune Factory as addictive, they probably find it to be a great game, it's OK that you don't like it, but there is no point in talking trough two pages of a thread that you dislike a game writing stuff like:
QUOTE said:
It's not possible to make an RPG/Simulation game that's good. Either RPG or simulation, people! Come on, once you mix those you get the crap noone wants to look at.
You are aware that these games are extremely popular, and your statement that noone care about them doesn't hold up?!

Stop arguing with people about their list of addictive games, they suggested you try these games, you said you don't like them, OK, move along....You said you're addicted to Cooking Mama, I've played the game a bit, even tho I find it a good game, I would never say for it that it's addictive, and it wasn't simply for me....Now will I argue about it with you for couple of pages, no, so don't you do it either with other members!

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the Big Bang Mini demo;pretty fun to play.

I'm sadly not addicted to any game right now. I've been trying to play Castlevania, but OoE's 2nd boss never dies, so I can't get passed the damn prison. Stupid giant skeleton. :/

EDIT: Also my bro's shoulder buttons on his DS broke.

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The game I tend to come back to most is Neves, but that's mostly because I can turn it on, play for 5-10 minutes and turn it off again. I play other games on the DS, but they tend to be more a case of sit down and play through over a few days, and then don't return to them. Obviously my concentration span isn't as good as...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Almond Joys got nuts!